functionalgeekery.com/
clojure.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

girlloveshaskell.com/
facebook.github.io/reason/
warbyparker.com/eyeglasses/women/haskell/woodgrain-tortoise
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one programs here

Why don't sandboxes work in Leksah? I keep getting conflicts with global installed packages. Annoying as fuck.

Should I bother learning Haskell if I'm a gay faggot?

No, Haskell is for women.

girlloveshaskell.com/

Man, this is embarrassing. Why can't women advocate for things without inserting themselves into it in some manner?

Because they don't genuinely care about the thing, they just care about showing off as part of somehing, because they have vaginas and they are already praised just because of that, so they really don't need to compete.
Men also have this need to stand out, but they're not so goddamn envolved in their feelings and self image as to just use the activity as an excuse to show themselves, but they (us, we?) genuinely care about at least getting gud at it because we do have to show our worth. Women are just there for the taking , they're the prize.

Also hello OP, I hought you'd given up

Does Idris have a shot at becoming a non-meme language? Dependent types sound interesting.

what can refined types do¿
what's the use of having a constraint on already existing types

rate my wordswith function that is basically words but with any char instead of just space

wordswith :: Char -> String -> [String]
wordswith _ [] = []
wordswith c str = f : wordswith c (dropWhile (==c) s)
where (f, s) = break (==c) str

also, would evaluation of f and s make wordswith more efficient?

Who is she and who's the girl holding the K&R book?

Deviates from ‘words’:

λ words " "
[]
λ wordswith ' ' " "
[""]

>she

technically, it's correct
words produces a list or nothing
and wordswith produces a list of a list of nothing

aside from this edge case (which isn't a big deal) , it achieves the same output

Scheme isn't functional, retard.

Nothing's purely functional. Everything has to have some side effects for input and output at least.

/thread

Why no OCaml?

Thanks, redditors just about made me quit posting here. Haven't seen much love for the functional programming languages.

Thoughts on this?
facebook.github.io/reason/

warbyparker.com/eyeglasses/women/haskell/woodgrain-tortoise

She is the functional programming goddess.

Imagine a life where you have never been great at anything, never felt the urge to be great at anything, never felt that magnetic admiration to someone who was great at something, wanted to imitate and ultimately defeat him. Just nothing. Literally all you do in life is exist. Occupy space. pass the time. You're a chick.

You're bored,tweeting about your fucking hair and not even feeling any kind of happiness from it, just soothing your constant need to be bitter and cunty and petty toward other women. Every single thing you've done in the past year was mundane, shallow, and boring. You spent the last six hours reading kinda-interesting Reddit stories about people who made interesting Halloween hats for their kids or some stupid bullshit that you think is interesting and you may say is interesting but you're not really sure if it's really interesting. You're just fucking sitting there, gestating, fermenting, with a moist hole between your legs that guarantees you'll at least never have to get up and move around and work to support yourself.

And then you see men, over in some corner, having fun. You've never seen this before. What are they even doing? Instead of their consciousnesses merely sitting in their thick skull and revolving around itself, they are imbuing their conscious energy and intentionality into external objects, crafts, goals, projects. All the bitterness and cuntiness you feel nonstop seems to be absent, as they congratulate each other for being victorious, and happily learn from someone who defeated them. These creatures are truly content to be alive. They have found purpose in a purposeless universe.

And your gaze turns back on itself, on your self, and you realise you've never had that. You can never have it. You're just a stupid cunt.

So you get up, you walk over there, and you fucking ruin everything. Just ruin the whole fucking thing. The five seconds of attention you get will be worth destroying it. Because you're a woman.

I didn't know about this but as I can see it is worth checking out. I'm currently going through "Real World OCaml" book and I like and recommend it.

kek

Example: implementing a safe vector without defensive bounds checks.

The type of the vector would include a measure of its length (N). When you try to index the vector, you have to provide an index less than N, which would be reflected in the type of the index parameter. Why is this better? If you already know a number is less than N, you don't need to do any more run time bounds checking on it. This "knowledge" is represented using a refined type. You can also manipulate this knowledge, for example, you can freely "weaken" a number less than M to a number less than N if M < N. The run time checks only come in when you actually need to "refine" a value.

Dependent types are a generalization of refined types, and are suitable for encoding them. In this example, they would be useful because you can have the vector's length be a value only known at run time - this is where types "depending" on values comes into play.

I'm not sure what you expected. This is Sup Forums after all..

But every now and then I'm looking into these threads, even though I'm not a functional programmer (yet).,

Wow, someone's gf has just quit the realtionship..

Never for a second assume women are not inherently evil. They might not even consiously realize that, but they're essense is evil.
t. other user, in a stable relationship

It may look like that, but IMHO women and men are just "orthogonal".

Imagine two people reading a text:
Person 1 only cares about the meaning of the text.
Person 2 only cares about if it's well written and has typos.

So sometimes they will agree about what a good text is, sometimes they will have completely differnt opinions.

But only when both people share (and respect) each others opinion they can find out what REALLY good texts are.

That's why mother nature made men and women different. The individuals may suffer, but that way we (as mankind) produce the best results.

But even though women and men might not understand each other, we can learn from each other.

stupid syntax, a lot of the original shit was chosen for a reason

>r9k

>The Haskell Programming Girl
>Haskell and I have a lot in common: we are both advanced, purely-functional, and open-sourced; we both have twenty years of cutting-edge research experience, can develop robust, concise, correct software rapidly; we both have strong support for integration with others; we both have built-in concurrency and parallelism; we are both great debuggers and profilers; we both love our rich libraries and our active community; we both produce flexible, maintainable, high-quality software.

>My love for Haskell is an infinite and uncountable monad, a Cartesian closed category if you will. If you lack the sophistication to appreciate my immutable passion, you can D.I.A.F.

>p.s. I don't usually listen to music, but when I do, I listen to it via a Haskell OAuth API.

wtf?

men and women aren't really all that different even. it's mostly societal constructs.

Imagine a life where you have never been great at anything, never felt the urge to be great at anything, never felt that magnetic admiration to someone who was great at something, wanted to imitate and ultimately defeat him. Just nothing. Literally all you do in life is exist. Occupy space. pass the time. You're a 4channer.

You're bored,sshitposting about Stallman and not even feeling any kind of happiness from it, just soothing your constant need to be bitter and cunty and petty toward other women. Every single thing you've done in the past year was mundane, shallow, and boring. You spent the last six hours reading kinda-interesting Reddit stories about people who play video games or some stupid bullshit that you think is interesting and you may say is interesting but you're not really sure if it's really interesting. You're just fucking sitting there, gestating, fermenting, with a moist cock between your legs that guarantees you'll at least never have to get up and move around and work to support yourself.

And then you see men, over in some corner, having fun. You've never seen this before. What are they even doing? Instead of their consciousnesses merely sitting in their thick skull and revolving around itself, they are imbuing their conscious energy and intentionality into external objects, crafts, goals, projects. All the bitterness and cuntiness you feel nonstop seems to be absent, as they congratulate each other for being victorious, and happily learn from someone who defeated them. These creatures are truly content to be alive. They have found purpose in a purposeless universe.

And your gaze turns back on itself, on your self, and you realise you've never had that. You can never have it. You're just a stupid faggot.

So you get up, you walk over there, and you fucking ruin everything. Just ruin the whole fucking thing. The five seconds of attention you get will be worth destroying it. Because you're a shitposter.