My GTX570 has finally decided to give up the fight, and looks like this picture. I think it's time for an upgrade!

My GTX570 has finally decided to give up the fight, and looks like this picture. I think it's time for an upgrade!

I have plenty to spend, so what should I be considering?

Other urls found in this thread:

evga.com/support/stepup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gentoo GNU/Linux

GTX 970 for ~$180 is probably going to be the best bang for your buck right now, memes aside.

There are also relevant AMD cards.

If you don't mind waiting, the AMD RX 480 is going to be both powerful and economical.

1070 if you're not a faggot AMD pleb

970 is not $180, not sure what you get out of lying about that

wait a few months and then ask again

>1280x1024

1070 if you can afford it RX 480 soon if you want bang for the buck, as well as empower your computer with a gundam

no linux distribution is named that at the moment
the closest thing is gentoo linux

That was simply an artist depiction. Here's another

I could afford a 1070, it's also noteworthy that I currently only use a single 1080p monitor. But my budget is around $1000, so I could pair the 1070 with a nicer monitor or something

get a 1080 and a 1440p monitor.

Saying $180 was a bit aggressive, but not unlikely as its only $10-20 under what many are asking for their cards. 10-20 surely wouldn't be much to negotiate, at which point you arrive at $180.

Both craigslist for my area and /r/hardwareswap show prices at or below $200

>being this butt blasted

Are you overclocking your GPU? The VRAM, specifically?

used hardware scary

A GTX 1070 and a 1080p monitor would last a long fucking time.... as long as Async Compute doesn't take off...

I'd get a 1440p Ultra-Wide monitor with a GTX 1070, if you can swing it.

>used hardware scary

Good goy

don't upgrade yet, Sup Forumsuy
My hd 7950 did the same, i just reflowed it with a heat blower (take off the cooling first) and it worked again

I've commissioned used parts for practically 15 years. I've had more issues with new components at this point than anything.

If you want a lot of bang for your buck the RX 480 is looking like it's gonna be a pretty solid card

So basically, I've had issues with the card shutting off randomly for the past couple of years, it happens for a few weeks, then gets less often and disappears for a long time. I was changing some settings on the nvidia control panel when my comp crashed. I uninstalled all nvidia drivers but that still didn't fix it, and when I try to reinstall them I get this lovely BSOD. Otherwise, the screen has a bunch of red marks on it.

I'm on integrated graphics right now, it's actually not terrible.

Used hardware is not the price of hardware. It's the price of used hardware.

Yeah try reflowing it, just make sure you don't melt it (a minute will be enough, don't forget to move the heat blower because its fukin hot)

Australian errors

GTX 1070. No exceptions.

was not defined that new == requirement.

I also did not tell you it was the price for new.

>recommending nvidia
2 shekels have been desposited on your NSA AgentBank account

>I have plenty to spend

lol

is it worth? also which third party should I wait for

always go with non-reference coolers

>is it worth?
Always get the best card you can afford regardless of brand.

>also which third party should I wait for
EVGA for the step up program. Asus Strix for the cooling.

>EVGA for the step up program

How would that work? Would I have to buy a 980 this very second?

You could just check for blown capacitors and resolder new ones.

Source: Had same shit happen to me 2 years ago.

>How would that work?
evga.com/support/stepup/