What should I do with my rPi model 2 B?

what should I do with my rPi model 2 B?

I've been using it for retropie but it's getting old as it's more convenient to emulate shit from my laptop.

I have a 10GB microSD, and shitty bluetooth and wifi dongles.

Obviously I have a monitor, mouse, and keyboard with it.

Also general Raspberry Pi thread

Other urls found in this thread:

learn.adafruit.com/pigrrl-2/overview
raspberrypi.org/magpi/issues/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck I meant class 10 not 10GB

Raspbian so you can browse with it like you can do with your laptop.

collect dust

Server
Cloud, nas, multimedia...

This + transmission

The PiGrrl 2.0 was a lot of fun to build.

learn.adafruit.com/pigrrl-2/overview

Design a system that controls the growth of plants. Lighting, water distribution, food distribution, etc. Now grow "plants"...

Build a home security camera using pi camera and some TCP/IP magic. Take pictures every second and upload them to a server. Make a home web sever with another RPI and post the pictures on the web server.

raspberrypi.org/magpi/issues/

Warberry PI

Until you get a dedicated server for it (NUC or something), use it as a torrent-machine. Install deluge and set it up correctly.

Also, sonar and couchpotato for automatic torrenting of media files.

I'm planning on doing a startup project to supply rpi3 to low-income children in rural schools with a workable computer and to teach them basic programming and mathematics. Rpi3 basically shits over OLPC at almost 1/3 its price.

Any reason why I shouldn't do it?

>Record some mildly offensive always pessimistic lines of dialogue that fit into 3 groups (but vague enough to fit into all groups)
>lightweight, middleweight, heavyweight
>assume light is child, medium is woman, heavy is man
>connect Pi to a scale to weigh people
>if lightweight read from child group of dialogue, medium from woman, heavy from man
>package it all in a coin-operated fortune teller machine where the user has to stand on the scale
>place in mall and rake in the cash

hard mode
>pick up cash out of machine in costume wearing at least a cape

Currently working on it.
Can't wait for my automated "flowers" to bud

There are tons of people that do this with more powerful machines.

No, I partnered with a non profit that brought code literacy to the 'hood'. Probably one of the greatest experiences of my life

Firstly, you need a
>power brick
>monitor
>mouse
>keyboard
>other peripherals; speakers, SD cards (or TF cards for you slanty-eyed chinks), adapters

Just to properly use Raspberry pi as a working computer. Even if Pi 3 has better performance than OLPC, in the end of the day, OLPC is still cheaper as a whole compared to pi.

I think it would be better if you give them netbooks instead. Netbook nowadays (while still a piece of trash) has gone leaps and bounds compared to the first eee pc and there are plenty of no-name chink brands that sell a pretty decent netbook for less than 100 bucks

>pic related

Story?

Sadly, there's no money in education unless the state provides it.
Then, there's no money in the poor.

You are trying to make money by educating the poor? Good luck.

Maybe but consider this, I could give 3 rpi to them kids for the price of 1 olpc

Put Stratux on it, feed ADS-B data to Flightradar24

No, but instead I'm partnering with the state to provide computer learning aid to the children. Previously they did provide olpc but I think they could give a better computer at cheaper price. Providing the tools itself isn't where I draw profits from, it's the fact that I'm providing them with continuous support system so shit isn't just like one time deal

Huh, I actually missed that point

>and post the pictures on the web server.
and post them in random threads

I thought this too, but when I realised that it takes a more powerful processor to teach kids modern software to make them job ready, the pi fails. A banana pi cheaper, and the only uses I can teach them are basics and gpio functions. I love the pi, but its better to teach kids what will prepare them for the bigger companies.