Normie misconceptions about cyber crime?

I have to make a Power Point about cyber crime. I want to make it as lame as possible without getting failed. I don't want to make it cringey though, so no Anonymous or frogsquad stuff. What are some memeable misconceptions about cyber crime that would look scary to normies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DNO6G4ApJQY
youtube.com/watch?v=_DWBMxFjebc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do your own homework.

Ransomware.

That's all the help you need.

use terms unknown to them and end with a demo

PIRACY

If you are connecting your own hardware, back up everything beforehand (obviously) and actually run real ransomware on your hardware at the end of the presentation as a demo.

Show them why they need you.

Show them the epic lulzsec hax and sabu snitching

Zero Day attack, Ransomware, Reverse Shell, SQL Injection, RAT, Keyloggers, Rootkits

Show them pic related.

and everyones asleep two minutes in.

Add a slide about the TJX hacker if you need non-meme hackers

>end with a demo

I should've thought about this before. I could make a demo about WiFi password cracking and scare them talking some bullshit about it. I'm thinking about using Backtrack without GUI and that would look hacky as fuck. I could even wear a balaclava for dramatic effect.

lame

you do realize cracking wpa passwords takes time right?

tell them about how people actually double ur gp and trim your armor in runescape, the real 'behind the scenes stuff'

Most of it is from China or Russia. Most of it is automated. Also don't use shitty stock photos like the one you just posted.

Just write a script with some hacky looking shit and at the end outputs "conneced succesfully" even though you're using the open wifi, but thye don't have to know that! Use green text on black background!

I'm gonna use WEP and place my laptop really close. They're gonna be scared as fuck when I crack it in less than a minute, and even if I'm being sneaky, my job is to instruct them about cyber crime, not WiFi security protocols. Then I'm gonna proceed to talk about something that appeals to their emotions in a language they can understand: "Fifty seconds is all it takes for a pedophile to hack your Internet and steal your pictures of your children. You wouldn't even know it if it happened! As a matter of fact, I guarantee you that it has already happened to at least one person in this room."

Isn't that HACK.NET?

>backtrack
What year are you from?
>balaclava
Kill yourself. People like you make infosec look bad, you little charlatan faggot.

Add in clips from hackers or other cheesy films.

Didn't you say you didn't want it to be cringey? That sounds like a fucking ad for antivirus software.

Calm your tits faggot. This is a low end course for law enforcement agents that actually do nothing related to computers. Basically I'm giving street cops a 2 hour long crash course about cyber crimes that they will never find and probably couldn't understand anyway. I need them to feel that they learned something useful, because I don't want them to provide negative feedback about the course later on. The only way I think I can do this is by presenting them with a bunch of stereotypes like the ones you see in the movies; these people thing that hacking is like in the movies and they won't be fulfilled unless I show them it's just like that. I think my plan is great for this particular audience.

Make someone there connect to your network and have them access a non-TLS secured site (most social media sites don't use TLS for images). Then, open up wireshark and capture their packet. Export all the HTTP objects and show them how you "hacked" their photos

You could instead try teaching them the reality of things. You will be more respected if you don't sound like an overhyping hollywood moron.

That's actually worse. You're telling people in a position of authority a bunch of Hollywood lies to cover your own ass. You are contributing to the government's ignorance about technology for your own gain. I hope you get trapped under a burning building and fucking roast alive.

Your job is to inform them, not to entertain them. You will end up failing at both.

You don't need to make them "feel" like they learned something useful. You actually need to teach them something useful, something a shitty little script kiddy cannot do. You are obviously completely underqualified for the job.

talk about how hacking is confused with breaking into websites. hahahahaha
Like hey I broke into the cia website and wrote my name there, now they are saying I caused 12 billion $$$$$$$$$$$$ of damage and compromised security hahahahahahahaha

You need to be 18 to post here.

"I am the hacker known as Sup Forums"
youtube.com/watch?v=DNO6G4ApJQY

OP. Please, for the love of God, just teach them something. Just actually teach them something and do your job. Holy shit you're a fucking faggot.

>I don't wanna be cringey
>LOL what if I wear a balaclava

You don't have the social awareness to know what's cringey or not, and I really doubt you know as much about what you're talking about as you think, or it'd be easy to teach about it. You better hope everybody in that room's a slobbering fucking dolt, or they're gonna see through your shit, and some big Tyrone cop is going to kebab you with his nightstick.

The biggest normie misconception about cybercrime is that governments and police services can do anything about it
they cant, they are completely useless

Nothing like this can be really useful to their job, because even if they knew the right stuff, that goes beyond the scope of what they actually do. For example, if they see a dude sitting in a car with a laptop they will arrest him independently of whether they think hacking is Hollywood-esque or not. They don't need to really know stuff in depth to do their job and arrest the guy. That's why what I'm teaching them is good enough for them, anything more would just confuse them; I am the best person for this job because I understand this, and because I know how to show it in a way they can relate to. For example wearing a balaclava during the demonstration.

I understand what you guys are trying to say, but there's another aspect to my job, and it's not about technical stuff, but about dealing with people in the right way. Most times that's more important than technical stuff.

OP, you have transcended beyond faggotry. This is a new form of autism that we don't have a name for yet.

Then just tell them that it doesn't apply to their job, and give them some basic knowledge. That's it. Don't fill their heads with lies to cover your own ass, because the moment you leave that room, people are going to be talking about what a fucking loser you are.

Do your own high school homework.

Also Sup Forums is for 18+. Enjoy your ban.

>he bumped the thread from the bottom of page 9 to post this

Is it summer already?

Didn't moot get rid of sage fucking years ago?

Don't forget your music.
youtube.com/watch?v=_DWBMxFjebc

Just go to Krebs site and steal his articles.

Sage was never removed, it was simply made invisible. The email field was removed.