Gnome 3

How am I supposed to use this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C7RjWXRniA4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

by being a real human bean

By uninstalling it and using MATE like a normal person.

Press the Windows key.
Magic happens.
Then learn the keyboard shortcuts.

Pretty much the same keyboard shortcuts as i3wm.Once you get used to it,it's great.

Don't

Ask the GNOME devs. They know best. Don't question them.

Death to the rat

by keybindings. Absolutely best keybindings of any DE, very 'productive'

By reading the documentation and not making an 8 word thread on Sup Forums - Technology asking how to use the desktop environment that you installed.

Death to xfce?

Gnome is objectively the best DE for if you have more than one monitor (ie, if you're not poor)

Do any distros still use KDE4? Plasma makes my balls itch.

Debian Jessie still uses KDE 4 IIRC
Plasma 5 sucks desu.

>unironically suggesting using shit that depends on X.org

Enjoy your total lack of features/options. GNOME is shit.

by using XFCE instead and configuring it to look like GNOME2

If you are too stupid to use gnome shell, you should consider practising on a childrens learning computer first.

For real: install extensions!

Wayland is an unstable piece of shit.
Extension for everything and anything. There is also the dconf editor.
Why? Just use mate.

>gnome 3 is making gtk3 complete shit
>mate is switching to gtk3
>xfce is switching to gtk3
I'm seriously considering using KDE.

because XFCE is actually more supported?

>Extension for everything and anything. There is also the dconf editor.

Enjoy your buggy/bloated extensions for features that should have been included. Lack of configuration/settings etc. for simple things on default programs blah blah... I could go on. It's fuckin shit m8. Install cinnamon/mate/kde/xfce OP. Your welcome.

>implying KDE isn't doomed to a similar fate.

>Bloat
If you have a computer that has more than 500MB hard disk space this does not matter. GNOME is not a minimalist desktop environment. It is an environment that strives to create a productive environment.

I have a shitload of extensions enabled and i have noticed very little performance issues.

The good extensions seem to become default features.

How?
Qt isn't bound to a shitty DE like gtk.

>If you have a computer that has more than 500MB hard disk space this does not matter.

Decided who? You?

>GNOME is not a minimalist desktop environment.

Never thought so. It's still shite and I'd rather use KDE.

>I have a shitload of extensions enabled and i have noticed very little performance issues.

Good for you.

You're not.

Gnome is the worst that can happen with incompetent devs and a hard on for tablet UI concepts.

>Magic happens.
God damn right
GNOME 3 is god-tier

>It is an environment that strives to create a productive environment.
thats why everyone here hates it, they do nothing but shitpost and their shitty tilling windows 1.0 DE

If by god-tier you mean complete fucking lobotomy-grade, ward 11 retard-level.

correction (i.e if you still live with parents)

stfu desu-fag

The idea behind bloat is that the more features you have the more difficult it is to troubleshoot/fix your computer.

But you probably couldn't code your way out of a wet-paper bag so that doesn't matter to you

Wayland is completely stable. You mean the compositors.

glorious kde. gnome is windows metro tier.

>waaah, no options, can only do what GNOME devs dictate
Except the extension system lets us do pretty much anything?
>waaah, having complete freedom sucks, there should only be the the options the devs give us

Honestly, people, make up your bloody minds. Good night.

>waaah, having complete freedom sucks, there should only be the the options the devs give us

said no-one ever.

wtfamireading.jpg

>Wayland is an unstable piece of shit.

It's been working fine since 2015

Completely without help from Xorg! :^)

>I'm too stupid to use a DE
How retarded can you be ?

Why's that an issue ? It's not like they've said otherwise.
>Is wayland replacing the X server?
>It could replace X as the native Linux graphics server, but I'm sure X will always be there on the side.
>I imagine that Wayland and X will coexist in two ways on a Linux desktop

>what is OSX?

Who gives a shit about homOSeX?

breaks a lot of shit though, not interested until more X stuff is re-written in the next couple years

I cannot help it, but KDE always looks so fucking incosistent to me. It always tries to look like everythung and nothing at the same time. Glassy Button-highlights, framrs like OSX, tiling like in Windows, some AeroGlass-shit and now BurgerMenues ... two of them in opposite corners. Not to mention there is no coherent color scheme within everything, just a bunch of stuff. I know you could customize all of this, but then what remains is basically what you have with xfce. Fuck this bloated unstable transvestite of an DE.

>KDE always looks so fucking incosistent
youtu.be/C7RjWXRniA4

I found gnome to be comfy as fuck when using only the mouse. Not my cup of tea but don't get why it gets so much hate

It's the same kind of people who complain about how simplistic and retarded OSX is but in reality they can't even use it.