What lossy codecs does Sup Forums use for carrying their music around on mobile devices...

What lossy codecs does Sup Forums use for carrying their music around on mobile devices? I use 80k Opus (VBR) and it sounds damn near perfect on my HD600s. My library goes from 160GB in FLAC to 13GB.

96 vbr Opus on my phone and 512 vbr Opus on my laptop. I actually got rid of all my flac rips completely, they're just bloat desu. If I ever need to re-encode music to another format for whatever reason I'll just transcode from my 512 vbr Opus files.

>If I ever need to re-encode music to another format for whatever reason I'll just transcode from my 512 vbr Opus files.

0/10 bait bitch

I use mp3 like any other normal person!
:^)

>Lossy transcodes

Fuck off placebo fag, go listen to your 384Khz FLACs with $1000 headphones, magic stones, and cable lifters.

I stream FLAC to OGG when I'm on the go. MPD doesn't support Opus transcoding yet.

I'll start using Opus the day What.CD allows is

>I actually got rid of all my flac rips completely
dropped

Hi bloatgirl representative.

You forgot your bloat. Here is a "higher" quality image on the house.

>gets BTFO
>"g-geh-guh-get out u audiop-ph-phile!!! ugh those guys always annoy me!!! GET OUT I S-SAID!!! GET O-OH-OUT!!!"
you clearly don't understand why Sup Forums loves opus, do you?

Lossy transcodes aren't always bad though. Hell they're downright unavoidable sometimes.

Producing a 96 vbr Opus/[successor to Opus here] file will literally have the same quality whether ripped from a FLAC or 512 vbr Opus file. Of course i'd only do this once to prevent generational loss.

lossy transcodes are still bad, though, even if it sounds identical to flac.
you should keep a flac copy of the song for archival purposes in case you want to transcode to another format.

Where does Sup Forums get their FLAC music in the first place?

>lossy transcodes are still bad, though, even if it sounds identical to flac.
Then why don't movie studios release 1080p movies over multiple blu-ray discs to store the raw 2 hours of 1080p video (100GB+). Why do they punish use with "inferior" ~20GB video encoded in a single blu-ray disc?

>you should keep a flac copy of the song for archival purposes in case you want to transcode to another format.
Fuck that I save over 50GB of storage space when I abandoned FLAC, I'm not going back to using that bloated shit.

>Hell they're downright unavoidable sometimes.

No? I buy CDs and rip FLAC. I suggest you stop being a poorfag.

From CDs. FLACS online can be ripped from 320k MP3s. It's very hard to tell what a "real" FLAC is because MP3s can have the 20KHz cut-off frequency filter disabled and the .cue files doctored.

See:

>Then why don't movie studios release 1080p movies over multiple blu-ray discs to store the raw 2 hours of 1080p video (100GB+). Why do they punish use with "inferior" ~20GB video encoded in a single blu-ray disc?
because BD discs can only hold so much, user
besides, this is about music, not movies.

>Fuck that I save over 50GB of storage space when I abandoned FLAC, I'm not going back to using that bloated shit.
>I willingly listen to shitty transcoded music

>>I willingly listen to shitty transcoded music
Hey what brand of magic stones should I buy for my cable-lifted speaker cables?

This for much compatibility

Stupid apple user.

>Hey what brand of magic stones should I buy for my cable-lifted speaker cables?
it's not hard to notice the difference, just stop using your shitty $1 earphones you got from dollar tree and start using actual headphones :^)

Most of my music is either ALAC or MP3.

>apple codecs
>>>/reddit/

90% 128kbps Opus and 10% v0 and 320kbps mp3s that i never managed to find the original flacs so i could make Opus files.

>everything made by Apple is bad
I love this meme
you googled it and saw that it was made by Apple, then jumped on the meme train, didn't you?

Actually it's a creative nomad 2
Also car stereos.
Mp3 is the most widely playable codec.

I use whatever format my music was available in - storage is never a problem, phones play damn near everything and transcoding is just a huge waste of time and further reduction of quality. It's ridiculous when you think about it - you're wasting YOUR time making YOUR music OBJECTIVELY worse. Like, what the fuck man.

>I love this meme
Then you'll love r3ddit, hurry up and fuck off.

Alac is just a shitty FLAC + DRM, you don't have to be an Apple hater to see that.

stupid 3DPD poster.

Low test detected

How is it shitty? Comparisons show they they're very much the same. It's flac that works better with AirPlay, and the DRM is there if you buy the songs.

Iv never went to Reddit and I don't intend to start today. You can fuck off to the boards where you belong

Quality is obviously the same but Alac has worse compression. Also little details like cue support, but that's not a big deal.

good man

I can see areola, it's nsfw m8. plez delete

I keep all my lossless collection on a chinese botnet server and occasionally download it all and convert it to the newest meme format Sup Forums tells me to.

I'm in the middle of converting it all to 48 kbps opus because it sounds transparent to me on my shitty headphones.

But PNG is a lossless codec. All you've done is reduce the compression on the original image without improving the quality whatsoever. What was the point of that again?

Is there any headroom left for lossless audio codecs or is the current level-8 FLAC encoded with the cuetools encoder the best compression we can ever hope to achieve without dipping into lossy territory?

FLAC transcoded to Opus 128kbps and streamed from my server to my phone.

If I use Subsonic, which I tend to, my FLACs get transcoded to 192k MP3 and my MP3s just get transferred.
If I copy it over, I don't worry about it much at all.

However, assuming my phone supports Opus in all its glory it might be time to switch for that delicious space and bandwidth saving. (I would use Vorbis but not lossy to lossy without getting the bitrate low enough and keeping the quality.)