Is AyyMD even trying?

Is AyyMD even trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/gaming/171697-xbox-one-costs-more-to-make-than-the-ps4-thanks-to-esram-and-kinect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Xbox One - Custom 1.75GHz AMD 8-core CPU
PS4 - AMD 8-core CPU with x86 based architecture.
Xbox One - AMD GPU
PS4 - AMD GPU

They already won.

Talking about performance, user. Not some stupid fucking minute market share.

>AYYMD

NOT EVEN ONCE

>Get the low margin console market
>Lose the higher margin desktop and laptop market
>Get completely shut out of the highest margin sever and workstation market
Nice try Sanjeet.

AMD and ATi have been making the graphics and chips for consoles since the GameCube. What is it like being 18?

I'm sure all those bulk selling chips are making AMD rich(they don't all the big profit goes to the fab not AMD), meanwhile Intel is selling chips for $1,000 bucks profit.

FUCK YOU

Takes some time

>go down the chart to below all the $3000 server CPUs
>highest-scoring AMD CPU is literally $150 cheaper than Intel CPUs with the same score
>and more than $200 cheaper than the 4770K, its most popular competitor
so you're saying AMD CPUs are bad because they don't have a $2000 server variant? gotcha

AMD makes cents on each console though. The reason they're in consoles is because they were the lower bidders.

Okay, that reply made me audibly kek

I'll disregard your comment as you're probably 21 and still retarded.

yeah, and that's the sad part.
unfortunately, that's because they're far cheaper than intel and nvidia, and they make cpu's and gpu's, so of course microsoft and sony chose AMD. It's really why AMD has been hanging on, unfortunately. I hope Zen is the next Phenom for AMD, that would be sexy.

Xbox One's chip netted AMD around an $80 profit per console.

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that until someone can provide a source. I doubt, Microsoft turns a huge profit from the consoles themselves, if they even make one at all, so AMD sure as fuck won't be making 80$ per console.

Yeah, and Intel has better performing NEWER CPUs for even lower prices higher up in the same chart. Do not compare only the old one sitting right next to it...

Are you an idiot? No matter if MS makes profit selling consoles or not. They profit from games not platforms. AMD on the other hand makes profit selling hardware.

So no source then? Alright
Of course AMD make their profit selling hardware, but they're not making 80$ per console, because you pulled that number out of your ass and there is zero evidence to support that number.

>E5-2637 gets 10,306 score for a thousand bucks
>FX-9590 gets 10,266 score for $221.15
>realizing not everyone is a jew and not everyone makes computers from their mother's credit card.
>realizing any score over 8k won't bottleneck any GPU currently out in the market
Nice try jews

>gaming
opinion discarded

>$4000
lot more performance in $4000 worth of amd desktop grade processors

Who mentioned gaming you stupid fuck

what else besides gaming doesn't get a significant increase in performance by going from an 8k score CPU to a 24k?

Yes, I'm sure you're busy spending tens of thousands of dollars in machines dedicated to insanely big workloads like complex fluid mechanics simulations daily.

Fuck off.

>Xbox One's chip netted AMD around an $80 profit per console.

Maybe if your only taking manufacturing costs into account and at launch when the chips are sky high in price. But they agree to a timetable for cpu price cuts, a big part of the reason ms went to ati/ibm after using an nvidia gpu and intel in the xbox. Both screwed them over a bit on dropping the costs of chips.

TDP: 80W vs 220W
Cores: 2 vs 4
Logical cores: 4 vs 8

>passmark
only retards take that shit seriously

so you're just another dumb frogposter

why dont you post a chart where they include opterons?

>shit, he's right
>I'll just call him a dumb frogposter
>even though he didn't even post a frog
Good projection there mate.

there is a horse in the window x,^DDDDD on the picturesque x,,,^DDDDddd look user!!!
kekbenis ;,^DDDDD

extremetech.com/gaming/171697-xbox-one-costs-more-to-make-than-the-ps4-thanks-to-esram-and-kinect

The APU has a cost of $110 to MS and a fabrication cost of around $30

What was it like typing that up?

like bags of sand

my mom touches my private parts on a daily benis :,^DDDD please have a wonderful weekend anonimity-sama ^~^

>your

stopped reading there

no, they dumped their current CPU development in favor of Zen a few years ago

The only cpu cheaper on the chart is an old xeon. Xeons are useless for a regular desktop and why on earth would you use a single one.

>> hurr durr the workstation/server cpu outperforms the desktop cpu