Severe depression and anxiety

>severe depression and anxiety
>constantly forgetting things my boss tells me to do
>constantly forget client names
>accidentally drove to the wrong client because I didn't read an email all the way
>messing up on simple things like adding a new user to the domain
>get the feeling my boss is frustrated with me but won't tell me
>tfw I suspect I'm gonna get fired soon

I've never been fired before. How difficult is it to get another IT job after being fired?

Other urls found in this thread:

object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/human-freedom-index-files/human-freedom-index-2015.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's very easy if you just bee yourself

Has anyone here ever been fired?

I have a little system where I mark emails work in progress or complete so I don't forget anything, If you use outlook its easy to do. and If I get a verbal request I just send myself an email with the details so its included in the list also

no. i have depression and anxiety too so i am too afraid to get a job

It's pretty bad desu

I got fired for not showing up too many times. Zero fucks given.

Damn son, are you me?

Did you ever get another job?

kill yourself. all your problems will go away.

I don't want to destroy my parents.

Same

Are you me? At least you're not Bipolar but it's all the same.

seems like you have severe stress or mental dysfunction

see a psychologist and get something on paper before your boss fires you, so he can't fire you unless he wants to get in trouble for discrimination

ITT: broken men with imaginary mental problems concocted to shield them from the guilt of their own failures

It happened two days ago, let me enjoy my NEETness

Try meditating.

>unable to function
>imaginary mental problems

>"it's just your fault"
>"you should feel guilty"

lol kill yourself. At least these people understand and acknowledge their problems. You on the other hand have no chance of ever improving.
To my experience victim shamers are typically childhood abuse victims that never managed to accepted what happened to them

m8 i have trashed equipment and buildings for 10's of thousands of dollars, and my boss was mad as hell when i first started, mainly because he can't fire me (long story) but i showed improvement later on, and now he admitted to me that i have actually increased production. now he is just finding small things to nag me about, like earlier today, he scolded me for forgetting to dispose of a pile of dirt i had swept together on the floor. also he knows that i never say no to covering in for others.

not a tech job thouhg, so can't help you there

>>>/tumblr/

lmao @ ur life

Get help for your depression/anxiety, user (if you haven't already). Not for your job/boss, but for yourself.

(mental) health > anything else.

>because he can't fire me (long story)
Are you Indian?

>implying the tumblrite fgt is wrong

The forgetfulness and lack of focus are a side effect of the depression. Eat right, start exercising regularly, get into a routine, take up a hobby. When you feel like putting something off, don't. Just force yourself to do it. Tell your friends and family that you're depressed, they can help you out with it. Your boss probably isn't as frustrated with you as you think, it's just easier to focus on the negative aspects when you're depressed.

I know you probably feel like I'm trivialising what feels like a major thing to you right now but you can beat this with some small changes. I know, I've been there, it isn't easy, but the first thing you need to do is stop feeling sorry for yourself and go out to do things. Remember, you're not doing it to get rid of the depression, you're doing it because you want to. One last tip is that natural sunlight and a tidy home both help a lot. This can't be understated.

Meditate. Tomorrow and the day after. I want to you meditate and fast. Wake up at 6am on the Monday, and break your fast. No electronics. No social activities. Only water.

You need to figure yourself out a bit more.

Atleast you have a job

>too depressed and anxious to go outside
>too anxious to talk to people for more than a minute at a time
>can't even understand why people socialize (I can understand logically, but not personally)
>never talk to people
>being around people for >5 min puts in me paranoia mode and prevents me from being logical
>panic attacks when that happens
>autistic/anhedonia/reduced affect display
>no social contact even with family
>girls/women/friends? literally whos
>never TOUCHED or talked to an opposite sex

>30
>neet

You are in a better position than me.

>implying anxiety and depression are real disorders

Just suck it, senpai.

>chemical imbalances in your brain don't really exist

>t. 15 y.o. "redpilled" moron

no

I've never been depressed or mentally ill: The Post.

>implying they can't be overcome by manning up and not acting like a low test manboobed baby looking for a comforting teat to suck on

I'm sure that Wellbutrin that turns you into a docile eunuch will work wonders though.

>Not been doing much lately, history of anxiety and depression
>Wanted to start my master's thesis, everything is new and strange, feels like I've been away for much longer than I actually was
>I can't get interested in whatever topic I have because everything is destroyed by anxiety and my general awkwardness
>I should talk to my supervisors about what I'm supposed to do, but I'm weirdly afraid that I'm a nuisance to them
>No friends, nobody to talk to, nothing to look forward to except Game of Thrones every Sunday
>Life is complete shit at the moment

I'd think about suicide, but I simply can't do that to my parents.

>t. 29 y.o. nu male with match.com and eharmony profiles

>if you have down's syndrome you can overcome it by not being a little bitch!

Nice strawman. Swing and a miss, kid.

Damn dude that sounds terrible. Since you said you have never touched a girl, you should just get rid of your virginity to a whore.

1] Get more sleep. You should be getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep.

2] Eat enough proteins daily. You should be getting at least 50-60 grams a day.

3] Drink enough water daily. You should be getting at least 2 liters of water a day. More depending on how much you exercise and thirst. Don't drink all the water at once obviously, you need to drink about half a liter every 4-6 hours.

All of these things above if disobeyed will result in you feeling tired, depressed, lower cognitive performance, and trouble memorizing things.

You're not comprehending the situation fully.

Reduced affect display/anhedonia makes those "terrible" things benign. Loneliness is not a thing for me. On the otherside, I can't get excited either. I can be mellow and chill, but thats just it. I actually don't crave any women or sex. Although I masturbate daily, who doesn't?

If someone had what I had without reduced affect display, then it might be the case. Otherwise, as of now, the logic side prevails for me.

>Not reading emails all the way
this is your own fault. Should have read those emails, man.

You sound like you don't interact with humans much.

Aside from internet, I go out once or twice every couple of weeks for groceries.

This is the life of neet, ofcourse.

2/10 reading comprehension. see me after class.

>Nuisance

You do know they have a weekly time allocation for supervising you, which goes into their paid rota? They are contractually obliged to provide that time.

In any case. Stop giving a fuck about irritating others. Your time is worth more than anybody else's in the whole damn world. It's your single most important asset.

have you tried using your phone for notes and things. I have pretty bad ADHD and my phone is my lifer saver at remembering and getting things done.

>no interest in sex.

Gym. Protein. Up your testosterone levels. Go skydiving or something.

Try fixing your diet. You are probably a fat fuck because statistically most people are fat fucks. So stop eating bad food. Stop having caffeine after 2pm and make sure you are getting enough sleep. And exercise.

So to recap: 1. Diet, 2. Sleep, 3. Exercise.

IF and only if you do not see improvements, and guarantee you will, then go see a doctor and get examined and maybe get on some meds. BUT fix the 3 basic things first. Diet, sleep, and exercise are the foundation you need. If you don't fix that shit and you just throw pills at it then you are a fat unhealthy sleep deprived out of shape faggot who now has a drug problem.

that affects depression and anxiety? well shit, I need to get fit.

Fuck yeah it does. Do you think your brain is not commected to the rest of your body? Try removing your brain and putting in a jar and see how long it lasts on it's own.

Different user, but hugely. Even good food helps your psyche immensely, being in a good physical state even more so. Just having good blood flow, with low blood pressure, gives you energy.

More generally, your productivity will be directly linked to your metabolism. And this is very much related to your fitness.

But, I can't help but stress, if you feel depressed and anxious figure out why! It's not your natural state - you can and will be able to do something about it. Understanding the causes is the first step, and it's something only you can do.

Brain is part of the body. Better active body shape = more good chemicals firing. Thus it might work out, no pun intended.

On the other hand, if depression is a real thing, then while working out might help quite a bit, it might not be stable unless you keep at it everyday or so.

I know what I'm doing this summer

This is the fucking real world

Incompetence is not an option

Get a grip or else you get no where

I totally agree that depression and anxiety are real issues but many people don't realize how much bad diet, lack of sleep, and lack of exercise aggravates those conditions. Many people will be basically "cured" if they fix those 3 things. So that's why doctors should force your to get all that shit in check before even thinking about pumping you full of meds but unfortunately the money is in selling people drugs, not actually trying to create a solid foundation of health.

Your life is over if you get fired. Suck his cock if that's what you have to do to keep your job. Also man the f*ck up and stop being a whiny bitch. Depression and anxiety are made up millenial disorders.

>depressed since 17
>not feeling any better at 21

The worst part is the brain fog

I just don't feel mentally as sharp as I used to and now it's gotten so bad that when I try and talk to people it feels like my brain is dying

I fixed the second and third issue

You'll recover partially and then a surge of new creativity and clarity will happen.

Maybe in couple more years or so. Thats what happened to me. You just have to think in a different fashion. Instead of looking at things as if you know and had forgotten. You need to readjust your thinking and try to see things/objects/concepts/ideas as something that you have no knowledge from the ground up. In other words, try to break down these things at a core fundamental levels that could be understood and then try to rebuild the thing/concept/idea/memory/etc again. Any assumption/statement/etc should be looked through these lenses.

I was able to get a much sharper brain after this. You could say I am sharper now than I was back before the depression. Ofcourse this is my solution that I created or rather arrived on my own, you might get some hint on your own solution.

Did you ever take any meds or is that all you did?

The client has two locations, one I didn't even know existed. I assumed the directions that were given to me was just the same one I always get so I glanced over it.

See
Good food and sleep help immensely. It's important to get into a routine of doing certain things every day or at least be wary of good and bad habits that you have. It's fucking difficult at the beginning, and it takes a while for your serotonin and dopamine levels to even come close to what they should be, but you need to put the groundwork in place for improvement to happen (and it will). I don't agree with , you shouldn't just hope things will get better. Break your current cycle, good diet, sleep, and start lifting.

I did the typical depression medication for couple of years. Those helped a bit in trying to readjust my life back in order instead of being a mess, however I stopped taking meds and now I'm at this stable depression state that allows me to function/think/act critically and clearly.

Obviously I'm not cured, but atleast my mind is clear.

You'll have to do physical activities on top of this too occasionally. Solo or otherwise, your choice. Running in the early morning helped me quite a bit in my clarity.

I thought you Sup Forumseniuses would have figured it by now but you being depressed is a sign that something's wrong with your body. It doesn't go away until you address that problem inside your body. Usually it's protein, water, and/or sleep starvation.

Unless you are legitimately ill depression is just your body's way of telling you something is wrong with it.

>I've never been fired before.
Then don't get fired.

Step 1.
>Write email to boss, because let's face it, you're a wreck and can't communicate with him verbally.
>"Dear boss man sir, I know my performance lately has been shit, I just want to let you know that I'm going through some feels, and am committed to improving. Maybe it's also better if I worked part time while I work through this shit, iunno. Plz bee supportive 'kay?

>telling boss you're going through shit

instafired

im suffering from depression too but things are working out better
man after all these years of considering suicide every day im glad i didn't do it

If you tell your boss about depression will you get fired Sup Forums?

And instabucks from the lawsuit that follows

You cant legally discriminate against someone with a debilitating illness

They'll fire you for something else though.

>severe depression and anxiety
>go to a doctor and get medical leave because live in western europe where healthcare is affordable and job security good so you cant get fired for something like this

>while getting paid 80% of salary while on leave

Enjoy being taxed out the ass and having your gdp artificially lowered by your owners. Enjoy never having the financial mobility an American has, enjoy never being able to easily make your own business or arm yourself.

I really don't think medication is needed, even in the short term. You'd be amazed what a bit of asceticism can do for you - not to mention that the severe is easier to implement than the not.

This is a valid point. The brain fog may be a sign of your condition, but it is equally related to an incompatibility between your approach the circumstances you must overcome. Being self critical is vital, being calm is vital, being objective is vital. Analyse what works and what doesn't, and don't jump to extremes - small shifts are usually sufficient, you don't need to create a whole new approach.

35% effective tax here with average income in communist swedistan

>Not purposely getting fired at every job so you can live off of unemployment benefits for the next several months and then do it all over again

Posting here is haram, kaffir. Get back to prepping your wife.

They would be treading on very thin ice. By your logic, any company who wanted to fire all their niggers would just "find a reason" and it would be OK since "hey we didn't fire them because they're black"

>>>/kys/

First thing i do after i graduate is gonna be sky diving to feel alive again.
Wanna ask my 50yo neighbor to teach me how to surf too so i can free some stress that way as well but the poor guy is always busy.

This. I get depressed too and have tried to kill myself twice but this ain't the board to mope about it.

>taxed out the ass
see >financial mobility
what
>easily make your own business
it's not that hard
>arm yourself
we're one of the top5 guns per capita, nigga.

you should really read up on stuff before you try to discuss them so you dont look like a retard.

I'll give you two points as a company owner who has dealt with a lot of employees:

1) Don't play to card too strongly, it may be difficult to make it affect your current job, but it can affect your future job prospects. I always call prior bosses before hiring, some will say it outright, others will put it in euphemism, but don't think it doesn't get around. Hell, I've even had really nice references that practically spell out 'this guy is a nutcase'.

2) Perhaps a continuation of the first point, but even within an organisation, whilst your job might be secure, career progression is not. This is on two points, the first being that if you're shit and you can't be fired, you're held back and syphoned into a job that you hate - so you leave willingly. The second is that aggressive performance and dynamism (hurrah, buzzwords) are the name of the game - frankly speaking, you promote people that you can project yourself onto.

So yeah, if you have problems I think the current system doesn't penalise people for sorting themselves out, but if it's persistent it will affect your career. (This is a Britbong perspective for reference).

Enjoy the slave life senpai

Not really, no.

It's common as fuck, actually. You don't have to say exactly what is going on. People have time off for all sorts of non-physical-illness reasons, deaths in the family, divorce, carer's leave, stress, heaps of things. If you get a medical certificate, the doctor isn't going to be too specific about the causes either.

But I know of a number of people who've gone on leave specifically for mental illness, none of which got fired.

>I really don't think medication is needed
Well good for you, I suppose.

Have you skydived much in the past? It's great fun, especially your first jumps.

There'll be a period mid way through where you'll stagnate, but push through that so you can articulate your freefalls and it's a rewarding sport.

>Well good for you

To clarify I wasn't the person that your suggested medication to. I just wanted to voice my opinion that approaching it as the mandatory initial step is unnecessary.

nigga most of europe has more freedom than america. you're barely in the top 10. fucking new zealand is nr 1

No never, but i seriously wanna try it out that's why i'm saving it as reward after i graduate.
Thanks for the advice user.

i think you mistook my post for something i did not intend.

Yeah I've been fired. Not too bad.

> bitch boss hates my ass because I'm a man. She is hardcore feminist.
> took side of skank student workers. Whenever I tried to get them to work, they would run to her and lie that I was mean and call them a bitch. Did no such thing.
> get called to mediation meeting to get me to quit. Show them six months of work I did. Boss gets pissy.
> she screams I HAVE WITNESSES! I tell the cunt why aren't they here?! She shut her fat mouth.
> still try to get me to quit. I slam my hands on the table and tell her to my face to fire my ass.
> get vacation pay of 2300 bucks and neet bucks. Take a 3 month break full of big foot pizzas and yu yu hakusho marathons.
> land job at call center. Rest is history.

Getting fired is scary your first time. But if you did nothing wrong, then fight the corporate asses with everything you got and you will win everytime.

>accidentally drove to the wrong client because I didn't read an email all the way

I have this problem. I just can't seem to convince myself to read messages completely. I don't get it.

>nigga
Your speech is illegal. You must now sit down and watch a moral competency video before being allowed to post again.

Enjoy your "freedom"

To clarify, I know. But it doesn't sound like OP is talking about a three month bout of sadness, which is unfortunately grouped in with major depressive disorder under the heading of depression.

I automatically assume actual hardcore mental illness requires medication, at least initially, unless there are specific reasons not to. Because that's the reality of lifelong mental illness. You don't think your way out of it, just like a blind person doesn't think their way out of blindness.

OP here, it is life long but my current dosage is no longer working as I'm slowly finding out.

>call center
Fuck that

I never used to believe this, but on some level it's all true. But society has created this and doesn't realize it at all

we have more freedom of speech here because people dont go "IM OFFENDED" at everything you say.

object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/human-freedom-index-files/human-freedom-index-2015.pdf