Be poorfag

>be poorfag
>only entertainment and source of income on pc
>pc dies yesterday
What do Sup Forums?

Anyone know of a way to build a new PC with shit credit? I've been applying for financing everywhere but keep getting denied. Score is like 590.

I tried Newegg preferred account and found that they've discontinued those. I haven't used my account since 2008 or so. Am I fucked? Any idea for financing a new machine?

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdwallet.com/
ebay.com/itm/Dell-OptiPlex-780-PC-Desktop-Customized-/231962960994?hash=item360211e462:g:vrQAAOSwY0lXTamK
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Has anyone here used xidax?

Its a site offering cheap financing and allows builds of decent stuff. Just found it looks legit

Make an amazon account, apply for free prime membership, go to amazon credit card link under account options, to the left select Amazon Store Card, fill out the information and apply. It's an amazon credit card that can only be used on amazon so it is rarely ever declined. The usually give you a $600-$1000 limit pending your yearly income. Be sure to get it paid off before 6 months because the annual interest is around 24% with a $35 late payment fee.

Dell? Hah

What do you do? Camwhore?

I should clarify, I only said to apply for the fre prime membership since youll get free shipping and your shit faster. Cancel it after your order unless you wanna reup it after the first minth for $99/year which can actually be put on said amazon store card lol.

Try....

getting...
a...
job.

get a raspberry pi?

if you're seriously trying to buy a computer with credit you are a disgusting degenerate.

I have a few clients developing Web sites. I used to make bank w a full time developer position but money's tight right now also jobs in generalm

Fuck it just go /out/

Sometimes id like to throw my tech in the trash and just go live in a cave in the forest somewhere.

>Sup Forums
no comment

>what do
first of all don't buy a new pc with credit you fucking moron
second don't buy a pc at all.
If you're a regular at Sup Forums you're mentally ill and need to spend some time in the real world.

>Sup Forums
>everyone in the thread missed this

Do you think a credit score of 520 could get it? Thank you so much for the info user its greatly, greatly appreciated.

Does having prime already on my account matter or help or anything? Trying this now! Will post results in case anyone wants to know if this will work with a shitty credit score.

You have no idea user.

Ive been applying the past 4 months and have landed only ONE interview. No one is hiring in my area. The one place I got an int at was 40 miles away. My field is not in demand in my shitty area and youd think it would be anywhere.

How sure are you the PC died and didnt just lose its operating system?

Well, it's not just for gaming you judgemental piece of shit. I use my computer for work as well. I haven't always been a poorfags just this past year or so. My livelihood actuslly revolves around me having a computer. Not everyone works at Dennys like you.

Let me know user I'm interested as well

I have been a lot these past few months. The reality remains however, I do need a machine to work/play on

It probably prefers accounts with purchase history, but prime shouldnt affect it. It didnt with mine anyway. I had the same situation, tight on money but needed a new computer and I didnt want to wait a month or so. Get the card, buy the stuff, pay it off in a couple months and youll be golden.

It was a typo my dude

Irl I'd actually be more accepted by the Sup Forums community than Sup Forums. I'm a functioning, contributing member of society and have fallen upon troubled times financially.

This is why I started the thread here instead of Sup Forums you guys have always been helpful throughout the years. Shit, when I built my first pc back in 2007 when I started going on 4chin you all were extremely helpful then too..

Was hoping for some constructive replies on financing a new machine

Because I have a masters degree in compsci. My mobo finally died after 9 years

>calls me judgmental
>insults my life choice to serve luxurious grand slam breakfasts on the graveyard shit
you can just fuck right off you filthy hypocrite.

Get a raspberry pi for like $35 the newest model its a perfectly capable computer

>masters degree in comp sci
>cant find a job

How bad did you fuck up?

Also if anyone could help me troubleshoot this maybe?

Ive narrowed it down a bit. It's not the psu. It's not the front case power button. Whenever I try to short the power on pins as well as turn on comp outside the case, nothing happens. No fans spin, nothing. The mobo green LED is on though when I connect it to electricity. I think it's just a shot mobo. It's an old asus m2n-sli deluxe. Like I said rly old kek. She's given me years of gaming joy though and throughout years of work stuff. She was good to me. RIP my baby amd 6000+

nerdwallet.com/

Go here.

What you need is a secured credit card, which is a glorified prepaid card. Load it with money. Don't abuse it. Watch your credit score increase.

I purchase weekly. Literally every week for the past 10 months or so without a break.

Hoping this amazon card works fuckkkk. You will be the most based user forever if this works, for giving me the idea

Kekd hard

Hmm what's a pi? Tablet?

Well, pretty bad. I've been to jail in the past two years. Although it was only for a misdemeanor idk if these places are seeing that and denying me before I even interview or what. I fucked up by burning bridges at the place I was working out of college as lead developer. can't use as reference now there seems to be a huge gap in employment and any place that pays actually well, wants that shit. Im fucked and also didn't have great college transcripts.

On top of that I crashed my car and was carless for 9 months. I'm only now getting back on my feet.

Of course when things start to look up, the only reliable thing in my life I've had the past 10 years was my rig. She stayed with me through a fiancée and two other relationships. Now she's dead.

Im considering heroing if I can't find financing for a new one now srsly

Thank you for this user. Appreciated will look into

I have a motherboard just like that one, that I only used for a few months and now is collecting dust, it's yours if you want it and can figure out a way to collect it without breaking anonymity.

Holy shit are you srs? I would even send you the old one to prove I'm not bullshitting. Can you email or Skype msg? [email protected] user you're fcking amazing if this could happen and would rly be helping a fellow user out. You have nooo idea

Please email? I'll get on Skype too wishkah353 is skype

Here she is. Was trying to troubleshoot the other day.

Just get a used chinkpad until you get enough money later to build another. i3 chinkpads go for under $100 on ebay.

Get a job, save up ~500 and build a new PC.

No user's you'll be declined.

Hey, I just pulled it out of the storage box and realized it is an Elite Group Nvidia nforce 520le and it may actually be broken, I always assumed the CPU died but now after seeing it is an Elite Group it might have been the mobo that died, if you want it and the CPU it's yours.

Dumpsterdive at recycling centres and behind big box electronics stores.

I work at a big box electronics store, and I find decent stuff there all the time. Seen a few somewhat recent LGA115x and AM3 systems. Lots of LGA775 systems and some LGA1366 servers too.

People on your local craigslist or similar sites might be giving away old (but still very usable) computers too.

I would love to give it a new home. If you can get in touch through that email above I'd be forever in your debt user!

Will put it to good use can promise that. Not even kidding you could be the turning point in turning someone's life around. Good use for an old mobo/cpu?

Which big box stores do you recommend?

they don't give a shit about your pay history, it's a credit card company that identify's itself under Amazon and only gives a fuck about you missing your payments, collections, and interest and only give you more bonuses and accurate payments to increase your credit limit under the presumption that you will fuck up one day and they'll suck you dry.

Sorry anons, just people who want your money, nothing more.

You seem to know about credit cards etc.

Any ideas on where I can find financing for a 1000.00 limit with this piece of shit score and history? It's so bad

If you have any ddr3, I have another elite group mobo still new in the box and a e5300 that may offer a better chance of working.

it's a little PC the size of a credit card. new model has a good CPU (plays minecraft at 40+ fps), runs linux, 4x USB ports for mouse,keyboard,etc, integrated wi-fi chip, PLug into your TV or monitor

Unfortunately I only have the ddr2 I could spare 2gigs of for ya. This asus m2n sli only supported up to that. I also have my second 250g sata hdd I could send you for trade I was using on this rig also an old psu

No, I wasn't asking for ddr3, I was think the intel mobo took that, but after just checking I realized the reason I never used it was that it could only support 4gb ddr2, would you rather have that and a e5300 instead the amd mobo that may or may not work?

>it is a
gf705ovt-m
nvidia mcp73v

I cannot even fathom being too poor to afford a new PC at a moment's notice.

>amd 6000+

Just get a chinese windows tablet or compute stick for >$100 and keep doing whatever you did before.

Well these are the things I have to work with

- amd x2 600+ cpu
- (broken) asus m2n sli mb
- 4gb ddr2 memory
- an old Nvidia 740
- a case

Really anything you could spare to get this machine working again I would love. I don't have any Intel chips except a rly rly 15+ yr old single core from another broken pc at my parents house. So the amd mobo would be great user.

I think I read that right? You have an Intel and amd board you weren't using? I could out to use the amd compatable one.
- a psu

Also if you wanted to add me on Skype right now that would be awesome. wishkah353 is username or if not just the email above these posts I added could give you relevant info.

if you are in the US. Apply to a school and sign up for financial aid. Financial aid does not look at your credit btw. But you can just sign up for financial aid and not go to school if you want since it doesn't seem like you don't give a fuk. At least you could just sign up for liberal arts and continue milking financial aid. They will keep giving you loans as long as your gpa is up above 2.0. You could also sign up for random shit in school that gives you grant money too and steal books off kids and sell them in the library.

Ive used all my tap and Pell up already for actual school. I do have one more year left of graduate fun aid I never used because I didn't need it. I wonder if I could use that?

Hmm this may actually be a rly good idea. I mean I still have all my account stuff setup through my old college. I already have a degree. Think they'd let me enroll still 8 years later saying I'm trying to get a better transcript for my masters so trying to take a final semester to up GPA?

Also, what's if you already owe student loans? Not through the school just the one subsidized loan thru govt?

If you can send the amd compatible motherboard that'd be perfect and whatever else ya got you were going to send. Would put it to good use. Please send me an [email protected] email user!!,

I'll send you a prepaid shipping box I can actually afford that much kek pic related as I realize this is about all I can afford in life atm

I sent you an email

Go raid a school / hospital / business dumpster in search of an old dell tower. Those optiplexs last forever.

That's literally your cheapest option for basic PC operation. If you're lucky enough to find one with a C2D or C2Q you might be able to put in your old GPU and play CSGO or less demanding.

Start applying in places you haven't before.

That includes your local burger joint, any job is better than no job

You can buy an complete PC for very cheap, if you are willing to get second hand from ebay:

ebay.com/itm/Dell-OptiPlex-780-PC-Desktop-Customized-/231962960994?hash=item360211e462:g:vrQAAOSwY0lXTamK

Or am I mistaken?

Send me your CV/resume, and I can critique it for you.

What town you in bro?

so to clarify: you have no form of income and are seeking a loan. did you remember that loans need to be repaid or did you think that they're just a way of getting free money?
>get a job
>save money
>buy computer
it's not that hard.

An alarmingly large number of people from the current generation does not seem to have the ability to think/plan further than the next meal.

Why dont you just buy a new computer pc?

That's because most are contemplating committing suicide the week/month.

Just ask your friends/family if they know of any short-term work opportunities.

When my PC started shitting itself, I was able to raise around $1,000 dollars in a couple of weeks doing odd jobs for random people or side projects that businesses farm out. It's not steady income, but it helps a lot in dry employment patches.

Maybe they check your credit rating and decide you're untrustworthy

>I was able to raise around $1,000 dollars in a couple of weeks doing odd jobs for random people or side projects that businesses farm out
I hear that the service/agriculture industries are always hiring in the USA. Is it true?

Move to a better place like Austin, Seattle or the Valley

>poorfag
>begging for credit to buy shit he can't afford
You can't make this shit up

Well I mean I could afford a cheap 200.00 pc but I do need some speed. I can barely open eclipse with all the plug-ins and update sites and refresh quickly while debugging etc unless it has at least somewhat decent specs.

This is why I rly need financing on something halfway decent. I also do a lot of graphic design work for clients requiring ps whichyou know is a memory hog and literally won't open for about an hr if you have shit specs. Anyone try opening the new illustrator or work with flash on an older pc?

Been considering getting something in retail soon if I don't luck out w something in my field

What's email?

Upstate ny

people by shit that they can't afford to impress people they don't care about

I do have some income. Just not enough to budget rent and build a new PC. And I can't just buy the cheapest thing on the market. I need something that can at least run wamp, illustrator, ps, Eclipse, and some other stuff simultaneously. Not for gaming but would be nice to be able to do that in my free time.

Ffs /thread good call didn't think to try. Doing now ty user.

Just because unemployment numbers are down doesn't mean less people aren't still uneasy about hiring. From when I graduated until the recession, I would at least see a bunch of new posts looking for stuff in my field/area regularly. I'm lucky to find one per month. Then there's competition. Then there's actually doing well in an interview. Then being qualified. Not in thy at order but jus sayin

>How poor people stay poor forever

Vote Bernie lmao. He'll give you a new computer and a 4k tv to boot.

Ty for tip anons will see if I can't find any more odd jobs.

Supreme lmao senpai

Could be. The ironic vicious circle is that I need a job to raise my credit score and was surviving on credit for a while we I initially lost my job a while back

Life is fucked bro

>implying I'm trying to buy a new rig for recreational purposes and not to make money
Would you finance something you needed for work? Like you wouldn't be able to work without that desu ing?

>go outside and suck a dick

Also my credit was above 675 a year or two ago I think 690. Past two years and the year I lost my job, it's fallen to 520 because I can't keep up w my payments. I was doing fine for about 5 years straight out of college.

Get an used ThinkPad and install Debian

Yeah just make fun of the poorfag. Go ahead.

No, it's good

I use a T420 that I got for $300

I like how the seller adds "customized" in an attempt to make that look more appealing.

[email protected]

What is wrong with getting a cheap PC?

I was saying the Debian part. I thought the meme was gentoo

Gentoo works too

Just avoid Windows bloat

I do need something with decent speed to run the memory hog programs I'd be using it for or I might as well use my laptop. I'm rly trying to build a decent one for work/gaming not just gaming but 300.00 pcs can't even run photoshop without insane lag. I need something to run that eclipse, illustrator, flash, multiple browsers as I'm a developer.

Thanks for the email I'll send it to you tm morning if you'll remember and rly appreciate the help. I want to just revise it to take out some personal info and I'm passing out right now its 3am. Check email tomorrow if you'd really help me out. Thanks again.

Thank you all who posted constructive things! OP out.

Would you recommend a gtx 960 or 970 on a budget? Is there rly that much of a difference? Meaning would that extra bit of money make big enough difference?

>Any idea for financing a new machine?
>I can't keep up w my payments

you're a fucking idiot

>financing computers
>not outright buying them
You americans are fucking insane with your love for debt

>I use my computer for work as well
What work? Apparently it doesn't bring in any cash you fucking retard