Sound card thread!

Sound card thread!

What sound cards are good?

Currentlly have a Xonar DX. Thing FUCKING SUCKS.

>Blasts static at 100% volume for no goddamn reason.
>Right channel randomly goes out requiring restart.
>Issues occur on official, and community drivers.

Just absolutely fucking sick of it, but don't want to buy another card and run into the same issue.

Other urls found in this thread:

maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

all the cool kids use dacs these days

>chink brand
>chink quality
no surprise

>USB AUDIO

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Aureal Vortex with A3D 2.0

a DAC has way less issues with interference as it isn't packed on top of your other components

xonar dg. is ok

>sound card
>2016

Are you niggas for real?

No drivers for Windows 8.1/10

maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

I use a Creative VX 5.1 since I broke my onboard soundcard while installing the GPU.
Suprisingly little-to-no static, I use headphones for everything and the weird whines on Realtek's on-boards drove me insane.

Don't know what the driver support is like though.

Is this a joke thread? Sound cards are 98% useless in modern computers.

these issues are exclusive to you

I'm using the built in sound on my usb mic.
It has an okish amp so it doubles as a dac I suppose.

Needless to say both my mic and headphones are chinese deluxe~.

I have a xonar dx too OP, but the only issue I'm encountering with it is the right channel one that happens like 3-4 times a year.

The real problem with it is that it is literally USELESS, I can't notice any difference compared to onboard audio because anything over 90dB SNR is already perfect, unless you have autism and crank the volume up to 100% while listening to nothing, to see if you can hear background noise with IEMs.

The only reason why I still use it is because I have an ATX motherboard with a free pcie 1x slot on top of the GPU so it doesn't disturb airflow, and I can illude myself that I'm enjoying a better audio experience.

Tl:dr DACs are a meme nowadays, if you use headphones the only thing worth getting is a low output impedance amp to drive them properly

>He doesn't plug his high end DAC into a soundcard

>soundcard
Holy shit you retards

This. People still think soundcards make a difference.

If your onboard works fine (no noises, etc.), stick with it.

Your card is probably broken. I've had a Xonar DX for ~7-8 years now and it's still working flawlessly, I never had issues like that.

How the fuck can you even assume that your obviously malfunctioning sound card is actually working correctly?

FiiO E10k. Happy with it, though at some point audio would cut out every 14 or so seconds, gave me a chance to see how much better it sounds than integrated audio. All I had to do was plug it into a different USB slot.

best headphone thing ever

Modded Audigy 2 ZS, replaced caps and opamps and custom backplate and shield.

Anything over the average user and a onboard sound chip won't do anymore.

Noise ratio is the smallest thing to worry about, think about treble and bass reproduction, unless you're using some shitty computer sound system it won't do.