Been waiting to sell my 980 sli

>Been waiting to sell my 980 sli
>Planning to sell it for 250-300 each gpu
>rx 480 gets announced
>it literally fucks up the entire used gpu market

I hate you amd and your fucking shills

I feel you.

Feels good knowing all these ebay and craigslist jews are getting BTFO.

>have 980 OC'd to the max
>it dies
>get refund
>decide fuck Novidya and buy Fury X
>it's slower than my 980
>can barely OC 50MHz
>get shit FPS in all games now

What the fuck AMD? I'm already thinking of returning this crap and just getting a 1080 now. I wanted to give you a chance but this shit card is WORSE than my old ass 980.

Runs cool and quiet at least unlike nvidiot.

People actually buy used computer stuff? Poorfag as fuck

POO

thumbnail makes pic to be vaguely arabic script

too bad you aren't in germany. people here will give you absurd amounts of money for used shit, even if they can get something new + better for the same or less.

Yeah I checked sexondhand prices for graphics cards lately and most of them are quite expensive.

GTXs 970s going for 250€ while you can buy them new for 270€. Who buys that?

In OpenGL performance, GTX980 beats the living shit out of any Fiji card, but definitely not in DX8/9/10 performance. Or at least it doesnt with my samples of Nano and Sapphire Fury Nitro.

>OC'd
Damn....disregard.

Smart people do it. Brainless consumer idiots like you probably not.

Enjoy your lice and pubes, poorkek

I don't like secondhand stuff, somebody's greasy fingers have been on it. I'm not poor, so that helps

>What's Zyklon B?

I've got an old i7 920. I could throw a x5650 xeon in for 60 bucks, get better temps and I'm pretty sure I could OC it to 4.0, with my hyper 212.

The 5650 would give me a little bit of an IPC boost, would that be competitive or better than your average i5 2500k build that people seem to be just getting along fine with nowadays?

Upgrading my rig properly would be a huge fucking cost. I'm allready gonna get the rx480 or 490

5650 is a solid cpu. Would recommend.

Everyone selling their used cards will just be in denial for a while and refuse to lower their prices for a while. It'll take months for these greedy fucks to get the picture. People will be selling their GTX 970s and R9 290s for $200, thinking it's anything but a shit deal to buy a used card for that much.

There's also the possibility that AMD releases an even cheaper card that meets the VR Spec. A 32 CU Polaris card should still be able to do that.

In reality a 970/290/390 will be worth $120 soon.

Just as a friendly service announcement, just about every major AMD has been about over-promising, under-performing.....
>Bulldozer and Steamroller, with single-core performance
>Both the 2xx and the 3xx series, in regards to energy-use, heat and peformance
>Fury and Nano, with overall performance

4xx series is going to be no different--AMD absolutely sucks with software support, so unless they can have regular driver releases with a couple of companies in their back-pockets, any gains in energy efficiency is going to be negated by sheer lack of optimization.

It may seem like I'm ranting, but I've been burnt by AMD products so much that I've lost all feeling to care for that company

>x5650 xeon in for 60 bucks, get better temps and I'm pretty sure I could OC it to 4.0, with my hyper 212.
Nope, not with decent temps anyway.

Smart people buy used stuff but only things that aren't much prone to die or never die like CPUs, RAM, air coolers, fans, cases etc. On the other side buying high end GPUs older than 6 months is utterly retarded because they have been probably overclocked, used for mining and are much more prone to failure because in a single component we have a lot of shit that could fail.

Buying a gpu is like buying a cpu+ram+mobo configuration, with the difference that if one of this shit fails you can trash the entire "configuration"

Wait for benchmarks~
Wait for Zen~
Wait for Vega~
Wait for Navi~
Wait for Zen+~

Can the IPC keep up in modern games / emulation?

I'm sure there's something wrong with my ram timings and speed, I only know how to balance cpu voltage and voltage

Its gotta be better than what I've got going right now.

This isn't at idle though

>never die like CPUs
You can kiss goodbye to that with smaller than 32nm dies.

Are there actually people dumb enough to buy a used GPU?

>IPC
Its not Sandy.

>Its gotta be better than what I've got going right now.
Probably not, my two 5650's run pretty hot, with fairly high voltages even at 3.5GHz.

Butthurt paid nvidiot detected

Dude since Crimson AMD has been cranking out drivers left and right
And while installing them in the past has been difficult, now I just boot in safe mode and install the new drivers, not a single issue
They've stepped their software game up for sure

>Dude since Crimson AMD has been cranking out drivers left and right
No they havent. And you are just as delusional thinking that their winny drivers have been shit. They are usually haphazard with the latest arch, but older cards work just fine. But, some features seems to broke forever, like forcing v-sync, which seems to newer work.

>wait wait wait!

Nah, CPU deaths nowadays are often caused by gayymuurz overclocked RAM running at high voltages. And they usually fail within the first 2 years

No point in upgrading now if you already have a 980 sli. This year has been pretty bleak for gaming. Upgrade next year. Problem solved.

Selling my 780ti for $230 while i still can and picking up a rx 480 and getting Vega when it comes out. Don't be mad just because Nvidia just got BTFO'd.

Good work brothers. We did it!

Might be better off getting a better cooler and some good thermal paste.
920 will be fine for another couple years.

Sorry, but no. Its transistor decay, which is accelerated with dies smaller than 32nm. 28 and 22nm chips will die in less than decade, no matter what you do. Of course, the mass 'exodus' of those chips is not here yet, but lets see in six or so years.

>Nvidia just got BTFO'd.

>OC'd
>dies
Not unexpected

The Fury X will last you longer since it scales much better than nvidia when it comes to screen resolution. You're on 1080 aren't you? You won't need to change your gpu immediately when you go to 1440 or even 4k giving you enough breathing space to comfortably find some disposable income down the road.

Is it that bad though? Give some example.

I'm in a similar situation with a 930. Looking forward to sticking an X5650/60/70 in there, but be aware of temps as advised by I accidentally went overboard on my case/cooling options initially, but it looks like it'll work out when the Xeon rolls into town.

And ultimately, I'm looking forward to either a nice Polaris or Pascal card that matches it.

2xx and 3xx series performed just fine against 9xx cards, you're retarded

>linux benchmarks

You'll only get opengl performance with the fire pro cards :(

>Heaven
>valid

>DX8
Wew there lad, sure is nice to live in 1999, that's where AMD still is by the looks of it.

How can you even show your anus after whatever happened yesterday?

No, Fury X beats 980 Ti fair unless you use it for CUDA.

I got a reference 290X used for $150. Did I do good?

There's like 2-3 new releases every month, how can you deny it if you can just google and see for yourself.

For example new Doom drivers came out days after Doom, working great.

Yeah, because i didnt list other DirectX versions. Believe or not, there is still dx8 games that max latest gpu's when running at 2560x1600 or higher resolutions.

False

>There's like 2-3 new releases every month
And this isnt no different to what it was in the past. The implication here was that the driver quality have changed somehow: it isnt.
Ati and AMD have had significantly worse opengl performance compared to Nvidya (or 3dfx) always, this is a fact, and the performance difference is even wider today (with prop blobs on linux, its a massive).
Nvidia get stable drivers for new cards out much faster than AMD, a fact. When Amidya gets to that stable phase, they 9/10 stay stable with those cards, but again, new arch are unstable for much longer than on the green side.

pls call suicide watch

>Wew there lad, sure is nice to live in 1999, that's where AMD still is by the looks of it.
In time to kick the netburst into oblivion you mean?

Bullshit

GO AMD GO

i have a fury x and former nvidiot here, no issues in the brand swap

Thx for your anecdote senpai, I was a #amdforher but now I'm a #nvidiamissile

Nope, Morrowind MGE does not count, it's updated to DX9.

You can still sell your things, nobody serious buys AMD.

this is the first time the "POO" meme has been used correctly.

>Fury and Nano, with overall performance
My £350 Fury does 1440p @60fps freesynced Ultra Witcher 3 beautifully. Short of 4K, I'm not really sure what else you'd want.

What's the pump sound like? I heard they squealed at idle which would wind me up while programming.

Two shekels have been deposited in your account, goy.

I mean, by sheer power the fury x destroys everything maxwell

But now it is:
>Muh gameworks
>Muh no async benchmarks cuz its unfair
>Muh 1080p with cards that are for 4k/1440p
>Muh non-memory dependent benchmarks cuz HBM is unfait
>Muh 3.5 is enough
>Muh 3.5 is fixed not because they added the absent .5, but because they removed the bottlenecking .5

The 960 and the 980 are the only cards that dont suffer from nvidia's memes and bullshit.

Amd keeps its value after new gens, nvidia doesnt, thats very well known

You see titan z's going for cheap shit now but 295x2's are still a bit expensive, the lowest they reached was 500 bucks and it was on a promotion

>Le pre recordes benchmarks
>Le dx 11 performance fiasco
>Le 1.7 Porkshoulderswoodscrewstereoscopic3dhousefire
>Thermi
>Le thermi fix that ran just as hot but had a voltage regulator
>Le Krippler driver gimp
>Le Krippler driver gimp rebrand
>Le no hardware Async gaming oriented architecture thats being gimped too 3.5 keppler 2.0
>Le maxwell 2.0/Keppler 3.0

Intel keeps it safe, no important upgrades every year

Amd:
>Le housefire XDDDD
>Le drivers XDDDD

I will wait for pascal memes

Arab is vague :^)

>Was going to sell this system for about $500 when I moved to Austin
>I'd probably be lucky to get $300 or to even find a buyer at this point.

I know that feel.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

i dont think thoes cards are suppost to sag like that.

They're not, but it's MSI's fault not mine. People with that card complain about it and MSI has denied there's a sagging issue. There's also no backplate available.

I've heard there's a DYI solution involving fishing wire, I'm probably going to try it soon.

Have you considered not buying MSI MUHREENS MILSTDXDKEK9 #FORTHEGAYMERS trash?

If you're good you can sell those 980's as 980 Ti's.

I recently sold a 390 as a 390X and two 270's as 270X's. Literally posted on some sites asking for a box for my "little brothers card to RMA it" and got other peoples boxes like that for free. Made a pretty little penny. Then sold my old boxes for $15 a pop. Try to stick to just facebook buy/swap/sell sites though it's full of morons. I've been getting Corsair PSU stickers printed out and spray painting cheap power supplies and throwing corsair stickers on them and shrink wrapping the cables. Shit sells like hot cakes. $20 for the unit (520w) and I sell it as a corsair 650W CX for $45. Making just over double profit, adding in spray paint, sticker and shrink wrap costs I am able to do 10 units and still make double profit. I've thought about getting into VGA BIOS editing and turn old shitters that can be picked up cheap but still look okay into "new cards" like the GTX 560 can be had for a mere $70 and resold as a GTX 960 for a pretty $150 easily.

That's just being a cunt.

you're a lyin ass bitch

you can still sell it for that, to clueless mugs

you're a fuckin cunt m8, can't say the mugs don't deserve it for being clueless, but you're a cunt

Don't fucking call me names

>I've been getting Corsair PSU stickers printed out and spray painting cheap power supplies and throwing corsair stickers on them and shrink wrapping the cables.

That's literally fraud, you know you can get serious jail time if even one of them reports you right? Shit all he has to do is pull at the sticker a little and you're going away. It's not like you sold it to him anonymously and without proof of sale.

You disgusting piece of shit. Hope you burn in hell faggot. You're the cancer of society.

Are you actually retarded? Even if it's a joke, it's still not funny.

What a piece of shit.

>Buying used graphics cards
>Buying used power supplies
>Buying CX series
Normalfags and gaymer children on suicide watch.

I just want to run everything Max in 1080

the used gpu market shouldn't exist anyways

Well that's your own fault for waiting until the release of new cards to sell your current ones.