/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>LeEco Le Max 2 6GB RAM variant goes up for pre-order
gsmarena.com/leeco_le_max_2_6gb_ram_variant_is_now_available_for_purchase-news-18628.php

>New Galaxy Note 6/7 render reveals device's dimensions, dual-edge screen
gsmarena.com/galaxy_note_6_7_to_come_with_dualedge_screen_new_render_reveals-news-18625.php

>Huawei plans to launch a new Honor smartphone in Europe on June 20
gsmarena.com/huawei_plans_to_launch_a_new_honor_smartphone_in_europe_on_june_20-news-18620.php

>Huawei is making another Nexus this year, exec says
gsmarena.com/huawei_is_making_another_nexus_this_year_exec_says-news-18616.php

>Samsung Galaxy Note 6/7 tipped to launch in August first week
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_6_7_tipped_to_launch_in_august_first_week-news-18594.php

>Lumigon T3 is the first phone with a night vision camera
gsmarena.com/lumigon_t3_is_the_first_phone_with_a_night_vision_camera-news-18612.php

>Samsung Galaxy Note 6 recreated based on leaked blueprints
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_6_recreated_based_on_leaked_blueprints-news-18610.php

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/hold-your-horses-huawei-nexus-rumors-may-have-been-misinterpreted/
forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-microg-gmscore-floss-play-services-t3217616
willmyphonework.net/
aliexpress.com/store/product/FREE-shipping-Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-prime-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB/900031_32597648722.html
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_308825.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-32GB-ROM-Metal-Body-Fingerprint-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650/311331_32598227866.html
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_(2016)-7870.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for S7

Second for oneplus one

what is the least jewish phone on the market

Japanese phones.
Jews fear the Samurai.

Does signal affect standby battery that much? Draining like 1% an hour on my S7, half that with AOD off, and I'm always at like 3 bars.

Huawei probably didn't actually confirm a new nexus
xda-developers.com/hold-your-horses-huawei-nexus-rumors-may-have-been-misinterpreted/

Yes but only if your signal is really bad, like 0-1 bars constantly.

Yes there run some Google services only while having a connection.

Yes, if your phone constantly keeps looking for signal it drains the battery quite fast.

wait, huawei is making 6p again?!?!

awesome

It was either the 5x or the G4, stock android sold me though

Cancel it and get one sold/dispatched by Amazon. Their 30 days no questions return policy is worth it.

This honestly
2gb ram sd 808 the g4 at leadt has 3gb with a bigger battery that can be replaced with zerolemon or less bulky/heavy extended batteries and a option to plug in more storage.

This would be great news.

I need more phones in rose meme gold!

This meme must end asap

Its covered with the same 30 day return

a replaceable larger battery is nice, but again, I prefer stock android given the choice. The other specs and SD card slot mean nothing to me.I don't care about

Just got the Verizon S5 6.0.1 Marshmallow update. Any custom roms y'all would recommend? Haven't used one in years.

If you go through a seller it's not as easy as if amazon themselves shipped it out. You normally have to pay the return postage and wait for the seller to check it and authorise the refund. Amazon just refund you instantly and send you a postage label so you can return it anytime in the next 30 days. Really useful when you just want to try out a few phones and not worry about being without a device for a few days.

What is the benefit of having an Xperia? From what I've seen they're just overpriced.

They've been shit since the Z3.

Stock android is a meme now. It gives you no benefits except faster updates. Most oems bloat got far reduced and the g4 has official cm builds.

What's my best bet for a no-cloud phone?

No I don't want to sync my contacts.
No I don't want to always be able to find my phone via GPS.
No I don't need your online backup service, my good old HDD holds up fine.
No I don't want to receive my notifications on my PC.

Google's Accounts service irks me as well.

Most likely a custom ROM for some droid, what's out there? Maybe there's a wholly differebt alternative?

The new Xperia X series seems seriously bad for the prices. What are they playing at?

Any AOSP based rom as long as you don't flash gapps.

G4 also has bootloop lottery.

Not anymore as far as I know.

Hi Sup Forums.
I need some advice/have some questions about the Xiaomi mi5 and/or Xiaomi phones in general.

I'm buying a new phone for my birthday.

If there are any Xiaomi owners here, how long do they last? Since there is no warranty (from what i've read) I need it to last for a while.

What the fuck do i do if it breaks?

Can you replace the glass on it or do i need to send it all the way to India?

Is anything replaceable at all?

ty

Depends:

Pre-ordering One plus 3 6gb version

I've never had problems ordering things online so It doesn't bother me, if anything does happen it will be a surprise to me.

>hurr durr x is a meme now use cm

No, I want a phone that will satisfy my simple needs at a reasonable price, I don't want to fuck around with chinkshit or third party roms

Good goy

>how long do they last?
Just like any other phone. 3-4 years if taken good care of.

>What the fuck do i do if it breaks?
Take it to a repair shop or send it back if you have warranty.

>Can you replace the glass on it or do i need to send it all the way to India?
Yes, and it's China, not India.

>Is anything replaceable at all?
Yes.

That being said, don't get the Mi5. it's too fragile and not cost effective. RN3P is the best bang for the buck if your'e going Xiaomi.

Thought on the Zuk Z2?

what phone does trump use? i want to be like the absolute madman

I actually have experience with this and it was very painful. Although yes, I was fully left to my own devices (heh), I couldn't use any apps that would let me communicate with friends or colleagues. Running them in sandbox would be still great, but many APKs depends on what I assume are GAPPS libraries or some shit

He uses a phone made in China whether he likes it or not.

xiaomi

Thank you, user.
I will go for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.

forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-microg-gmscore-floss-play-services-t3217616

samsung galaxy if u use google search

Make sure to check willmyphonework.net/ first, it lacks some US bands.

That sounds awesome. Hope they get out of Alpha soon

Go for Redmi Note 3 PRO btw, just saying.

Gook flagships are made in Korea afaik

What's the sexiest relevant phone these days? Pic not related

the iphone of course

That phone is $369 after a gift card, should I? Was originally going to get moto x pure or wait to see this month's releases, but now...

Z5

HTC 10

Will do.

Also, I'm planning on buying it from gearbest.com with expedited shipping. Any thoughts on that?

Checked on willmyphonework, pic related.

IS 4G just a no-no or?

Im fine with 3G desu.

No leads on decent VZ 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom roms for S5? This bloat is killing my batto.

Make sure you get the global version and you're safe.

Go to xda and have a look yourself.

Who makes the best Samurai phones?

It is much cheaper on Ali.

$186
aliexpress.com/store/product/FREE-shipping-Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-prime-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB/900031_32597648722.html

$215
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_308825.html

But seriously Nexus 6p for $369 after gift card:

Yes or no, what say you?

Im thinking of rooting my g4 to get around my carriers wifi hotspot subscription. Is there a significant chance theyll catch me? And is it difficult to root? Ive never done it before.

Yay. It's not really old and for $370 there's absolutely nothing close to it.

No expendable storage, non-removable battery,
bland design, expect black borders around the screen (or buy the black one),
screen is only 5" which might put some people off.

But other than that, really good, especially if it's cheap to get oversea.

Thanks. I'll check that out aswell, that 15-45 days shipping hurts a bit tho.

I just want a 4" phone. Why do I have to settle for Apple

unless you're trump you should be able to handle a 5" screen just fine with one hand. why do you need a 4"?

Because you're a living, breathing meme.

It'll work, just some places where the unsupported band is the -only- band available you'll drop back down to HSPDA+ or whatever which is still like 20mbit/s.

You won't notice anything other than you have an awesome phone that was only about $200. I've had mine for a couple months now and it's great.

Only things the RN3P really skimps on are the rear camera and rear speaker. Rear speaker sounds like shit and isn't really loud coming from my HTC One M7, but viper4android actually makes it louder and sound pretty nice. Front camera actually seems to do really good... makes me look much prettier than I am.

It would take just as much time with Gearbest. in fact, might be longer, since they are known to mark items in stock when they're not, and then your order status is stuck on "processing" for weeks until they actually get the item restocked.

visit /csg/ if you don't believe me.

Since Ali is just collection of shops, you'd rather go with HK Goldway - good verified seller, and it's still cheaper than GB.

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-32GB-ROM-Metal-Body-Fingerprint-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650/311331_32598227866.html

if you order express shipping through DHL You'll probably get charged import fees depending on your country. I got jew'd out of $30 by DHL for shipping my RN3P fast, if I waited 1 month or so I would have saved $30.

I can manage 5", but 4" is much more comfortable. Insert penis.
I don't need a big screen on my phone in the first place. I only need to quickly reach any part of my screen. Which is super easy on a smaller phone, but I have to change my grip to pull down the notifications bar on a Z3C

My mom needs a better, newer phone. Shes on a nexus 4 now. Any suggestions?

Grow bigger hands.

Thanks everyone. I'll order it off suggestion.

Thanks again.

inb4 defective phone

The Jews

>literally no good android phone
seems like iphone is the logical conclusion

Assuming they are the same price, which phone would you buy: moto x style/play or Nexus 6p?

For $369 there's no reason not to get it. Definitely better than the x pure.

What do you guys think about the ZTE Axon (The older one and not the Pro)? It's 200 bucks for the 32 gig version.

>5.5" 1080p display
>Snapdragon 8xx (can't remember which)
>3000mAh
>decent camera
>metal

should i buy or wait for moto g4?

>inb4 poorfag

Nexus 6P.
Better Battery, CPU, OLED Display, RAM speed and Nexus bonus.

Nevertheless the Moto X is pretty good, has the better rear-camera, and if you like IPS better, it should do just as well.

My only grievance is that the 6p doesn't have an sd card slot, but all the other advantages it has combined with he lowered price... probably gonna get the 6p, maybe I'll just suck it up and pay the extra $50 for the 64gb version, which would cost $420 I think?

same question

When do you think smartphone will be able to record at 4k 60fps without burning like lava

doesn't it cost $420 for the 32gb?

Best phone games I can get into for a few hours? I'm going on a road trip and sitting there for 15 hours doesn't seem appealing

bh photo is throwing in a $50 gift card in addition to the newly lowered prices for the 6p

Forgot to quote you, my bad m8

will the new zenfone 3 be worth it? the deluxe looks nice.

3000mAh non-removable battery on a 5,7" screen, hmm... price?

supposedly 499 for the 64gb/4gb model.

I keep most stuff in the cloud and use an ipod for music, thats why I wouldnt mind the missing sd slot.
If nothing else you can also go by the look, 6Ps pretty unconventional, but i like it.

Phone games are all pretty shit once you get older than 12 years old.
Download some books and read those instead. I just went on a 12 hour road trip to Chicago and I just read the entire time.

Another 2 years probably

Get the 6p. I have the Moto X Pure and although the Moto features are honestly great, Motorola has gone to shit after being sold to Lenovo. The 6p also has better hardware and a finger print sensor.
If they're the same price then there is no reason to get the Moto X. I only got my Pure over the 6P because it was like $200 cheaper.

got a 32bg nexus 6p off ebay for $410 about two days ago, it'll get here on tuesday

i got a rhinoshield crash guard bumper case for it

also got some chargers and type c cables (car charger, home charger, work charger)

i've only ever used a galaxy s3 and a droid x, this will be my first big phone

i'm going to be sticking one of these UnGrip things to the back of the phone so its much easier to use one handed

how bad did i fuck up? in general?

>I only got my Pure over the 6P because it was like $200 cheaper.
that is the thing, the 6p is expensive and holds its value super well on the used market, the pure tanked in value for a reason

Can't comment on the rhinoshield since I'm not familiar with that brand.
Other than that everything you did sounds fine. The 6p is a great phone and there's nothing wrong with getting extra cables/chargers.

Pure tanked in resale value because of price drops for the Nexus and the sale of Motorola to Lenovo. Customer support is utter shit and updates are not as fast or as plentiful as expected.
That isn't really an issue for me though since I'm rooted and on a custom rom.

rhinoshield bumpers are awesome, it's like most of the protection from a much bigger otterbox case but way less bulk, i believe they're drop-rated for 11 feet no matter how it falls

How do you guys feel about this guy for $179.
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_(2016)-7870.php

If there are any AOSP based roms for it then it's a good deal.

Why shouldn't I buy an S7?

touchwizz.

shitty custom rom support because it's some weird samsung chipset