Interests

What started your interest in technology Sup Forums ?

How old were you?

2007 Toshiba Sat. running 32bit Vista.

11 y/o

Lack of female contact.

The quads of truth have spoken ;_;

My dad bought himself an iPhone 3gs

I think i was 13.

later got myself an iPod touch, jailbroke it and realized apple was shit.

I've always been interested in tech, for as long as I can remember. Always taking things apart, wanting to know how they work, etc.

Got really into it when I was 12-13 and I got a PS2, the demo disc had some atrocious version of BASIC on it (Yabasic?) and I was fascinated. It just grew from there.

This helped too.

i used to play games on my grandpa pc since i was 4 yo, "Tomb Raider" and "Monster truck Madness" and so i thought computers were fun.
At 13 i started to really work with computers, and now i'm a CS student and a professional shitposter on Sup Forums

Back in elementary school I told the teacher that I want to be a videocard engineer because that's what fascinated me at the time. She thought videocards were some fancy literal cards and thought I was just autistic...

High voltage electronics (e.g., Tesla coils).
13 years old.

Check'd

4yo, first computer. An old, old one.

Back when I was 5.
My dad bought a PC because he needed one for office work. I don't really remember much about it, except that it had a white case and a pentium 3 processor(Which was upgraded to pentium 4 after some time).
I used to play freeware games and demos on it and found them fascinating - so I decided to become a programmer in the future to make my own games.
Of course, I grew out of "gaymen" a long time ago, but I really enjoy programming.

Video games. 8 or so.

I don't even require female at this point. Just anyone wearing girl's clothing really.

I used to care about these sort of trivial things, but then I realised that women are obsolete.
>pic related.

>quints
The gets reveal the truth

My first contact with technology was with a I486 at the age of 1. My father says that he sit me in front of the computer and I would write something random using the keyboard and then watch the screen like waiting for some response or reaction.
At 5 I played with a Pentium running windows 98. I played with the scanner, printer and corel of the computer.
And ever since my father installed ubuntu to my computer (I was 11 years old) I've been very interest in anything related with technology.

I now have 19 and run gentoo (no kidding)

Video games; I tended to play a shitload of NES and SNES in my youth, which is probably what led to me being an introvert. Naturally when we got a computer I played with that too. I had a friend whose father was into coding and shit, he ended up giving me a hand-me-down PC running Windows ME (what a fucking pile of shit!) which I later updated to Windows XP. After that we got high-speed internet and I became really invested in RPG Maker 2000 and Asheron's Call for years. Somewhere along the line I upgraded my PC using Cyberpower and wasn't pleased with the result, which led to me opening it up and replacing parts myself. After that, I had the confidence to just build my own from scratch.

Stop posting webm images.

I didn't post this one.

Very young, before I went to school, used to stick with my dad for the most part so I think that's where the influence comes from (:

My uncle played Ultima online when it came out when I was 8. I started playing shortly after.

>Always taking things apart
I honestly hate it when people say this. Spoiled little shits. My parents would've kicked my ass.

First computer was a Dell running Windows XP. It always intrigued me because I didn't understand how it worked. It was like magic to me. I later realized that a computer is basically and artificial brain. Unlike a brain though a computer only does what it is told to do. I started tinkering with Ubuntu when I was thirteen and am still trying to learn as much as I can. I use Gentoo now for just about everything and keep my systems as light as possible but I always keep a Windows box just in case I ever need it for proprietary software. Still I haven't actually needed Windows for about eight years now.

4 year old, my dad bought pc, that was in 95.
That and my dad explaining me Newton laws of dynamics.

11 y/o or so and just as every kid on the planet I wanted to make my own game. I had a W95 box and used powerpoint to make a shitty interactive story that I never finished
Fast forward 4 years I was 15 and a kid showed me game maker. Learned to code thanks to it (at least, in the most elementary sense (functions, some basic control flow, variables)) and learned a lot of the basics about computers (you know, all those very essentials which aren't taught at school because they're too busy showing you how to use MS Office): what are text files, ASCII, the difference between a text file and a binary file, what are executables, what is an OS and the existence of Linux (of course I didn't know it's GOONNOU/Leenuz bac then)
Fast forward another 6 years perhaps I got my first computor (because parents knew that I'd get addicted they never bought me my own before), and now I could actually start learning to code after years of wanting to do so but not having a personal computer to do it comfortably

a certain GBA series, videogames in general

Was fascinated with portable tech and com infrastructure since I can remember

Well we would put it back together dumbass.