What Windows iso should i get?

Currently, what's the best windows version to download? I'm thinking between windows 7 and 10, but i'm worried about the spyware.

Windows 7 is pretty stable, windows 8.1 has a shit ui but that is easily fixable, windows 10 spies on you and pushes targeted ads and cloud bullshit. Personally I use 8.1 with start 8 and I like it.

Windows 69 unless your a faggot fag

Windows 10 KN because u r kool

>implying windows 8 doesn't spy on you just the same

>but i'm worried about the spyware.
Just check the source code before installing. Oh wait, you can't.

If you are on very recent hardware, play recent games that use dx12, and use major softwares, then Windows 10 ltsb is the way to go.
It doesn't has all the bullshit apps or other shit.

If your pc is older then windows 7 is the way to go.
If you don't know what version then use windows 7 home premium.

In this globalised age of internet you are fucking dumb if you think you can prevent ALL telemetry collection about you, windows is not even a major part of that. If you were capable of preventing collection then you wouldn't have to ask this question.

no articles on shitcrunch about win8 being spyware = win8 has no spyware

d'oh

Windows 10 via media creation tool from M$ website

Windows 7/8 I got via Dreamspark, which is only legit way to get the ISO now, it is no longer on M$ website.

>he thinks windows 7 doesn't spy on him.

you're a naive one, user.

I'm using a vanilla W7 install. Not planning on doing any updates with it. Other than CommonSense 2010, and Malwarebytes once and awhile, anything else I should do? I'm on a dorm wifi network, as well.

windows 2000 Service Pack 5

Install gentoo.

Uninstall CommonSense™ 2010™, install CommonSense™ 365™ for maximum protection.

10 Enterprise LTSB N + the Sup Forums Microsoft engineer debloat script (Google it or maybe another user can link), followed by the aegis debloat script

The one that hasn't been backdoored by Windows or a third-party.

XP Dindu edition

The Sup Forums mods will just warn him, delete his thread and shoo him off to /wsr/

Regardless, Windows discussion has no place on a technology board.

This is a place for people who actually know shit about technology, anyone using Windows does not fall under such a category.

Debian is the best Windows version, seriously try it out! it's blazing fucking fast!

The fuck are you talking about? I am on Linux and I am not as delusional as you.
>VS is still a leading IDE for C++ and .Net
>JCreator is comfy as fuck for Java Development
>Alot of college courses are still based around windows

Also if you actually want shit done in tech, then the operating system is one of the lowest priorities to care about.

Okay kid

>VS for C++
stopped reading there holy fucking shit are you this delusional? VS C++ compilers are fucking CANCER. It doesn't even support everything, just use G++ or Clang you inbred mongoloid fuck.
>Java for anything other than Android
And yes because Windows is the norm, of course it will be used everywhere.

>Can't even argue back cause he is right
>Shit senpai, what am I gonna do
>I will call him kid... yeah that will do it
Nice one

this. windows 2000 is epic as hell op.

Why bother arguing with a dumbass? In the end I know you're just going to walk away thinking you've won.

There's a pastebin pasted at tiwtter.com/nunsenses on top with all the telemetry patches removal uninstallers... 8.1 is the best because it's the most recent and has best functionality with updates.

Windows 7 Enterprise N.

>Pretty easy to activate with MS Toolkit
>No mediashit bloat
>All the features from the W7 editions
>Rock solid and stable

Clang is an addin already implemented in VS so you don't even need to use the default compiler. Also I said it was the leading IDE, it is basically the industry standard.
>And yes because Windows is the norm, of course it will be used everywhere.
hahaha... and I am the inbred fuck

>Why bother arguing with a dumbass? In the end I know you're just going to walk away thinking you've won.
Sure, keep pretending to have not lost.

Can't lose what you didn't start. See we haven't even begun an argument and you're already acting like you've one. This is exactly why I won't engage in one with you, it's pointless.

I'm looking through the Dreamspark area atm and I can't seem to spot it. Am I blind?

You did start it considering the conversation was started with a remark you made
>you've one
unrelated but I can also spell pretty well

Wise guy.

>picking out spelling errors
I've been up for over 24 hours, give me a break you goddamned autist.

Windows 8 is definitely faster than 7 so get 8.1+classic shell or some other shit like that if you want start menu and disable every shit you don't need(services,startup).Use DXVA on every video playback and force HW in firefox with html5 and you'll see performance even on 1080p60fps