What is the official text editor of Sup Forums?

What is the official text editor of Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zyedidia/micro
strawpoll.me/10392618/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

data:text/html,

>inb4 everyone posts a different text editor

vim. And only vim.

And sometimes Notepad++.

I write all my code in comment textareas.

Emacs was here, Vim is a faggot

Notepad++
lol!!!1!!1

I am the vim user from earlier. Tell me about emacs.

it does everything

the best choice

micro
github.com/zyedidia/micro

What kind of a text editor does it have?

Miktex

It can go from being as minimal as you'd like to being a full blown IDE.

What kind of system requirements does it have? Do I have to install Gentoo?

notepad ++
just werkz

It should work on pretty much anything made in the last 10 years.

20 years, actually.

Do I need USB foot pedals to avoid emacs pinky?

You might like evil mode or spacemacs.

All of the functionality and customizability of emacs with the keybindings of vim.

joe, acme

notepad++ is nice.

vim for single file editing, emacs + evil for larger projects

vim

>notepad++

literally cancer

Sure, you can install Gentoo within emacs if you wish

>keybinds of vim

aka none
that is why even nano is better than vim.

Same here. Editor wars are beyond me.

Emacs (with Evil mode)

Yeah, this is basically me. Except for C++. I'm too used to Visual Studio for C++.

for .txt and things that need a fast fix / check and are mostly text based without formating = notepad++

For formatting text, taking notes - writing my ideas and so on - Microsoft office, but libre would also suffice - I just pirated office for now.

Notepad :^)

nano, because everyone is too retarded to remember shift-colon-r-enter, or that [insert] is a thing

gedit

Vim

Sup Forums in a nutshell.

microsoft word

i fire up a virtual machine running windows 10 running a virtual machine running windows vista running a virtual machine running gentoo, running a qemu session emulating windows xp, running a virtualbox of osx 10.0 in which i use the original TextEdit.

it's that good.

>not using ed
Casuals

Emacs with evil-mode

suck it vimshits

geany, it's bretty gut

“Ed is the standard text editor.”

Ed, the greatest WYGIWYG editor of all.

ED IS THE TRUE PATH TO NIRVANA! ED HAS BEEN THE CHOICE OF EDUCATED AND IGNORANT ALIKE FOR CENTURIES! ED WILL NOT CORRUPT YOUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!! ED IS THE STANDARD TEXT EDITOR! ED MAKES THE SUN SHINE AND THE BIRDS SING AND THE GRASS GREEN!!

When I use an editor, I don't want eight extra KILOBYTES of worthless help screens and cursor positioning code! I just want an EDitor!! Not a “viitor”. Not a “emacsitor”. Those aren't even WORDS!!!! ED! ED! ED IS THE STANDARD!!!

TEXT EDITOR.

When IBM, in its ever-present omnipotence, needed to base their “edlin” on a Unix standard, did they mimic vi? No. Emacs? Surely you jest. They chose the most karmic editor of all. The standard.

Ed is for those who can remember what they are working on. If you are an idiot, you should use Emacs. If you are an Emacs, you should not be vi. If you use ED, you are on THE PATH TO REDEMPTION. THE SO-CALLED “VISUAL” EDITORS HAVE BEEN PLACED HERE BY ED TO TEMPT THE FAITHLESS. DO NOT GIVE IN!!! THE MIGHTY ED HAS SPOKEN!!!

?

>micro
Nano forever and ever

vim in a bash terminal. If there are other options that make my life easier ( a nice LaTeX studio thing or Visual Studio for games ) I'll use those with a vim configuration if I can find it, it's only because I've gotten used to it.

vim or nano

notepad++

But why?

nano when dealing with autism OS

notepad++ otherwise

no other answers are acceptable

does anything in vim do autocomplete suggestions or anything like that? in particular, when i'm writing in latex and doing something like \cite{...} i want my editor to help me find the shortname that i'm looking for.

sublime has a plugin that does this, but that's just about the only feature that's really keeping me from switching over to vim full time.

What?

>needing to learn retarded keybindings to pretend to be productive
Modern keybindings cover all possible use cases and aren't a pain in the add to learn. On top of that, they're nearly universal across any piece of software created within the past decade. So my answer would be either Sublime (cause Atom is a slow ass meme) or Notepad++

this is Sup Forums

ed

vim has autocompletion plugins, but you need to find them

The good news is, yes, vim does have an autocompletion plugin (many, actually)
The bad news is that it will take you a month to set up

>nano
enjoy your automatic newline textwrap.
notepad++ is on linux, as notepadqq.

i just use word

UltraEdit, because i don't want to spend 3 months learning Vim or Emacs.

yeah googling around it seems like that's the case. the big issue is that while i *do* have a home server setup thing that i sometimes write on, i also use git, so the immediate advantage to vim over sublime for me (that i can ssh into a remote machine and use vim) is sort of negated - i can just ssh into that machine, commit+push changes, and then pull on my local machine, then open it in sublime).

maybe someday in the distant future i'll just buckle in and get everything set up perfectly. but it really doesn't seem like a high priority thing for me right now...

Nano && Atom;

Abiword

just werkx

/thread

U prolly use it in like it though

Why do you have to have approval from your Sup Forums overlords? It's like you wanna "fit in" or some shit dude. I personally use Emacs but find what works for you.

What the shit is with the clipping on the T, X, and T in that picture at the top left of each symbol? The fuck? Why?

>Nano better than vim.
What kind of sperglord are you?

Windows - Notepad++

Linux - Sublime Text

Terminal - Nano

>not taking my word for it

literally cancer

Kate

nano
>fight me

notepad2

Can someone explain to me what notepad++ does that notepad doesn't?

> inb4 ++

>Elaborate your opinion
>"cancer
Okay m8

(You)

Sublime Text

>2016
>being a freetard

Windows Notepad while using
Wine on Linux Mint...

nano

>2016
>using a bloated text editor
>not using echo, cat, grep, sed and pipes

notepad.exe

>UltraEdit
damn that still exists. It's been years since I heard that name.

I used to use that like 10 or so years ago.

No one uses Pico? what's going on Sup Forums?

This.

nano

Paint

strawpoll.me/10392618/

nano

>2016
>Not using Sublime Text

Gedit

It just works and it's simple and comfy enough to use.

Emacs.

VS code
Sublime
Atom

Sup Forumsedit or Sublime for light software development or VS Code for Git integration

Emacs for autistist, VIM for m-muh hackers and nano for CL babbies.

Emacs (best editor base) with Evil (best actual editor)