"Colorful has showcased a very interesting design of its new B150 motherboard...

>"Colorful has showcased a very interesting design of its new B150 motherboard. It appears that it has GTX 1070 installed on the motherboard itself, occupying all PCI slots in the process."
What does Sup Forums think of this?
videocardz.com/60927/colorful-motherboard-with-geforce-gtx-1070-on-board
wccftech.com/colorful-b150-gp104-gtx-1070-onboard/

>Laptop motherboard

For what purpose?

mobile workstation maybe

That's kinda neat.... I guess? What the fuck is up with the i/o port locations though? Seems to be for some very specific case, a steambox type thingy I assume.

>Socketed motherboard
>Laptop

I don't think so Tim. This'll be for a NUC of some description

It's not a laptop mobo. Lots of mitx boards take sodimms to accommodate really small form factor cases.

> It appears that it has GTX 1070 installed on the motherboard itself, occupying all PCI slots in the process."

Are those people retarded? That's obviously a board for an all-in-one or a custom thin PC, not an ATX board. It never had any PCI slots in the first place.

Up until skylake most laptops were socketed retard

retarded
>gpu dies
>throw away the motherboard

I haven't had a socketed laptop since like 2008.

>motherboard dies
>throw away the gpu
Fixed.

Over the past 15 years I've seen maybe two dead GPUs for dozens of dead motherboards. Plus, motherboards are generally cheaper.

here's a hint, look at the I/O placement

No they weren't.

Google laptop motherboards, you will see they are socketed.

GPU's are hot pieces of shit sitting on a BGA.
Holy shit you're dumb if you think GPU's last longer then montherboards on full use.

Useless for me.

>GPU's are hot pieces of shit sitting on a BGA.
So are chipsets, especially older ones. And manufacturers also tend to skimp on heatsinks for those, so they may run hotter than GPUs under full load.

And anyway, like 75% of busted motherboards I've seen failed due to caps, not BGA chips.

>Holy shit you're dumb if you think GPU's last longer then montherboards on full use.
Only if you limit the scope to high-end gaymen GPUs maybe.
Hell, at work I've had like 80 shit cards from Rage 128 Pro to Radeon HD4000-something, all passive-cooled so you could cook eggs on them even in 2D mode, and not a single one of them failed in more than a decade those computers were in use.

Limit them to high-end GPU's in general not gayming. Quadro ain't gayming.

Also, chipsets are way cooler, even with those tiny headsinks a southbridge never runs over 60C.
We only have one chip on boards since a long time, because the northbridge is integrated into the CPU.

Don't forget, GPU's have caps too. That was not the point, you can replace caps easily on both.

They clearly mean it takes up the space usually taken by PCIe slots, don't be so autistically specific.

that's only if they use a full voltage CPU, none of this ultrabook bullshit
as ULV CPUs are mostly all BGA as are ultra portables like the X2xx thinkpads.

In all-in-one motherboards, this space *isn't* usually taken by PCIe slots.

Non-ULV chips are typically socketed, ULV chips are always soldered past Core 2 era.

I have an ASUS N56VZ laptop.
The CPU is in socket, and the GPU is soldered.

Found this pic to show.

Say that to my i5 laptop

>ulv

It's probably more expensive than just buying an adequate mainboard + 1070 without the option to upgrade ever, hurray.

If it's socketed, either it's not an ULV i5 or you're mistaken.

now that ATI is finished, why bother allowing customer choice ?

It's not like you have a choice if you want an all-in-one PC with a high-end GPU.

WHY would you want an all-in-one like that is another question entirely, but look at all the faggots buying 10-pound gaming "laptops" that can't function without a mains socket...

Are you saying i5 is ULV? Atom is ULV.

All jokes aside, that what Nvidia would do being the only one on the market.

i5-xxxxU is ULV.
i5-xxxxM, i5-xxxxHM is full voltage.

would love to see thermi working on a laptop literally an arsonsist dream

It's supposed to be meant for VR backpacks. Think about it.

you do realize laptops with non-M versions of nvidia chips exist, right

>backpack
>200-watt GPU

am I supposed to also haul a truck battery or what

Hey man I didn't say it wasn't a retarded idea I'm just saying that's the intent.

do you know what ulv means you dumb sack of shit?

Going somewhere. And then plug it in the wall.
Wall sockets are common in houses.

Don't be a mouthbreathing illiterate. It never had PCI slots. It's a completely custom board. The person who wrote that article should be shot.

oh i know but maxwell was never so hot to begin with..

There are plenty of socketed laptops. It's only recently with ultramemes that they removed that feature

>'pc games console'

I think it is sad that they always design these SteamBoxes or whatever, too small.
That way they all overheat because they have poor cooling.

size is there only selling point

I know. But when they cant perform at all. Nobody will buy them.

> not realizing that the rx 480 is going to be a godsend for valve
> not seeing the obvious potential for substantially cheaper steamboxes

do you even economics?

lolno

Holy shit just leave