Looking to build a mATX computer for gaming...

Looking to build a mATX computer for gaming. currently looking at the Corsair Air 240 for the case but I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with it, or similar cases.

How was it to build in, what cooling solution are you using and how is it?

Are there any anons with similar cases that they would recommend over this case, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9ZnbtJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>memeATX
>gayming
>>>/Reddit/

buy a fractal design define S and install gentoo. Cases with windows are for niggers.

Your welcome.

Honestly, looks good, but I'd prefer something specifically designed for mATX.

meme case

I love the 240, fuck the 540 though.

This is the 540.

I am white and also not a nigger.

>referring people to that place

Fuck off retard.

looks like a microwave

Yeah, the plastic window sucks though.
>Would not make popcorn/10

It's an absolutely awful and poorly designed case with an incredible amount of wasted space. They have an entire fucking session on it just for the PSU and nothing else. It's awful.

Grab something else.

Also
>literally current year
>not assembling a mini-itx build

You fucked up.

Out of curiosity, what made you choose a noctua over an AIO liquid cooler?

Not him but AIO coolers are terrible. They are expensive, loud as fuck (the pump will ALWAYS make noise no matter what and it will sound like a fish tank even at idle), they have limited durability and on the odd case they have the potential to destroy your entire build in case of leakage.

Noctuas are premium air coolers. For the price of any shitty entry level water cooler you can get a top of the line Noctua cooler that will cool better AND it you won't hear a peep.

I have no interest in mixing water and electronics. That cooler has performed awesomely, the cpu fan barely needs to run.

>PSU and nothing else
6 disks and all cables = nothing? Okay

I'm considering mITX as well, but I'm not sure how well it'd do thermally. Cost is also slightly higher.

What dissuades me the most is the lack of PCI slots though.

>6 disks

An entire place where you could probably fit a whole build is salvaged because you can fit a completely retarded and unnecessary amount of drives you'll never use and cables, aka something literally every case can fit. Big fucking whoop. There are mitx cases that are smaller than that section of the case.

>but I'm not sure how well it'd do thermally

Look up the Node 304. It's an absolutely outstanding case that will even let you fit in big air coolers. Don't worry about temps, they are going to be absolutely fine. In fact, I'm using a coolermaster elite 130, which doesn't get even close to the node 304, I'm currently in motherfucking Brazil of all places, where you'll find only one kind of climate (fire) and my temps are fine.

Why do you want extra pci lanes though? Don't fall for the multi-gpu meme, it's shit.

It's a great case, I built in one for a friend. I like the split section design for the PSU/HDDs as it makes cable management EZ-mode.

The only legitimately complaint you could make about AIO coolers is the price premium. And while leaks can occur, the chances of it are extremely rare - about the same as a large dual-tower cooler ripping your motherboard off the stand-offs.

The pump is not loud at all. I've an H110 in my case and the only time the pump is even audible is on start up, other than that all I hear is airflow from the two fans.

If you ever used an AIO cooler where you could constantly hear the pump, then you had a shitty AIO cooler.

Not saying you are wrong but I selected this case based on my needs and preferences so your opinion based on relevant facts is irrelevant.

> CPU cooler NH-D9L if user needs to know what fits

>There are mitx cases that are smaller than that section of the case.
And they're a bitch to fucking work with. What I love about my Air 540 is how easy it is to work with.

Not everyone wants a computer as small as your penis.

>The pump is not loud at all

Yes it is. The pump they use in these AIO coolers is shitty. Water cooling you either go full custom or not at all.

>If you ever used an AIO cooler where you could constantly hear the pump, then you had a shitty AIO cooler.

Nope, that's just the standard for them no matter which one. For the absolutely retarded price you paid for your H110, you could grab a top of the line noctua or bequiet for half the price and cool just as much or even better with no sound whatsoever. The only reason I'm using one is because I'm running a tiny custom case where nothing else would fit.

I'm literally using 5 drives at the moment, but also having a little server built in that section is a kawaii idea, thanks user.

I'm thinking of buying a sound card further down the line. I wouldn't consider getting a second GPU.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9ZnbtJ
That's my current set up. The GTX 980 is going to be replaced with a GTX 1070 though. It's just there for price.

The only soundcard worth buying IMO is an Essence STX or Essence STX II. The DAC/Amp rivals external solutions in quality. Also very nice to have native 6.3mm jacks.

>What I love about my Air 540 is how easy it is to work with.

Bitch pls, it's a thing you literally set once and never again. It's not like you're going to keep reassembling your pc on a daily basis. Plus there are mitx cases out there, such as the node 304 I've mentioned, that are easy as shit to build in.

>Not everyone wants a computer as small as your penis.

And yet you're the one compensating with an useless huge reddit tier case.

>another reddit comment
Come on man quit doing that.

Thanks for the heads up, will make a note of it. I haven't looked into it yet because I'm plowing all my money into the build first. I'm just using my A&K JR as an external DAC right now.

The xbox hueg case + aio cooler is pretty much the default reddit setup because it's got le cool ebin gaymurr look though and it's only a notch behind razer shit.

I assembled a micro atx computer a month ago and my old atx build looks like xbox huge 90s shit. I might go mini itx for my next build. Definitely not going to full sized atx cases

What CPU are you running in there? That's my other concern, I hear i7's in mITX tend to suffer.

>no window
>fits 200mm fan
>fits ATX
>not much bigger
>cheaper
There is also a mATX verison but it's the same size as the ATX version.

I have no idea what case this is.