Own R9 280x

>Own R9 280x
>AMD now offers AMD specific programms to record games and etc.
>Play.TV works only in CS:GO,LoL and Hearthstone
>OH LOOK WHILE POSTING THIS AMD CRASHED AGAIN
>Raptr gaming evolved - wtf is this shit? Pure garbage
>Target FPS doesn't work, it's already out for 1 year and no fix

Yeah sure this garbage has a good price/performance but it's still shit.

I will never go AMD again, not once in my fucking lifetime fuck the R9 480 you will get 100 crashes anyway

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yy8xjMyySJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thank you my friend it is time for someone to be telling the truth about this AMD. I am also having one of their products and it is nothing but crash and loud and heat. I will never buy this AMD again and only to use great Nvidia product from this time forward!

Here is the picture if none believes me

>literally a thread whining about how your prcious little GPU isn't working or something
>a thread complaining about games

and please dont fucking make threads about bullshit like this

if they are that shitty on windows, i can't imagine them being worse in linux

you forgot also the tab on how to take a screen shot, looking up traps on xhamster, blacked.com, bernie sanders donate page, and nvidia forums.

>Target FPS doesn't work
This explains alot. I've got the 7970, so the same card. I always wondered why it didn't seem to work.

Honestly, its GCN1.0. Why are you complaining? The RX 480 will be out soon, and you can have the solution to all your problems plus more performance for $199 and 200W less in about a month.

Target Fps seems to work for me on my 380.

Ran a 7870 and have been running a Vapor-X 290 for over 2 years now.
No problems on my end.

Install your drivers properly mate. Raptr and shit fucking sucks but who uses that crap anyway.

nvidiot shills in full damage control mode because of 480 top kek

Your driver is probably crashing because some process is fucking with it. I had MSI bloat installed and once it was removed my driver stopped crashing.

Many of the AMD features never work, forced vsync hasn't worked on AMD for years while Nvidia is flawless or at least it works where AMD doesn't.

>mfw 7950 for 4 years and no problems ever
Works on my machine

What in the fuck is play.tv? Just use the Raptr Software bundled with your drivers if you want GPU accelerated recording, otherwise use OBS

>Another anti AMD shill thread

Saged

Also, 50 rupees have been deposited in your account

280x owner here, stop posting bullshit nvidiashill

Hijacking the thread.

When was the last time anyone didn't understand the reason for a problem on their PC?

I don't mean "I understand the problem. Its the bad gpu. Its the bad cpu. Its the hard drive." but rather as in "It seems to be thermal throttling, the voltage is set too low, driver issue had to ddu/roll back, seem like unstable overclock/voltage on cpu" type.

When was the last time you got "stuck" on a problem on your computer that you didn't understand fundamentally or didn't know how to fix.

>Own AMD
>Playtv is unnecessary
>specific programs are unnecessary
>gayming evolved is good but not necessary too
>target fps is retarded and unnecessary too
I enjoy my GPU and will buy from AMD again.

>280x crashing
werks in my machine, luck of the lottery I guess.

Using MSI Afterburner for frame control, monitoring and recording on a 7950. Works just peachy.

GCN 1.0 has a pretty weak version of VCE anyway. Expect it to slash 60 FPS down to 40-45, and 30 if you want Vsync. Later versions of GCN are vastly improved in that regard.

Also fuck off back to

>use a bunch of stupid superfluous shit
>bitch about it not working on Sup Forums

that's like me coming here and whining that gaymwerks kills my performance

OP is the reason why brother and sister should not have children,it spawns retards like op.

Works on my retarded machine. Consider suicide, OP.

yeah, this shit tier software steered me back to nvidia.

I have a AMD GPU and CPU. Everything words wonderfully and the price was fantastic.
Only problem is the CPU runs hot, but that's my fault. I have a dusty home and a stock CPU fan, for now.

>Use Nvidia Experience
>Get crash once a day

Fuck bloated softwares

that happens to nvidia users in windows 10 as well. Wwindows 10 is just shit, you should downgrade.

works on my machineā„¢ (asus 280x)
>pic related, all the games i play are being recorded

It happens on Windows 7 too, on both vendors. Also happens on GNU/Linux and Linux OS.

All OS are shit.

Nvidia Shadowplay

It just works

my 280x has gotten so much better over the years. It was such a disappointment when I first got it. From initially lagging on Bioshock Infinite and BSOD on Titanfall, to now maxing MGSV and DOOM 4 with virtual superresolution enabled.
How much would a used 280x go for these days? Thinking of utilizing crossfire and waiting a couple more generations for a new GPU.

I just installed gentoo and now I have no gaems. No gaems - no problems, OP. You should try it, it is cure for AMD shitty GPUs

>windows 10
>skype
>spotify
>battlenet
>chrome
>1080p

FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I own the exact same card. No 'crashes'. Bloat ware is optional you're a retard if you actually installed it. Drivers were very easy to install. No 'house fire', runs lower temp than my i7. nvidiot shill pls go

>Own r9 280x
>Don't install AMD bloatware
>have no problems

i've been gaming on a 7850 since 2012, never had issues

i don't use shitty programs / services
just unbloated windows 10 and steam games, the shit just werks

Target fps works fine for my fury x too

>Have R9 280x
>OBS works perfectly with AMD VCE
>OP is a fag
Why is this allowed?

In this thread:
>I can't figure out a warranty return
/thread

As a 280x owner I know you are full of shit.
also >leaving raptr selected on the setup

>Play.TV works only in CS:GO,LoL and Hearthstone

Bullshit, I used it in Witcher 3 with my 390 in Win10 just fine.

>>Play.TV works only in CS:GO,LoL and Hearthstone
works with all games except those using mantle, disable rivatuner or other overlays if it doesn't
>>>OH LOOK WHILE POSTING THIS AMD CRASHED AGAIN
sign of unstable oc, faulty card or other component problem
>>Raptr gaming evolved - wtf is this shit? Pure garbage
no one's forcing you to install it
>>Target FPS doesn't work, it's already out for 1 year and no fix
use rivatuner

What the fuck...

>windows 10
you fucking deserves it
>skype
>Sup Forums
>chrome

fuck off you filthy manchildren

>>windows 10
found your problem

>Sup Forums filename
Make a screenshot with speccy and thread in the background. Otherwise fuck off shill.

I see the light

I am now a Huang Wang

Nvidia is in full damage control since RX 480 presentation. Looks like the card will be amazing if they are so desperate with shilling and misinformation.

I now seriusly believe there are paid nvidia shills on this board.

why are you so afriad, if the rx480 is soo bad, why would you have to shill agianst it?

>AMD offers Play.TV
>Gets butthurt over it

>nVidia had shadowplay for a long time now
>It's okay when nVidia does it

I like how Nvidia and Samsung are the only two tech companies with confirmed paid shills on here.

Source?

To be honest, i would be happier if AMD put more effort into their drivers than they did with meme things like play tv... I cant use that sort of stuff anyway since im on linux.

Fucking nigger it's Sup Forums X image name randomizer you fucking trashnigger

Fuck you faggot, i upload images just fine without name change.

Stfu faggot lose some weight

Fuck you obey my demands on proof or go shill on reddit!

>>OH LOOK ITS NVIDIA DAMAGE CONTROL THREAD AGAIN!!!

lose weight

Ill start tomorrow. I need to cut for summer.

have 270x, no crashes so far. which one is odd?

Bullshit it works fine
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy8xjMyySJ8

I never understood where doe this "AMD crashes and breaks 24/7" meme comes from. I own a cheap, pre built pc with an old amd gpu in and haven't had any major problems It also runs very cool, so i dont know why do people say amd overheats a lot.

ITT:

twitch streaming manchildren

Drivers on my GTX 770, 765m, and 335m crash all the fucking time. It's no better on the Nvidia side, and they abandon cards after one year. Fuck them, I can't wait for the RX 480.

OBS VCE branch
Pretty much perfect.

It works on my machine

I have a 280x and I'm going to upgrade to the 480.

Sell it while you still can, OP. I'll be getting rid of mine as soon as possible and living for a month or so with some old GPU but I don't care since nothing is coming out anyways that requires it.

On Windows I have no problems with my 280x. Just low framerates on a handful of games.

However, on linux it's a mess. I have to enable DRI3 manually for it to be bearable.

>had Nvidia my entire life
>560 ti
>770 for a year or two
>got second 770
>sold cuz 2gb
>390
>no regrets
owned 390 for 6 months + now, never crashed or fucked with me, smooth gameplay, never above 71celcius. uninstall bloatware that comes with the driver you fucknut

>pic related, old shitstain of a computer with 770's

nvidiot shills need something to flame amd on, so they pick something and meme the shit to death and back, because if you repeat something enough ppl start to belive it. Same thing with muh effiency nobody gave a fuck about it befor nvidiots started to shill on it
pretty sad

nice bait, man

What the fuck are people installing on their computers that is causing hundreds of driver crashes? Ever since Windows 7, amd or nvidia, I at most I only get 1 hard crash per year.

He thought we were joking when we said AMD has no drivers.

>had amd for a long time
>sold 7970
>bought 970
>no regrets
much better than dealing with the amd shitware

Meanwhile I choose not to install Rapter or stream games because I'm not a huge fucking faggot, and the latest Radeon software works great on my 295x2. I can't remember the last time a game crashed on me.

Maybe you should just stop using computers and maybe take up a different hobby. Suicide perhaps?

i will agree its annoying as fuck with 30 different Catalyst, radeon settings, gaming evolved, raptr etc. just uninstall them and keep Radeon Settings.
although i would never use a 970 even if i got one for free, i'd rather sell it and buy a 390 for the money.
and i love shadowplay and how it uses little space yet high quality videos and little loss etc, and the other nvidia shit. but its basically turning into overpriced garbage with the 900 series, and looks like they're doing the same with the 1000 series. milking the architecture like activision milks cod.

I'd much rather reliable drivers, and 99% the performance of the 390 over terrible drivers and a tiny fps bump
plus it performs better than the 390 in all the games I care about
>inb4 something about 3.5 geebees

FTC doesn't work on GCN 1.0 because its old.

Works on my machine :^)

the only problem I have with the crimson drivers is the fact they spontaneously self destruct, forcing me to reinstall.

Literally everything you mentioned just...
Werks on my machineĀ©

>using the smiley with a carat nose

I thought Intel was also confirmed?

i have an r9 280x
i have been using it for some time now
it literally never crashed

Be careful friend, I got banned for posting this image.

>>Play.TV works only in CS:GO,LoL and Hearthstone
what the fuck are you talking about. it automically records every game

>Target FPS doesn't work
It does work perfectly in games with dx9-11.

Why the heck do you want to record games?

Why do you want AMD to bother for 0.7% of users and make recording good instead of making actual drivers good?

i'm surprised people even allow the raptr shitware to be installed, people already reverse engineered it years ago and found the really dumb malware/spyware esque shit AMD put in, not to mention the ads (because clearly people who spent $300 on a rebranded gpu should now be subject to ads, right guys???)

You'd be shocked how many people click "Express" installation.

They're often the same people that blow a fuse about waking up one morning to find W10 on their PC and don't know how it happened.

>get extra 380x from friend
>380x CF
truely glorious, what is with all the AMD babyrage?

I was going to do that but I scored a cheap deal on a Fury which ended up being able to have the majority of its shaders unlock, works amazing in everything at 1440p so far... Except it hates black desert for whatever reason

All the features would be shit tier even if they did work though. Who cares about Raptr/GeforceExperience or recording gameplay.

A graphics card is for games not retarded softwares, this goes for both AMD and Nvidia.

>that shader count
noice

This.

Friend has the intel graphics driver constantly crashing on W10.

It's just a shit OS.

are noVidya shills this afraid of RX480?

I too have an r9 280x
Never had any problems

Conclusion: You're a retard

hello brother