Realize i fell for the 16GB ram meme

>realize i fell for the 16GB ram meme

>buying ram
HAHAHAHA

Is there an alternative?

There is no such thing as having too much RAM.

Downloading it

I don't get this new meme. What's the problem?

What's wrong with having 16gb ram?

BTW which ram would you?

maki if the only ram for me

lost a bit of quality there

As intented, OP is shitposting and is not worthy of a high quality static webm.

Why would you need 16GB. When you use less than 4?

>band has 2 drummers

>high quality

In a way, this is kind of true.

While you'll have more than enough RAM for your programs, the RAM remaining will be used as a dick cache. So any filesystem reads that'd normally hit your slow-ass disk would go to your RAM, which is blazingly fast. Same with writes, depending on the application, which'll go to RAM too (for example, if you pause a VM in VirtualBox, it can do so instantly because it writes the VM's RAM to memory, and then Windows writes to the disk slowly over time, so that your disk doesn't get raped all at once).

So the more RAM you have, the better, because more can be cached, and there's a higher likelihood something you accessed earlier will stay cached in RAM.

That feel when I can launch Microsoft Visual Studio, do my work, let someone else use the workstation, come back a day later, and MSVS still starts up instantly because the program and all its data stayed in RAM the entire time.

I do use 8+ gigs of ram. Working on an old bloated project with a huge db.
Oh, and the MDX layer leaks like a motherfucker.

is it umm expensive?

does firefox need more than 16gb?

Maybe it wouldn't leak so much if you where on a superior operating system. Something like GNU+Linux.

If you have a server that would make sense

>thinks memory leaks are OS related
>fell for the linux at home meme
Kill yourself tonight, retard. What's your address? I'll mail you some razors.

Sorry user, I already got plenty of 'em.

>tfw you didn't fall for the 32GB RAM meme

Life is suffering.

dumb spongeposter

SUBARU STOP TOUCHING THAT FUCKING DOG

>falling for the 1MiB meme

can't complain

Bought 4gigs when ddr3 was new. Lasted about a year. Constantly at limit. Went to 8 and gave brother the 4. 16 seems like the sweet spot for ddr4.

Maki a shit

How do you know he bought it? He just said fell for the meme.

>dick cache
Heh

I've got 32GB in my ThinkPad, 24GB in my 1366 desktop, and 144GB in each of my VM hosts. The "you have too much memory" posters should go back to shitposting on v. g posters should know better.

Just because you can make something work doesn't mean it's the right way. Memory is cheap. Don't be a dumbass and hamstring yourself with too little.

I hit 8gb of ram pretty easily.

I need more, but I don't want to buy more ddr3, and I can't afford it being a poor fag,

I want to upgrade to an intel cpu with ddr4 support, or wait for zen, but I'm poor so I can't.

What should I do.

Better to be safe. My anxiety goes up whenever 60%+ of system resources are in use.

But RAM is cheap as piss, why would you regret having slightly too much?

Windows 10 uses 4 gigs of ram doing nothing.

> why
Uh, virtual machines? You are telling me you don't run Linux in your windows, or vice versa?

Really?

I mean, you can actually see how much memory each processes takes. Are you sure that is it not something like browser eating tons of memory on its own?

Whenever I run my Opera (pre-Chromium-like version), it eats like 1,5 gigs of ram. At the other hand, I got used to simply not closing tabs I might check again in the future, so it runs with like 20+ tabs opened...

It is peso per MiB

why would you run linux?

>20+ tabs

I literally have 300 tabs open in my firefox for about 3 months now.

I can barely type this reply up because everything is so slow

No. No programs running. No processes taking more than 100mb in task manager. 4 gigs of ram being used

Same here, except I have a laptop. Realistically, I'm not getting a new PC any time soon, so I decided to upgrade to 16. If you need it, just do it.

Really weird. Thats showing all users processes? No hidden ones?

Sorry, I just find it hard to believe. I mean, leaking even 1 gig could be expected but 4?