240hz general

>Asus PG258Q announced last week - 240hz gsync, ULMB, tn.
>This is the new evolution of monitors, capable of running 3d stereo at 120 hz with ULMB which is supposedly incredibly realistic compared to the 60hz max we have with todays active stereo.

Where were you when 240hz...won?

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/35.htm#asus_prototype
computerbase.de/2016-05/asus-ultra-hd-144-hz/
youtube.com/watch?v=m6igZbQm75s
youtu.be/x2hu5ZEuzcc?t=100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for what pvrpose?

to attract gaymers

tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/35.htm#asus_prototype

>4K 144Hz Monitor with DP 1.3

This is the real news, anything TN panel is just irrelevant

>8ms lag at 120hz vs 4ms at 240hz.
>active glasses 3d stereo at 120hz
Smooth as a baby's ass.

I will look into buying one in a few years when the price drops to something that isnt double the price of my current build.

whats the point when even top of the line gpus get like 30fps at 4k?

Its 1080p - the sweet spot for gaming,

It'll probably have the hideous edgelord gaymur styling and will be bloody expensive for a TN panel. Also, how many games, (aside from CS:GO) will be able to run at a steady high frame rate like that?

>It'll probably have the hideous edgelord gaymur styling
the monitor is shown in the OP pic

>Also, how many games, (aside from CS:GO) will be able to run at a steady high frame rate like that?
upgrade your rig to a gtx 1080, better cpu and use games coded well with vulkan, etc

980ti sli here
60 smooth ultra 4k on any game
Also disable goyworks

no cpu will get you 240 fps

>cpu limited
if your game is cpu limited it was coded poorly and doesnt take advantage of the latest gpu fast paths

>g-sync

The human eye can't see past 144 fps

you mean 24

>144 fps
You're a fucking idiot, mate. The human eye can't see more than 24fps, that's why I bought a PS4

Quad-SLI GTX1080 for 1080p 240fps.

>being retarded

Asus monitors a shit, have fun sending it back because it DOA'd or you get another defective unit in return

Asus is #1, benq and acer are shit

I spent half an hour at the store staring at a 144 hz panel, lowered the settings as much as possible on the benchmark such that the framerate could even reach the refresh rate

there was a little difference in the immediate range above 60 fps but past that I could not see the change in smoothness AT ALL

>mfw it was in this moment i realized high refresh rate is literally for absolute bottom of the barrel autists who only care about ~video games~ and take them more seriously than their own lives
>mfw manufacturer's can peddle this garbage for massive premiums and put in proprietary gysnc to hike the cost even more
>mfw people actually pick 1440p over 4k for this even though all other media will be in 4k

I think the high refresh rate tn monitor is a meme. I'd take accurate and beautiful colours over a washed-out, shit viewing angle experience.
With that said, I still don't think there's ebough support for 4k to warrant it's price. 1440p is the sweet spot.

>hurr durr im blind and/or retarded

which most game arent

>I can't speedrun without a CRT, I need to see every animation frame of Link's hop!

just accept your brain is too slow to process such bandwidth

Its like having adblock.
You dont notice it too much when you first get it, but if you disable it after using it for a month, the change is super noticable.

>People with lower IQ than 90 can't see a difference in higher refresh rates

Wow, I'm so shocked.

>tn

Why is there no 3440 x 1440 ips 144hz panel yet???

I've been waiting for a year now and nothing.

>21:9

kek

Yes, a resolution for people playing games and watching movies.

16:10 is for autists

>playing games

the 20 games that support it lol

>paying for the shitsync scam
Now thank you.

>not using 4K 144hz

computerbase.de/2016-05/asus-ultra-hd-144-hz/ (german)

This was previously limited by the DP standard. The pascal and polaris cards will support this, so monitor manufacturers are able to build these now...

all the other games can be ran in at 16:9.

newer games run at 21:9

you still have no argument

240hz 4k OLED screens when?

>all the other games can be ran in at 16:9.

so you buy a 21:9 monitor and then run games in 16:9 with black bars on all sides wow hahahahaa you're dumb as fuck

>4k 144hz
There's no gpu that can get 144fps at 4k without playing on the lowest settings possible.

Gsync is part of the nvidiafag premium experience.

Sure they pay more for it, but it means they become part of the feel-good club. And it's a nice place for them to be part of.

weak trolling. Do you complain about "black bars" on the bottom of your movies also

I can get 144FPS at 4K playing WoW on a single GPU.

Get rekt kid.

osu! :ᶺ)

>playing wow

I feel pity for you

Who is talking about gaming you fucking retard?
144hz is much better even for desktop usage...

Acer also has a 240Hz monitor and it looks better.

the thread is about a gaming monitor you illiterate assburger.

>CTRL+F
>gaming
not found in OP's post

>illiterate

Does it have the mark of the Jew as well?

Or does it use Freesync?

They're both G-Sync if that's what you're asking.

If this is available with Freesync for a 'reasonable' price I'm gonna get one with whatever can run 4K @ 60Hz+ (AMD or Nvidia). Again I shall wait and see towards the end of the year or early next year depending on my finances.

tell me more about how you buy $800 gaymen monitors for microsoft word.

There are plenty of "older" games that people would play at 144hz 4k.
CS:GO could easily do that on a single gpu setup.

>M I C R O S O F T
>W I N D O W S
>W O R D

So this is what you do with your computer? Vidya, MS Word and Sup Forums?
Here's the door:

>this meme again

The rate OLED is progressing. Never. LG are promising OLED for laptops but I have not heard anything about monitors yet. Samsung are rumored to be going the QLED route.

This is great, Nvidia get the game going and soon we will have loads of FreeSync 240Hz monitors!

It's for stereo, 144Hz for each eye.

Kek, that reminds me back in the day console fags actually believed that

going from 60 hz to 100 hz is noticable

Anything above that quickly comes into meme territory.

You're much better off investing all that graphical horsepower into a jump to a higher resolution. Going from 1080p to 1440p is a massive difference detailwise

Nah. There's a substantial difference between 100 and 120hz. 100 looks kinda jittery.

Yeah and that substantial difference is called placebo

youtube.com/watch?v=m6igZbQm75s

WQHD 144Hz TN freesync for gaymen

4K 27+ inch IPS for programming and word

Ultrawide IPS as main monitor

problem solved, 3 monitors and you will pay for them as much as you would pay for one with 4k 144hz IPS freesync.

what the prices will be for these 4k 144hz monitors?
You can get 4k monitor for as low as 300-350euro these days, im hoping in like a 1-2years, i will be able to get 4k 144hz for that price.

>TN
Why is this still a thing

>Anything above that quickly comes into meme territory.

I don't know what kind of indian POO IN LOO eyes you have, but I notice a huge difference even from 120Hz to 144Hz.

Also just because you're gay and a faggot with shitty eyes doesn't mean everyone else does too.

Spotted the guy who bought a 144hz monitor and now has buyers remorse

>Yeah and that substantial difference is called placebo

HAHAHAHA THIS IS WHAT POORFAGS ACTUALLY TELL THEMSELVES WHEN THEY CAN'T AFFORD A GAYMIN MONITOR HAHAHAHAH

>giving a shit about frame rate
>not having the consoles for the waifus

>I can't see shit so it must be placebo
>If I have a hard time lifting this chair with my fat ass, I suppose everyone does

>waifus
Sorry bro, too busy playing in multiplayer with my girl to have time for waifus

240Hz is high enough that you don't need strobing to get acceptable motion quality. I definitely want it (but I'll wait for more competition).

Anything under 75FPS is unplayable. I don't care what you think.

Another overpriced toy for gaymur manchildren.

Anything with waifus is fappable, I don't care about your frame rates.

>i realized high refresh rate is literally for absolute bottom of the barrel autists who only care about ~video games~
Tru

>there was a little difference in the immediate range above 60 fps but past that I could not see the change in smoothness AT ALL
Fals. Well not exactly false; fucked eyes don't notice subtile changes.

>240hz

Once you pass around 120hz you can't really tell. I'm happy with my 100hz.

>I bought a meme monitor with autism bux
>this makes me rich

Hmm, pixel butts.

It's for stereo 3D, 144Hz for each eye, did you even read this thread?

>he fell for the g-sync meme

I think you did your math wrong, you'd only get 120hz each eye

Yes, 120* thanks, thinking too much of 144Hz monitors.

I don't give a flying fuck about 'stereoscopy' (It's not 3D faggots). Just give me 144Hz 4K with Freesync, IPS/VA and a VESA mount at a reasonable price.

Of course biggest issue right now is quality control and price (and some don't like IPS/VA glow of course).

120fps is only enough for sharp looking motion with strobing. Strobing is clearly visible and annoying well into the kHz. 240fps is enough that motion looks tolerably sharp even without strobing. 480fps would be even better. 960fps is getting into diminishing returns but it's still distinguishable from reality.

KEK, not true at all, alright about strobing at 120fps but 960 distinguishable from reality?
People have a hard drive to distinguish between 60fps and 120fps, I bet you won't notice a difference between 120 and 220.

Asus should push for 300mhz so that the shills will keep shilling quad-sli build with 1080

Easily visible whenever you move your eyes. I can see strobing >10kHz with fast eye movement. See "phantom array effect". As an example of a very difficult test signal, consider what frame rate you'd need to show realistic looking multiplexed 7-segment LED displays.

>3D

Lol what? This shit still exists?

so one out of every hundred won't be defective like all asus monitors? great!

>People have a hard drive to distinguish between 60fps and 120fps

Man it must suck to be you and not see a difference. Lol pleb.

>TN

Into the fucking trash it goes.

I fell for the 144hz meme. Feels good man.

>oh we forgot to mention that it needs 3x 1080ti's to run acceptable

Anything with < 90 of AdobeRGB coverage is shit

I see what you did there

I have a 144hz monitor and i just started backlight strobing it at 10%. Am I fucking my eyes?

>All of this neo-luddite ignorance
youtu.be/x2hu5ZEuzcc?t=100

1440p, 144hz, 1ms, IPS when?!