Sup Forumsuts, /guts/

guts thread

upgrades delayed edition

Other urls found in this thread:

orangecounty.craigslist.org/search/syp?query=980 ti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The last thread was "not even trying edition" I'd like to throw my hat in for that.
Fx 8350 - Gtx 960.

Oh, and before anybody asks, temps are more than fine. I tried cable managing when i had good power supply, but I got stuck with a non-modular PSU with short ass cables so meh.

I have the same PSU as you

>upgrades delayed edition
Story of my life senpai

Huh familia, we share practically the same specs. I think it's a pretty decent pc build.

yeah, I was going to get a 4670 and a z97 board for £100 but the deal fell through, might get a 3570k and a z77 for £120
thanks

I'll get some canned air soon enough. I have had it a year now without proper dust filters, so it's doing good

The evga 600b Is a little better than the generic 600w they make (I got it at bestbuy, had to buy it in a hurry because my old one died). I fully admitted to not even trying though.
I can get the Witcher 3 to look like this at 55-60 fps with the hottest gpu temp ever being 72c. Giving no fucks right now.

cables are the same length. Flip the PSU if you can, it makes a huge difference in the distance you can take the cables

I need a good pc for like under 400, what can I get?

I should have bought an i7

look for used parts

that gpu sag though

Probably same specs as Op's.

What about this for 400?

AMD FX-6100
2TB HDD
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHZ Edition (2GB GDDR5)
8GB DDR3
New EVGA 600w Bronze Power Supply

Get 1tb harddrive instead and put money into CPU or graphics card.

see .

"good pc" What is your use case? That's like going into the grocery store and asking a store clerk "I need a good food."

-Web browsing / media watching / maybe browser games at the most? yeah, $400 you can pull it off.

-Gaming? You'll have to be extremely selective of parts. Something like a haswell i3 and used gtx 750ti could do it for you, with a 400 watt power supply and cheap AF case. Going up to $500 gives you more breathing room. Also keep in mind, a Windows licence is roughly $100.

>I should have bought an i7

Why¿

Shit I don't think it's sagging I think that fucker is bent. It's getting to me

>6100
no. I'm going to use pounds but the use market doesn't know what an exchange rate is so it should work

Get a used 7870, they're cheap at like £60
get a bulldozer and motherboard bundle, if you can get it sub >£100 (get sandy instead if it's cheap enough).
get 8gb of the cheapest ram possible
get a 500/600b, they're cheap and good
get the cheapest case on ebay possible.
you can get a 1tb drive for £20 in the UK, dunno if its the same in the US

GPU: £70
PSU: £30
CPU and MoBo: £100
Case: £10
Ram: £25
Drive: £20

£255 in total. Easy

then sell that mofo on craigslist for 400 as a "high end gaming rig"

Still here OP?

yeah, I'm always here

make sure to throw in some cheap LED strips to really drive home that "gaming rig" point, haha.

Holy shit user get on that GPU sag ASAP.

>My solution in pic.
I don't even care if it looks bad, it just had to be resolved and I'm too lazy to do something better in the meanwhile.

Get some dust filters mayn. Also, is that foam from graphics package maybe and you used it for noise dampening?

Fucking clean your pc and re do your cable management, man.

Is that marble? are you chinese or mexican?

I'd post my shit but the file size is too big and I don't feel like solving that issue right now.

Granite. And im Serbian. Dad works with granite.

err how does flipping the PSU effect the length I can reach with the cables? Or is it just because of the positioning?

needs a better case and cpu cooler

What's the complaint with the case? Looks fine. I suppose your cables are a bit jumbled but that system should perform just fine.

Idk what the point of AIO water coolers are. Aren't they mostly the same as the top end air coolers? And usually cheaper?
That's a nice setup though.

the main complaint with the case is all of the scratches and the cpu cooler has a messed up fan header

this shit right here, i fucking love it.

Always posting. Might get something like two or three SSD's for various storage and use a Samsung 950 Pro as a main/boot drive.

Celebratory unbanned guts post.
That's sad, user. :(
3570K on Z77 board is great though, I love mine.
I'm sure the temps are fine, and you said the cables are short so it's whatever.
Could be a perfect excuse for sleeved extensions though.
Jesus christ fix that sag
The board looks like it's about to bend in half.
Tell me more about the foam, mr trips man.
I like your loop.
I feel like the condensation in the top of the res would drive me insane if it was mine though, maybe top it off?
Were you planning on putting the ram under water too at some point or did you get the monarch heatspreaders because the look nice like I did?
I'm about to do some drive shuffling myself, thinking about getting a 1TB and making my 500 my boot drive and giving my 120 to my brother.

>tfw first build

When I see a build like this it makes me want to go back to air. So pure, simple, functional, and clean. I got the EK Monarchs for their look, really. If my motherboard had better heatsink compatibility, I'd likely go back to air. Also, if I didn't need a regular HDD. Something like EVGA's ACX 3.0 or whatever is it would look excellent in the case.

You might like my older build even more, then.
I'm torn on if I like the ACX3.0, G1 Gaming, or STRIX more.
The EVGA has that HUGE nameplate, gigabyte is very plain which is good and bad (my opinion), and the strix has that RGB lighting which could be tinkered with to be really neat.

Is that a titan X or a titan black

X

The Titan X is the black one. The Titan Black has the regular silver shroud. Confusing as shit, I know.

Who the fuck was in charge of that

Is the "Titan: Team Green Edition" going to have a purple shroud?

>upgrades delayed edition
OP I can't believe you made a thread just for me :3

>66HZ

Your shit is pretty up to date though, unless you feel the need to yearly upgrade. Only downside I see is ddr3 memory. You're even on a 1080p 66hz monitor. I don't know what possible aspect of your computer you find lacking, unless it's been a new monitor that you want.

Lucky break last Friday - I picked up an unused 980ti from someone wanting a 1080. $300 for the hybrid EVGA model and I sold my 960 for $180 a few hours ago. It's been a good weekend.

How do the aftermarket heat sinks help the m.2 drive? I've read they sit at ~100c in use (without them).

100c is an exaggeration, but mine regularly hit 65c under load before and they throttle past 70. Heatsinks keep it around 50-55 max for about $7.

It's mostly because I've been saying I'm going to upgrade my fans & storage for almost a year now and still haven't haha. Every time I get set aside money to do so I end up spending it on other expensive hobbies or stupid things like steam sales. If you guys have any recommendations on fans that are better than corsair stock CLC trash please let me know

Also I completely forgot that my old monitor was set to 66hz wow I need to update bad. I've had a U2414h for 6 months now

>There was a reference 980Ti model on sale at Micro Center for $450
>Could have put a hybrid cooler on it for an additional $60
>Said, 'fuck it', and bought a MSI GTX 980Ti Golden Edition because 'copper is better', right?
>Runs hot as fuck
>Regret not going with my original plan

Also, before you say anything, I can't do second-hand sales online, and good second-hand sales in-person are scarce because I live in a high-density area with a fuckton of Mexicans (SoCal)

And I can only buy online if I can get it through Amazon locker.

Otherwise, I'm stuck with Micro Center or even Fry's

tfw I, a mexican, got my 980ti on craigslist in a big city

orangecounty.craigslist.org/search/syp?query=980 ti

This is all I have to work with in regards to Craig's List

Mind, I bought my Golden Edition for $550, brand new

Are dedicated GPU's useful for anything apart from gaming?

Producing/editing video/photo projects, rendering 3D CAD designs

>Fx 8350
>stock cooler

Why don't you try playing "welcome to the jungle" in crysis 3?

adding more monitors than your integrated GPU supports

mirin that fan layout

CUDA/OpenGL/NVENC is nice, but any half-way decent card is fine in those scenarios.

Hell, they have cards specifically for productivity and not for gaming.

I dunno, haven't looked too much into it besides my own needs as a gamer.

well integrated GPUs are so much better than they use to be, so not really unless you need more monitor support.

Other than that, only the NEWEST cards - offer VP9 decode acceleration and h.265.

Which should be an issue except for 4K videos.

R8 please.

Yeah, this month I have to apply new thermal paste and will lose a good half a day on the pc disassembling, cleaning and assembling back with better cable management.
The foam is something that I'm trying out, It's mainly for dampening everywhere where there are fans. Helps with the sound and vibration, then again I do not care how bad it looks inside as long as it gets the job done.

Another pic related, in a very archaic manner I isolated the two 12 cm fan holes on the side door with foam to help creating a decent wind tunnel from the front to back and help reduce the noise a bit more.

Also raised considerably the top front fan so the upper half of the case can have a decent airflow as well. Since doing this I got temperatures as low as 43ºc on the GPU (not on load obviously) to the point of its fan always being off by itself until it is actually on load.

I hope the RX 480 is good. Nvidia is in dire need of competition.

nice

10/10 Good job

Get a red cooler and case fans plus paint the ssd's red and it'll look perfect

lazy edition

put my 980ti classified (used EK-FC780 GTX Classy) on water around december, been sitting like this since then. don't feel like doing a case mod nor buying a new case so it'll sit like this until it falls and fans break.

and yeah too lazy for proper loop. the corsair loop is doing it's job, could remove it and add to the ek, I just don't give a fuck until next/new build. If i ever do another.

I posted last night in stupid questions about an issu. The screen ot all fucked up, white lones and squares dominate the boot up sequence, followed by black unresponsiveness. How likely is it the graphics card, and is it wise to go into bios remove it, remove the card and reinstall it?

am I the only one getting a bit fucking bored seeing the same thread with same pictures every day?

Pic related

it's why i posted my lazy edition.

I think i might pull the trigger on a 750D airflow. I could mod my current case, i just don't feel like hacking shit up with a die-grinder.

Babby's very first build.
In hindsight, I fucked a lotta things up, but it's still my first and I love her.

I5 6600k
Asus z170 pro gaming
Asus fury strix gpu
Corsair vengeance 8gb
Corsiar rm 850 psu
Corsair h100i
Samsung evo 1tb ssd
Samsung pro 256gb m.2

just dug the paperwork out for my PSU, 7 yr warranty about up. fuck the case, time for a new PSU i guess.

positioning, lets you get the cables behind the motherboard easier and gets an extra 2 inches or so

Sup Forumsuys britbong here.

trying to build my first rig after like 3 years, it's better just to buy the parts online right?

I've been checking logicalincrements and they say that 1070 or 480 is coming soon and to wait for it. I was aiming to build a pc with a gtx 960 in.

Also, I was given a case, just the case. I think it's mini-atx, is it worth to keep or just sell it and buy a new one?

k thnx guys

I really like this build user.

Give us a picture of the back of the case, then I can tell you what to buy

My guts.

Pentium 4,running XP.

and the front

It's best to wait for the RX 480, 980/1070 performance for £150 (estimate, may be up to £200). Zen might be good, but nothing is revealed yet. You can get a 4670 from CeX for £100, and a 3570 for £70, and a 1TB drive for £20. Ebay is alright in the country price wise, but not much is on there

Import from Germany, it's cheaper there

Your GPU is near death. Replace it.

Thanks a lot.

according to your pic you're running longhorn, i can't remember but i thought that was pretty much the beta for vista.

I forgot updating it,but I reinstalled XP SP3.

Update: I remove the graphics card and put it back in. Works like a charm now. Should I still activate the warranty?

always if you want/need to RMA a product

You should activate the warranty,artefacts at first then working okay doesn't sound good to me. Likely BGA chipset starts to get bad.

yeah. What card is it/What manufacturer?

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card

I was switching from Minecraft to my other PC using synergy when it glitched out, so that's why I'm asking. If it happens again I'll definitely send it back. Currently backing up all my files.

yeah then. EVGA has a great return policy

sent some sweets or shit in the box, apparently that yields better rewards

jelly desu senpai

can't find that board anywhere now unless i want to spend stupid money acquiring one

Stuck some fresh RAM in and just waiting for some case mod parts to come in to finish my gayming machine.