Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kfei/slack-cleaner
tox.chat
blog.tox.im/2016/04/01/litigation/
blog.tox.chat/2015/07/current-situation-3/
blog.tox.im/2016/04/01/litigation
about.mattermost.com)
threema.ch/en
blogs.uni-paderborn.de/sse/2014/05/09/easily-extracting-encrypted-messages-from-threema-textsecure-and-co/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey OP, go spend some time with your sister. Maybe buy her a kitkat if you're not too broke.

are you trying to be funny? I'm trying get my friends off of this russian botnet

For real though go spend some time with her. Don't you miss her?

Its not a botnet but they did ruin it by adding useless features no one uses.

Signal is probably the only decent secure messenger left.

>Signal
but is that the most secure?

Signal.

Most likely.

someone help. how do I batch delete slack messages? I found this:
github.com/kfei/slack-cleaner

but I have no idea how to use it

I can install ubuntu on a VM, but I have no idea how to get this thing working. please save me from the botnet of slack

How does it violate your privacy, user? Wasn't data encrypted only sent between peers?

why not tox? is it really less secure than signal? (signal doesn't even have a desktop app, just a chrome app, chrome is botnet)
tox.chat

>Signal
>unironically using google play services
>not using LibreSignal
>not using FOSS only

wat

blog.tox.im/2016/04/01/litigation/

is this true?

Theoretically the transport medium shouldn't matter if the encryption is any good.

>LibreSignal
is there a good alternative that uses LibreSignal?

blog.tox.chat/2015/07/current-situation-3/
>... forced the Tox development team to disassociate itself from the Tox Foundation, along with its sole board member, Sean Qureshi (aka Stqism, aka AlexStraunoff, aka NikolaiToryzin). We learned by Sean’s own admission that he “took a loan against the Tox Foundation”, and used the entirety of the foundation’s funds on personal expenses completely unrelated to the project.

so, not a single messaging service can be trusted? how can someone trust Signal when their only desktop option is a browser extension?

>blog.tox.im/2016/04/01/litigation
>Mar 31 2016
>2016/04/01/
April 1st

click on the (NSA) link, see this

If anything, tox is trying to be *more* secure by attempting to hide metadata by being fully distributed and using onion routing. I wish it was more popular so its implementation could get some independent audit.

tfw no sister

Even Chinese messaging app support end to end encryption

can I just install Mattermost (about.mattermost.com) on a Raspberry pi and be done with it? storing everything locally, with no external server or service to worry about?

Yeah but
a. They haven't been audited
b. They don't use AES
c. They are subject, like WhatsApp and Telegram, to SS7 spoofing (and maybe other kinds too)

use fucking irccloud.

Signal

Is this better than AndChat?

I don't know about andchat but I don't think you can find anything better than irccloud.

see >how can someone trust Signal when their only desktop option is a browser extension?

>IRC Client
>Need to register
what?

>IRC
>secure

it offers bnc that's why you gotta register

Wickr is what I use. Signal doesn't work for what I need it to and it doesn't have a PC version.

>Wickr
how secure tho?

No support for other server?

End-to-end crypto, warrant canary, servers outside the us, the bits that matter to security are open sourced

is it really better than telegram?

You want secure, go make your own. Every fucking program wants some kind of data eventually, whether it is bullied by larger companies or policed by governments

I picked up telegram and nobody I know used it, and they didn't want to join.

Wickr, they did. And a decent amount of people use it.

My condolences.

threema.ch/en

anyone know anything about this thing?

> b. They don't use AES
that's actually a feature
AES is a form of Rijndael created by the
you guessed it
NSA
the cryptographic scheme that knowledgable people would recommend (despite it's lack of hardware support) is ChaCha20-Poly1305 w/ curve25519. Designed by DJB from the ground up to maximize security. Highest quality crypto there is senpai.

... why on earth are they using XSalsa20 over ChaCha20? ChaCha20 just made shit faster...

>Threema
blogs.uni-paderborn.de/sse/2014/05/09/easily-extracting-encrypted-messages-from-threema-textsecure-and-co/

>blogs.uni-paderborn.de/sse/2014/05/09/easily-extracting-encrypted-messages-from-threema-textsecure-and-co/
did you even read that lol

Those Chinese software are also:
a. audited (by Chinese police)
b. support AES

>Threema

>no desktop app

definitely not a fanboy but that would fail on iphones.

just mind opening your own irc server and connect to it via irccloud or install threema and don't mess around with any other app you don't know anything about so you won't fuck anything up.

>threema
no desktop (windows) app

>irccloud
>secure
>provacy
kek

>irccloud
>secure
>privacy
kek

No, but it's the most secure one that is as easy as install+use. Not trying to be a dick, but if you have to ask, Signal is definitely the best option for you. (And really, it is good enough for 99+% of cases)

But regular Signal requires google framework services
No closed source crap on my phone please

An alternative what? LibreSignal is an alternative to Signal. But theres a websocket version that doesn't use google framework services. So you don't need googles crap on your phone to use it.

>no actual blog updates since February
rip

Signal

XMPP w/ Conversations