Windows 10

So what's it like for you windows 7 users to be able to launch Spotify without waiting TEN FUCKING MINUTES, at which point it shits the bed so hard that you're forced to hard shut down? Must be nice. (4690k/7200RPM/8GB)

Not to mention how launching chrome will actually slow down the computer so badly for about a minute that my music actually begins to start cutting out. Yet cpu usage is at regular levels.

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THIS BAD

this bait isn't funny anymore.
fuck off and install gentoo.

>spotify
>chrome
>windows
NORMIE
GET

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You might have fucked your install

It's painful to read words from someone so oblivious.

>Implying Spunkify doesn't run like shit on any operating system because it's an un-optimized bloated piece of shit written in fucking Python and Java.

You should be more mad at software devs for not giving a fuck.

Who uses fucking Spotify or any music player when youtube exists?

>10 minutes
user, I just timed this on my 2600k, launching from an SSD

>3.4 seconds from first click to full initialisation

>Wants to stream music
>Streams a video

Not OP, I use it because its pratical and I like their suggestion algorithm, do you have a substitute with that feature (with the same quality)?

I just closed and relaunched chrome with multiple tabs open while playing music

No skip

Build a better rig faggot

Use mps-youtube or mpv+youtube-dl if ypu want to stream just the audio.

>>>/reeedit/

Should I update when it's free?
t: goy

Yeah, just disable all the features you dont want when it asks you in setup

Unless you want to go full tinfoil, you're not gonna escape all data collection. Windows 7 is going to be LE BOTNET XDD soon.

this is a bait but w/e, maybe someone will read it
>Not to mention how launching chrome will actually slow down the computer so badly for about a minute that my music actually begins to start cutting out.
time to check ur hdd and sata cable; open resource monitor and check response times

>using a spinning drive in WIndows 10
also Windows upgrades always suck, that's why you do the "reset my PC" option in Windows 10 after getting your free upgrade, so Windows installs clean but migrates your files/folders.

here
Also the spotify client for windows is total shit, if I go past February 2016 on my client (and it automatically updates) it says every song isn't available even though I have premium, this makes no sense. I've tried all the troubleshooting they've suggested and nothing works.

Agile software development, everyone!

>8gb of ram
>thinks that's in any way enough to run a modern PC

I don't have any issues with my windows 10, maybe its because intel drivers suck.

Microsoft is also allowing computers with clear issues on hardware to upgrade to Windows 10, which is a bad idea.

Example: I built my parents a Core 2 Duo build in 2007. Ran vista fine when I built it, upgraded to 7 fine later (clean install). But it had hardware that was considered EOL by Intel (chipset) and AMD (graphics card). No drivers existed for 10, only "basic functionality" drivers on Windows update

It upgraded to ten and performed fucking horribly.

Now it's trying to upgrade my father's PC (Core 2 Quad built in 2008, Win7, with Intel 9 series RAID controller in RAID1) and Intel says the RAID is not even supported on WIndows 10. I could easily see the RAID not surviving the attempt so I ran Never10 to block Windows 10 upgrade via Group Policy.

Plenty of hardware built in the last four years or so can run 10 fine, but there NEEDS to be a cutoff on hardware support, and Microsoft is NOT doing an adequate job for this.

>uses chrome, actually lags
Use K-Meleon

>spinning hard drive
Get an SSD you faggot

>actually uses spotify
SoulSeek and Foobar

>Windows 10
Windows 7 and Never10

I have a Windows 7 with all the updates until April, it was a ISO. I ran the aegis script, installed all I need and pulled the internet cable from that bitch. I do my browsing on my laptop, it's perfect. So, if you don't update Windows 7, it will be fine, but it's still a botnet, it's made by Microsoft.

Oh wow this is still alive

>FUCKING SOULSEEK

> slow down the computer so badly for about a minute that my music actually begins to start cutting out
> Not having your audio player set to realtime priority.
You dont deserve music then.

How do

start /realtime path_name_of_your_player

Or just set in inside the player if it supports it. My ancient version of Winapm does.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
I spent 1200 on this fucking computer why does it run like it's from 2003

TASK MANAGER (NOT REPSONDING)

You know, all that spying shit needs resourses too

how about a speccy
what drivers have you installed yet
did you install a 32 bit or 64 bit edition
did you properly clock your RAM in the BIOS/UEFI
did you keep the system in AHCI mode for SATA, if so did you use the proper driver during install
what hard drive/SSD is windows hooked up to

I don't even know anymore

Open resource monitor, bottom of the performance tab of task manager. Something is using up all your disk utilization, which means everything else has to compete (wait) for access to the drive.

Is it an SSD or hard drive?

WD blue 1tb (only drive)
Sapphire 390x
8gb G.SKILL 1600mhz
Msi b85 g43 (Dogshit budget motherboard)
Asus Vn248 (1080p/60hz)

>WD Blue
Some of these are 7200RPM, some are 5400RPM. You're going to suffer sometimes if it's the lower of the two. Your task manger shows that you have zero CPU and network utilization but 100% absolutely exhausted network utilization.

If you sort in task manager or resource monitor within windows on the disk column for highest to lowest, you might get a better idea of what process is consuming all of your I/O to that drive. Without further data, it would just be speculation.

Oh it's 64 bit
I haven't really done any of that other stuff, but what does the driver during install mean?

When installing windows on your PC, did you have to load a SATA driver from a USB drive, or were you able to install without doing so?

No i used a disk

Disk* utilization, not network.
I would bet money that the issue is being caused by index problems

Okay, so you installed a SATA driver and had your mobo in AHCI mode.

You need to go to resource monitor and see what is using all your disk active time, this is what is slowing down your PC.

>Disk* utilization, not network.
Mea culpa, it's what I meant (but I did not type the correct thing, brain crossed on that one).

Always install from USB, bro
You dun goofed

Didn't have another pc to get win 10 on, didn't see another option

I used to have this issue with every new install of windows 8. I fixed it by resetting the index and letting it idle for a few hours. Dont know if that'll help with 10.

>tfw doing fine with 4gb