Why should I learn C?

Why should I learn C?

You should learn C to write programs in C.

Because

So you can be an elitist Sup Forums shitposter

This is not 2001. Learn Python.

everything you learn to do with C can be applied to other programming languages.

Or you could directly learn language that is actually used in these days. No wonder that majority of Sup Forums has no job, it is time to stop dwell in past.

This

>C
>not used
Wtf am I reading? Are you under the impression that embedded devices do not exist?

If you hafta ask then you probably won't get anything out of it. Go learn JS or Python and keep your head low.

Well, I don't think it's easy to become embedded systems programmer, but becoming a web developer is.

I've been both and both were equally hard (or easy) to become.

Fun fact: I actually wrote C++ code when I worked as a backend webdev

That's exactly like being foreign and asking "Why should I learn english"? Then making a bunch of arguments about French being more beautiful, German being easier to understand, and Chinese being the language of the future.

Yes, but for the sake of standardization it's far better for all of us if we all speak a common and simple language. Same for C.

(inb4 skullface)

I would learn php or python because they have a really high demand today. C is still used for some things but in the next 10 years a more advanced language will be produced to replace it.

>Yes, but for the sake of standardization it's far better for all of us if we all speak a common and simple language.
You mean Chinese.

Chinese is not a spoken language, I think you mean Mandarine which is the most spoken Chinese language.

Tell me your story how did you become an embedded developer.

I found out I didn't want to stay web dev forever (the company was really nice, the colleagues were nice but the task were just dull). Searched around for interesting jobs, went to a couple of interviews, asked someone I studied with if he knew about anything, he said that they were currently hiring where he was working so I applied there, got that job.

It should be noted that I had to accept a lower pay and virtually no benefits (whereas my web dev job had loads of benefits + bonus) to get that job though, because embedded jobs are severely underpaid.

The irony is that there are not many of those jobs around, so the employers that do offer these jobs know that they can drop the salary really low and there will always be some sucker (like me) willing to work there.

Java Script is the way to go

Gotta be honest, learning programming languages is mostly about learning the paradigm associated with it. Once you learn the philosophies underlying the language it kind of doesn't matter if you learned it at all.

Most languages share the same core syntax.

>2016
>Speaking a fruit

it's like archlinux, if you don't have/want a job, it's a good language

>Well, I don't think it's easy
That is why those jobs are not so frequently outsourced to India.

Want a programmer job? Want to keep it too?Learn C. Or see your jobs evaporate and go to India.

Because you want to. If you needed to you wouldnt need excuses.

Because bitches love C

I think you mean Fortran user