I need a laptop that will last through all 3 years of law school. Macbook pro vs beefed out lenovo t460. Lay it on me

I need a laptop that will last through all 3 years of law school. Macbook pro vs beefed out lenovo t460. Lay it on me.

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T460s-Core-i7-WQHD-Ultrabook-Review.161028.0.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go fuck yourself you fucking degenerate homo.

MacBook pro for

>Better build quality
>Better trackpad
>Better screen
>Better support
>Faster flash
>Lighter
>More girls

All of that is false, macs are for homosexuals.

>You can only go by my opinion, and nothing else! If I think Macs are for homos, then Macs are immediately for homos!!!

pc wins again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 XD

He's right. I'm gay myself and use a mac, the UI is just so pretty. Only people I see use macs in my uni are girls and other gay dudes. Mostly gay dudes. They probably dress better than most girls too.

Do you care about battery life? Then get a T460 or an X260.
Do you want OS X? Get a macbook pro
Do you want a "Retina display" get a macbook pro

It all depends on what you do. If all you do is type shit all day and nothing more (maybe a little YouTube/Netflix here and there) then get the T460 or the X260.

This.

>Do you care about battery life? Then get a T460 or an X260.

Worth noting that Macbooks also have top tier battery life and they don't weigh 10 pounds to achieve it

proofs?

>Implying anyone on Sup Forums has ever actually spoken to a girl before

The T460 and the X260 both beat out the macbook in battery life. Stop meming,

I'm not an anti-mac shill either as I'm buying a 15 inch memebook pro this year.

Can we get a single thread that summers won't degenerate into shitposting?
Seen a few X260s around my workplace, they were pretty light.

Buy a macbook pro and you will be fine.

I didn't say they didn't, but the MacBook objectively has top tier battery life.

Half a pound doesn't mean much to most people, but yes you are right they have pretty damn good battery life.

I'm in grad school (PhD program) now and I would get a rMBP (again). You're going to be reading a lot (most likely even more than me) and if you're doing that on your computer you're going to want a display that's easy on the eyes. That means a high density screen and whatever operating system scales shit well. That's generally OS X.

Someone's going to say that Windows scales just fine, but my sense from the Surface 3 that MSR gave me last summer is that it's not as good as OS X.

Battery life is good with the rMBPs (13 and 15"), but if you're concerned you can rest reasonably assured that someone in any randomly selected group of ~10 will have a magsafe charger (not that you should be going around bumming off other people, but if you're up a creek, at least people will have something for you).

The chances of someone having the right kind of Lenovo AC adapter are much lower because all PC manufacturers haven't consolidated onto a single standard (yet (unfortunately)).

battery life, typing quality, and screen quality all seem like the three most important criteria for you, and while we can't get a thinkpad keyboard on a "retina" display running OS X, you *can* buy a thinkpad USB keyboard or just a standard mechanical keyboard for your apartment/home and plug in to that when you're at home. That's what I do.

Also, honestly, the rMBP keyboard isn't bad. I've written hundreds of pages worth of text on mine and it's not as responsive as my mechanical keyboard but it's definitely familiar and responsive enough for long periods of typing.

Thanks, this is helpful.

Wow, thanks! That is exactly what I needed to hear. Good luck on your PhD!

forgot to post this.

I had a T510 until ~2012 and the keyboard is quite good (almost as good as the old IBM T series keyboards - I grew up on them), so I understand the desire to keep with it.

Yeah anytime. The macbook still has amazing battery life especially considering what it brings to the table, but none of that matters if what your are going for is shear battery life. For me personally I'd get a macbook, because I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of battery life for more power and a (mildly) better display. But in your case I'd still recommend the thinkpad.

no problem, also, thanks and good luck to you too.

In my experience, it is actually pretty likely that someone in a randomly selected group of people will have a Lenovo charger, since Lenovo now uses the same connector on all of their computers.

With regards to nearly any other brand you are right though.

This might be true. I've been seeing more people with Lenovo computers these days, so you have a higher probability of finding a match. I think the gap at this point is mostly the result of two factors:
- fracturing: PC users aren't all using Thinkpads, so those that are on Dell or whatever else will never converge on that same plug, and
- delay: some people still use older Thinkpads, so those aren't on the same (more modern) connector

Honestly, I'm just waiting for everyone to get to USB 3.1; I can't wait for
1) high wattage USB power hubs (like pictured, but higher wattage) becoming more common (I'd carry one of these around if one existed that could output ~100 watts a la USB 3.1
2) laptops using USB 3.1 type C to charge

If I could just carry a USB cable around (or someday maybe not even that) and still be reasonably confident that I could plug into some place and charge up my laptop, that would be the dream. Better still if I could conceivably carry a battery pack when I travel and top off my laptop in a real pinch.

But the requirements are insane at this point; even charging a Macbook (non pro) at "full speed" requires a 29W charger, and so few of those exist (the only good one I see online these days is from Apple). I see Anker power hubs that go up to 13W (for something like an iPad Pro), but tests suggest that charging a Macbook on that is unbelievably slow-going. It's better than nil, but barely.

T460s
it even comes with 3yr warranty, so if it dies, you'll get a new one.

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T460s-Core-i7-WQHD-Ultrabook-Review.161028.0.html

>Do you want a "Retina display" get a macbook pro
>Retina

nice meme.. eh ..buzzword.

I'll rephrase that for the autists out there, if you want a high resolution 2880*1800 display get the macbook pro. If you want a semi decent 1080p screen go thinkpad.

Wait for new macbooks

can you please kill yourself?

Macs and anything Apple related are for technology illiterate people.

>2880*1800
No visual difference at 15" at realistic distances, while wasting lots of precious battery life and GPU performance.

The idea is the increased workspace, especially vertically for reading text, user. Not Pixel density

>The Pyramid of Things Nobody Cares About

Law student here with a 13" rMBP.
Absolutely no regrets. The build quality and battery life are absolutely fantastic, and the writing software Ulysses has been really helpful for writing essays with my country's legal citation formatting.
I have windows installed on a bootcamp partition and literally the only time i've needed to use it was to jailbreak my phone.

>MacBook pro for

>overheating
>throttling
>800mhz
>100 degrees celcius
>2 hour battery life
>glossy cancer screen
>unreadable daylight display
>burns your testicles off

It is most definitely noticeable, you must have cataracts of something. Once you own something with a HiDPI display you literally can't go back. Standard displays look like pixelated garbage.

tl;dr don't listen to any fa/g/gots on here, just get whatever you fucking want.

i get an 11 hour battery life out of mine and I've literally heard the fans activate only once

2 rupees have been deposited in your iShill account Pajeet.

>law school
>beef
Literally anything will work if you know how to use it.