Why can't Linux attract good developers for software that normal people want to use daily?

Why can't Linux attract good developers for software that normal people want to use daily?

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxfoundation.org/about/members
developer.gnome.org/hig/stable/
techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG
user-prompt.com/
forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=285
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish I knew.

Because whole open source freedom ideology is a meme. Nobody is going to work for free.

Fuck off you terrorist.

Normal people use Linux software all the time

>What is Android?
>What is Internet infrastructure?
>What are servers?
>What are various embedded devices such as toasters?

Fuck off you mudslime.

It has low market share because of lack of software, drivers and gayms. Developers don't bother creating Linux versions because of low market share. This is endless cycle and GNU/Linux is a forever hobbist junk with 1% market share.

>Why can't Linux attract good developers for software that normal people want to use daily?
Lack of Linux business analysts. Business analysts are the conduit with which the developer and the client communicate. They are the force that moderates the inflated egos and opinions of both parties.

Although Sup Forums probably thinks they're useless and Sup Forums could do a better job, this argument only reinforces the need for them.

>lack of drivers
It's funny how two display drivers suddenly represents all drivers.

i really hope you're trolling and not that retarded

>Nobody is going to work for free.
I think this is the only correct answer

Android is JAVA. Android apps don't work natively on Linux.

why can't pajeets poo in loo?

>Android is JAVA
Android is Linux. You can write programs in C and compile them for Android.

>Android apps don't work natively on Linux.
You can run Dalvik (the Android JVM) natively on Linux.

Pic related.

POOOOOO

INNNNNNNNNN

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOO IN POO

It's basically a reverse chicken-or-the-egg kind of situation:
>To get support for mainstream software requires a significant share of the market
>To gain a significant share of the market requires support for mainstream software

In relation to the picture posted by the OP: I'm glad daesh is finally showing non-muslims at large what's islam's true face is like. The "oh but they're not true muslims" the sneakier fuckers are desperately spouting is also pretty lulzworthy.

>what is NDK

you're a faggot pajeet

>Android is JAVA. Android apps don't work natively on Linux.
I love how when someone mentions the ways linux has already been successful in a lot of areas some people try their hardest to dismiss it even if they can't.

ftfy

because its broken, I'm using ubuntu atm and half of the shit doesn't work even tho it used to in the 14 version (now I'm on 16 for some reason). I can't tell why, I think its the package managers.

Whoah. Nice editing skills user, I'm very impressed.

>I don't know shit about Android
KEK

The kinds of people who are interested in programming operating systems are more interested in technical quality (efficiency, robustness, code correctness, security, etc.) than usability.

Not saying this is a good (or bad) thing, just what I have noticed.

>Nobody is going to work for free.
linuxfoundation.org/about/members
It's not software made exclusively by hobbyists, in fact most of the developers are payed employees, the big difference is that is open to collaboration for other companies and individuals and the source is visible by everyone so it can be audited by anyone.

>You can

But that's not what 99.99999999999% of Android apps are

Because it's a catch 22

It's irrelevant you dumb shit: the OS (Android) is still Linux.

Dalvik JVM is a Linux application.

>The kinds of people who are interested in programming operating systems
The kind of people who program parts of the OS like the kernel are generally not even involved in the GUI part, this is done by other people.

>are more interested in technical quality (efficiency, robustness, code correctness, security, etc.) than usability.
This depends a lot on the resources of the project but i still consider this is not true.
developer.gnome.org/hig/stable/
techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG
user-prompt.com/
forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=285

>just what I have noticed
Curiously i find most desktop environments easier to use than, for example, MS windows. I think the reason for this perception is that windows is tech at school to people when they're young as if it were the way a computer should work but some of us that putting MS in charge of what is considered "normal" is not a good idea.

Protip: Only Hindu Pajeets don't poo in the loo. OP's guy is clearly not Hindu.

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

IRRELEVANT BECAUSE ANDROID APPS ARE NOT NATIVE LINUX APPS

That is monopoly?