How bad is the NVIDIA GeForce gt 240 ?

How bad is the NVIDIA GeForce gt 240 ?

Don't even ask.

It's ok
Good enough for 2D cad and halo maybe

Any graphics card is better than nothing but these ones are not good for any recent vidya

It's got 1GiB on board so realistically it can run most games on low or medium no problem

There's a difference between bad hardware and outdated hardware

you're full of shit, guy. shit and inexperience. you're talking out of your ass. out of your ill-informed dirty asshole. typical regurgitated thoughtless hivemind comment. buying into the bullshit just because you hear it repeated over and over. probably never even fuckin experienced the immaculate perfection that is an nvidia card. just spouting the shit you hear from other know-nothing degenerate faggots who use their ugly partially-functioning PCs to illegally download mkultra mind-control hollywood crap-tainment. some shit series from hbo. some weeabitch failureface cuntfart-cartoon. laughing at your worthless-dumbfuck opinion.

It's slower than the integrated GPU on a semi-modern Intel CPU. AMD APU's too.

20 rupees for effort have been deposited in your account Pajeesh

AMD APUs and most skylake or even haswell will be better than it.

its a great card.
i remember playing avp3 with it and being able to max it out even though it only was a dx 10.1 card so everything but tesselation worked.
i have the 256mb variant.
still works decently on some games. im using it in my htpc(livingroom emulation, movie recording etc) and ive been able to play borderlands 2 on it no problem.

Leave it to a self proclaimed freetard to oversell a turd.

WOW
you're full of shit, guy. shit and inexperience. you're talking out of your ass. out of your ill-informed dirty asshole. typical regurgitated thoughtless hivemind comment. buying into the bullshit just because you hear it repeated over and over. probably never even fuckin experienced the immaculate perfection that is a mac. just spouting the shit you hear from other know-nothing degenerate faggots who use their ugly partially-functioning PCs to illegally download mkultra mind-control hollywood crap-tainment. some shit series from hbo. some weeabitch failureface cuntfart-cartoon. laughing at your worthless-dumbfuck opinion.

>nvidia
i bet you'd buy r9 270x for same price

Poo in it.

I remember when 8800, 8800GT cards rocked the world and made few guys suicide down bridges.

lulz

I've been using it for 4 or 5 years? I'm not sure. I still can play most of the games on low-med. And I have the 1GB version.

CS runs fine, so does shit like Hearthstone and LoL. However I don't even try to run modern games anymore, stuff like The Division is obv off limits and GTA IV runs like shit. But I remember Reservoir Dogs and Just Cause 2 ran fine and I enjoyed both games.

Some specs from speccy:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Model GeForce GT 240
GPU GT215
Device ID 10DE-0CA3
Revision A3
Subvendor ASUStek Computer Inc (1043)
Current Performance Level Level 3
Current GPU Clock 550 MHz
Current Memory Clock 790 MHz
Current Shader Clock 1340 MHz
Voltage 1.000 V
Technology 40 nm
Die Size 133 mm2
Release Date Nov 17, 2009
DirectX Support 10.1
OpenGL Support 4.1
Bus Interface PCI Express x16
Temperature 40 °C
Driver version 9.18.13.4181
BIOS Version 70.15.23.00.05
ROPs 8
Shaders 96 unified
Memory 1024 MB

Low end cards are initially damn near worthless considering their price but if you can get them for cheap they do have hardware decoders in them and they can handle some gaming. One advantage of them over high end cards is they never run very hot and their fans never have to spin up to max so they remain fairly quiet even under load.

If you have to ask the fuck off.

Shill.

I'm planning on buying an AMD tho

decent for video rendering, CAD and DX10 games, sure. But don't look for current gen gaming with it. I had a 230 GT - good card for it's time, and nice if you wanna make a CS:Go rig for dirt cheap, but not for current gen

I actually owned an 8800GT.

Shit was cash. I could play WoW on Max settings!

Even Nvidia shills won't even save your from this famalam so yeah It's bad.