X1 Carbon vs XPS 13 vs Surface Book

X1 Carbon vs XPS 13 vs Surface Book

Which is best?

definitely not the surface.

X1 Carbon doesn't have an sd card slot wtf

Just got a xps13 ama

doesn't have an ethernet port either, pissed me off so much when I got it

Surface book hands down if you have the money. Best ultraportable out there.

>chinese spyware
>literally nsa/windows branded device
>true american enterprise quality
Gee I wonder?

The Surface Book is the best laptop of the three, just don't expect it to be useful as a tablet. It only gets three hours of battery life separate from its base, and tablet-optimized Windows software is in a pretty dire state.

xps 15

Doesn't it come with a proprietary adapter?

I didn't get one, cheap ass Chinese bastards

Consider the x260 or t460 if you want a new thinkpad with actual ports

Shit colour accuracy, shit screen brightness, gross bezels with a recessed screen means dust will get in there

surface book doesn't even stand a chance doode

get a n xps 13 if you want something small and portable

>claims the Surface Book is the best of three choices
>then goes on about how it's not the best and points out just some of the many failures the device has
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

The one with the clit mouse
I can't image life without it

I said it was the best LAPTOP, you giant fucking mongoloid. And then I said not to count on it being a TABLET, in reference to its special gimmick in addition to being a laptop.

you know you can place the screen in the base backwards and use it like a 2 in 1 right?

Windows is shit without a keyboard.

then flip it back?
Surface book is made to be a 2 in 1 that is also detachable. If you don't like the formfactor, then ignore it and don't shit on it because you don't have a personal use for it.
I'd personally pick the Carbon for real world use, with the surface being a fun home machine.

Surface Book definitely has the best build quality since it's all metal. I have a Spectre x360 and the metal base feels very solid. Assuming you're looking at the latest 1440p models of the laptops, the Surface Book gets 10 hours of battery life compared to 7 hours for the other laptops.

As someone who works in a company where all three are used, its the XPS for sure.

>Surface book
Huge video issues
Ass garbage fucking docking station that shits itself all the time

>X1 carbon
Buying anything fucking lenovo after superfish. Honnestly we should have banned them from doing any business in America.

That leaves the XPS. In general I think the screen is a bit better as well.

xps 13 also doesn't have an ethernet port

There is almost no circumstance wherein a Windows tablet is useful. I tried. I went to Best Buy, and I got on their demo Surface Pro, and I went looking for touch- optimized apps to cover my use cases. I had a lot of trouble finding good apps, especially a comic book reader, which is particularly sad because comic reading is a basic media consumption task that is often considered to be one of the best uses for a tablet.

tl;dr Windows tablets are hot garbage, and you might as well pretend that the Surface Book can't even be a tablet.

>Surface Book
3:2
Your choice is pretty clear
The most versatile device

Surface book is hands down best at the top SKU

XPS 13 is better for the money.

I had this decision as well but basically it came down to I chose the XPS 13 because I would have to spend 1000 dollars to get an equivalent model.

That said, I work with surface books at my job and they are the single nicest tablet/laptop combo ever.

Well worth the money, if you have it.

fuck everything, I guess

Are you actually retarded?

This is actually the only reason I'm even considering it

I would wait and get the Zenbook 3.

.46 inches thick and 1.9 lbs with usb-c thunderbolt3 and pcie ssd.

>Zenbook 3
Except nobody wants a fucking gold or blue laptop.

I'm still hoping they release a model without the gold trim, so fucking tacky christ..

When does it come out

i have no idea, but i guess i would go with X1 carbon for price per performance.

Jul-Sept at the latest.