Prove this wrong

Prove this wrong

You're not wrong, C was depreciated by C#. and Java replaces the other two

Troll thread, sage, report, and ignore

Dude, who the fuck uses C in 2016? I'm studying CS and Software Engineering and we don't learn that shit, you wanna know why? Because it fucking blows now. They started us out with basic assembly and worked us up to real languages like C++, C# and Java.

>sage
>does not sage

Why are you using words you do not understand

>depreciated
deprecated you tard
they're separate words

>java replaces the other two
HA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

never laughed like this before

same fucking faggot

>Look Sup Forums! I laugh at people who like java because I don't like it!
>posts 8 trillion lines of HAHA

i refuse to believe this is anything but bait

Python isn't bad. Perl had its purpose and was replaced by php. They aren't really on the same level:
Perl is a web language
Python is a scripting language
C is a system language

what is python and perl for again?

read

I do use C. Ask me how much I make a year.

You and your vidya langs can fuck right off.

how much do u make a year?
also, what can you do with c?

Whenver you find any "systemic stuff" being discussed C turns into the lingua franca. Be it crypto, embedded stuff, networking, or whatever I find that people quickly turn into discussing it using C examples.

>Perl is line noise
>Python is fractured
>C was a mistake
Fixed that for you. OP is mostly right.

Video games often require use of assembly. It's actually pretty intensive stuff.

Not the guy that you are replying but also do work with C. Being a young dev I found that most of the C market is made of older devs that, of course go for higher salaries. So it's way easier to get good money quickly going with C.

Lol no. It did in the 90s when it was all rendering sprites with just the CPU, and people squeezed every drop of performance out of x86, but not anymore since we have a clusterfuck of different GPUs.

Did Guido van Rossum say why he didn't include an "Option Explicit" like option in Python, i.e. an option to require explicit variable declarations? It would be helpful for larger programs.

98k last year

Work:
Medical and machinery embedded systems

Hobbies:
>Compiler
>Profiler
>Dialect

Being replaced by PHP of all things says very bad stuff about Perl.

>98k

I'm making 73k/yr with benefits at 24 writing perl code, and this is entry level. All my team members are 2-3 tiers higher than me and said as long as everything I touch isn't a complete fucking disaster, I should be on track to hitting 90k in the next two years.

Best of all, they don't care about my [spoiler]piercings[/spoiler]

>not even six figures

and you made such a dramatic thing about it

Roller coaster tycoon is god tier, shit was black magic, but games
aren't the abstraction layers on a game engine m8

A good percentage of gamedev is scripting and using a library

I don't remember anybody telling that Perl was good with compelling arguments.

and if you believe something without compelling arguments from some user on Sup Forums you aren't very clever yourself

I expected a similar answer, that why I mentioned last year salary.

Current:
137k - Director/Senior System Engineer

> get rekt fuccboi

Sup Forums, keep learning C

c is a low level high efficiency language for embedded shit
python is for scripts when you need adaptable things working yesterday
perl is for if you if want to make your self indispensable to the company through code obscurity

>perl is for if you if want to make your self indispensable to the company through code obscurity
That is stupid. It is easy to find a well paid job in Europe and America for a software engineer or a software developer. You are just making your life worse using Perl like that.

>ha-HA! I was merely pretending to be retarded!
You're not fooling anyone, laddy.

seems like people are quickly turning their back on C due to the constant CVEs

and yet this is how perl gets used.

>Dude, who the fuck uses C in 2016?
Oh I don't know....
The Linux KERNEL?
The BSD KERNEL?
Apache?
Nginx?
MySQL?
Postgres?
Postfix?
Dovecot?
gdb?
gcc?
Drivers?
git?
large swaths of unix utilities?

TIL earning just under 100k a year is tantamount to being mentally disabled

I was joking...

More like I laugh at people who think a bytecode based language with a VM is in anyway comparable to interpreted scripting languages.

Code obfuscation is not a joke, Jim. Millions of unfactorable lines of codes get rewritten every year.

>Deprecated

my bad, I will never forget the 6 gazilion lines of perl mumbo-jumbo that get produced every day

So large amounts of legacy codebases that, if started today, would have majorly benefited from avoiding C.

>also, what can you do with c?
A better question is:
What can't you do with C?

>git
>legacy
Well memed

>keep learning an objectively shit language because muh industry standards lel

This is bait, right?
Yea, that's bait.

Why use C as a kernel when you can use java as a kernel?

You know android? 99% of it is coded in java, and its the most popular operating system in the world

>java
>kernel
FFS pick an actual systems language. It's not hard to find one that improves on C.

and why C# and java compilers still made in C/C++?

Write safe, bug free, easily maintainable, easily reasoned about code. :^)

>The BSD KERNEL?
There's actually several.

Careful now, you're baiting harder than I did when I first saw a tit at 13.

Because real man are not writting administrative dumb software, they are making embeded high performance firmware for embeded devices that not only requires monkey skills, they require math, electronics and know how to use low level features, also writing your shitty C# and java compilers.

Use ASCII strings with the standard library. :^)

Allocate an array whose length is only known at runtime on the stack. :^)

>director

Don't you have some KPI paradigms to rapidly deliver on, rather than shitposting on Sup Forums?

modules
nested functions

Use printf debugging and be guaranteed to easily track down where the source line causing the crash is. :^)

Yeah, and it took the engineering resources of one of the biggest tech companies on the planet five major releases over many years with their own heavily modified JVM before it started to run at an acceptable speed.

I don't know if you are trolling or really have not idea about C programming, how do you think higher level languages do that, magically (lot of them are implemented in C)

Hire programmers who have spent their entire careers programming in OO languages.

for people like this I hate summer.

The ones that are implemented in C? Under the hood, they don't. Simple as that.

>he doesn't understand the full implications of undefined behaviour

MAXIUM BAITING

he is a retard who doesn't know a simple principle that all variables must be initialized to avoid undefined behaviour.

Pass arrays to functions. :^)

alloca or use C99

Java is superior to any C variant. Just look at minecraft. The original java verison is miles better than the windows 10 version coded in c++.

and why isn't the java machine and windows 10 wrote in Java?

That's more like it. You can't make your troll bait too subtle, or people might actually believe it.

please

i have like 50 (You)'s in this thread already, i'm on fire and my work here is done

WebOS was written in Java. So is firefox OS.

Don't fucking reply to me again if you're going to mindlessly bash one of the most successful programming languages of all time.

Have well defined floating point behaviour. :^)

Index an array from Olive to Potato. :^)

Change C with C++ and Perl with PHP.

Have the compiler pack an array of booleans into unsigned ints using bitmasks in a portable manner. :^)

>WebOS was written in Java. So is firefox OS

Do you even know what are you saying?, webOS and firefox OS are linux based they are made in C/C++ and uses JAVASCRIPT which IS NOT JAVA for user apps.

Teach a realtime embedded programming class and have a majority of the students complete any non-trivial assignment you set. :^)

I have news for you java != javascript.

Now that is a subtle troll, basically every part of his comment was false and yet someone still believed he was being genuine.

Get gf :^(

are you kidding me?, C is the best way to create a gf

Have type checked separate compilation of program units. :^)

No one ever said pearl was good.

pythog is overrated, its just such a hype because its taught at US schools

Perl was good once, but nowadays its just bloatware

I don't think anyone's ever said Perl was good. It's useful, usually available, but write only.

Python can be useful, but in the long run it's not a substitute for knowing what you're doing.

Generally speaking, there's nothing wrong with C.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

C++ and C compilers aren't made in themselves too

I get paid 160k a year to sit around and dick around with COBOL.

I make 150k as an HTML/CSS developer. Get fucked.

You're new so I'll let you off with a warning kid. Fuck off

Thinking about C?

Go java.

Thinking about C++

Go rust ( or go).

Anything else:
python
ruby
sql

How's that poo in loo coming along

yes they are

Java is too big to fail. It's going to be around for a LONG ass time.