I don't got you fam

Friend handed me $600 and said "Make me a gaming PC, senpai"

He says he needs "big ram and graphics"

Looking for suggestions Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/GY4XsJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tell him to either up his budget, or buy a console.

it's not hard, you can get 16 gb ram and 2 gb vram + 1 ghz clock with that much

Wow. What an original post. We certainly don't get this thread every hour. No siree.

>2016
>still buying ink cartridges
>not modding your printer to a continuous ink system
KEK

Sweet mother of GOD, he said it has to be a laptop, and changed his budget to $800. Should I just end my life now?

Probably

Eat a bag of nigger dicks

Pocket the money

64 GB of RAM. Everything else is trivial.

He's not your friend.

>Friend handed me $600 and said "Make me a gaming PC, senpai"
>He says he needs "big ram and graphics"
>Looking for suggestions Sup Forums
Get him big ram and graphics, obviously

Just get him 2 gb of ram and tell him he can down ram online

>gaming laptop

Absolutely disgusting

This guy is complaining about space issues. I'm wondering how to make a Desktop that looks like a "laptop"

Kill yourself

Talk him into Mini-ITX? You'll still have trouble on a budget that low.

We all know what a bad purchase a high-spec gaming laptop is.

Talk to him about Zen and Vega and Kaby Lake. Convince him that this is the worst possible time to buy a PC and he should wait - and save - another six months at least.

That gives you six months to find a way to stop being friends with him. Should be easy enough.

yeah hi his "friend" here

dudes making me out to be an asshole.

I specified immediately that I need a laptop that can handle gaming. Nothing heavy, just like enough for like moderate First Person Shooters or shit like that.

I don't need it to be BIG MONEY ALIENWARE tier shit man, I live on my family member's sofa for the time being and my laptop [which was given to me as a gift, with a warrenty] has officially been declared "unfixable" and so they're sending me the 800.90$ that it was worth, back.

Shit was a Toshiba S55-A5295 which has 12 GB of RAM a 1TB 5400 RPM HDD, an i7 Processor, and some shitty fucking nvidia graphics card. 2 years old now.

So the warranty company is basically like "hey we can't fuckin fix it heres 800$" and so I'm working with that. This guy knowing a thing or two about computers was my first go-to to ask, and then he's like "Don't worry buddy I'll make you a thread" and tries to make me look like a complete douche bag, while providing me literally zero help.

All I need is a laptop that can do at LEAST as much as that fucking Toshiba can, while ideally NOT being a Toshiba, and costing 800$ or less.

Fucking it. Didn't tell him to build shit.

You will have to go mini-atx or micro-atx. Try to (gently) explain to your friend that gaming laptops are alot more expensive because they are all prebuild. It would be in his best intrest to get a gaming desktop and a cheap laptop for word & excel and youtube... Else he'll be stuck with a cheap gaming laptop. Have a look at incremental upgrades on google for parts advice.

Look up laptops on your budget then you fag. It's not hard to look up "800 shekels gaymin laptop" on amazon or newegg.

ok u fucking mongoloid I'm gonna reiterate my laptop is rip so I'm having to use basically trash to do any level of searching

so I asked my tech-savvy friend who isn't limited to smart phone or half baked potato for googling 800$ machines

p.s. found a 600$ toshiba, fucking pocketing the last 200

>depending on others that much
>and then calling them mongoloids
This baby seems a little upset, go back to you manchild

>2gb vram
>gaming pc

Yeah.

Tell him that you don't speak broke.
He needs to pony up $900 minimum, $1200 preferred, or fuck off with his unreasonable demands.

You're wasting money on a half-assed gaming system while financially dependent on others and couch surfing as a result.

Prolonging on an impulsive and uninformed whim is exploiting their good will.

Confirmed for asshole.

Tell us what part of this isn't meant to sound manipulative or entitled user?

welcome to Sup Forums where everybody is a complete douchebag.

now git gud, douchebag.

i just built a system with an i5 and a hd 7870 for $200

if you can't at least double my performance (25fps avg in unigene heaven on ultra tess/1080 - you get 50fps) with three times my budget then you should just kill yourself

The bar has been set

pcpartpicker.com/list/GY4XsJ
Have fun!

this is a great example of why you don't buy new

get some used parts off craigslist OP. you can do much better if you go used

>Craigslist

90% people there overvalue their used shit. I've seen 6 year old graphic cards there for $400+ when even integrated graphics outperformed it

>"That's what its worth, i bought it for $500 6 years ago, but didnt use it so much so its totally worth $400"

the 10% that don't are worth it though. you can get some great deals if you have a little bit of a backbone to haggle with and are ready to wait a couple of days for something good to show up

But if you buy all new, you shift the market away from prebuilt PCs.

You're right. Just good for people to know, that some over value like crazy, and its hard to make them see the real price.

A guy expecting 400$ wont easily go down to $20 even if its the real price.

>tfw i5-4430 and gtx960 with 2gb vram
>main gaming and everything-rig