What's wrong with pic related?

What's wrong with pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/676664/
techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>matte gradients
>shitty icons
Pajeet XP knockoff.

it's not Gnome 3

>16:9

it is not manjaro

why is so that OP is a fag using mint

They suck at security.
If you really want Cinnamon use it with something else. It's a DE you can slap it on another distro.

They just tried too hard. IKR

I wanted to try something besides Ubuntu. I've tried RHEL, OpenSUSE, and similar shit. Ubuntu is the only distro I've used the longest.

>Linux
>Security
LEL

The only thing wrong with it is that it is popular and easy to use, that means the hipsters on Sup Forums hate it, period.

>Edgy fag lord who's probably running Windows kek

Yeah, I dual-boot. Problem with that?

>not using xfce

lwn.net/Articles/676664/

That is retarded.

>why didn't the take the shit offline when nothing other than a link was compromised and if you have had actually checked the hash before installing you would have seen they didn't match

If your hipster ass cared about security, like you claim, you would have checked that shit before installing. It's not even hard to find it on the page. Now fuck off.

>didn't bother reading the whole article
Also what was stopping the hackers from changing the md5?

Of course I didn't bother with the rest of the article. When the article opens with the author saying stupid shit and betraying his complete lack of understanding, it destroys his credibility and any reason to read the rest of that shit.

>What was stopping the sky from turning into Jell-O Pudding.

Doesn't fucking matter because it didn't happen. And even if they did change it, the MD5 would no longer match the images being transferred over Torrents and people would have immediately noticed anyway.

Like I said, if you actually cared about security, and not just being a hipster parroting shit you have heard others say, you would have already known all of this.

You act like Linux security is so bad but you run an operating system that is vulnerable to malware all over the net.

What's wrong with 16:9?

I know 4:3 is good for comp gaming (I use it on csgo) but why else?

>What's wrong with 16:9?
It's popular, and it's different than what they grew up with.

techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/

The picture is a very low quality and artifacted JPG, this is highly visible around the text areas - something you can and should avoid on flatter images like this by using a different image format. I recommend PNG. There is also an unnecessary watermark in the top left.

The icons in the image feel very out of place, as they squished typically circular icons into squares. The design of the UI is very awkward with all those grey squares everywhere, a purely light or dark theme would be much more appealing to the eyes - grey on grey is never a good idea due to the reader not having enough contrast available.

>yawns

Read the comments on that article. The spell out how the author is full of shit.

You're all fucking autistic. Softepedia watermark. Checkmate atheists

>not ubuntu

lol you're such a faggot

>The icons in the image feel very out of place
I disagree. The icons give a 2008 flavor you don't see anymore.

mame

It's for n00bs

I agree. The only one that looks kind of janky is the Calculator icon.

that fucking wallpaper

>le mint security maymay
It's time to go back to plebbit, user.
Anyone with half a brain knows it was literally one file that got corrupted and it was fixed pretty fucking fast.
If anything had bad privacy it was their website, not the distro. And their website actually has good security now, last I checked.

I want cinnamon so fucking bad in ubuntu

Fuck PPA