Do Americans really microwave their water?

Do Americans really microwave their water?

lmfao dong you guys have electric kettle technolo/g/y?

>it's ANOTHER brit thinks he's better than anybody thread
even a fucking leaf is better

yeah the savages boil water on the stove top like niggers in africa

I want a kettle in my room so i never have to leave for heating noodles or tea

>a kettle
>in his bedroom

Son. I am disgust.

The UK is basically the only country that uses electric kettles regularly because you're the only country that constructed its power grid to support half the country powering up electric kettles at the same time every day.

Plus we don't really drink tea. We mostly just throw the stuff in the Boston harbor while cursing King George.

>only brits use electric kettles

When the World Cup goes to a commercial break, the UK has to borrow electricity from France's grid just to fucking power all those kettles. You have no idea how much of a problem it is that you all own and insist on using one of those things.

>he drinks tea
also if you have a plastic kettle enjoy your xenoestrogens.

Steam in a bedroom is good move

why do people drink tea? its like drinking watered down decaf. Coffee is so much better.

there are measurable surges in power usage at advert breaks during coronation street and eastenders

>Plastic
>Kettle
Fucking savages

>The UK is basically the only country that uses electric kettles regularly because you're the only country that constructed its power grid to support half the country powering up electric kettles at the same time every day.
You have that wrong. The US is the only first world country that doesn't have a power grid able to support half the country powering up electric kettles at the same time. Some fat guy farting too loudly is enough to knock your power grid down and leave 30% of your country without power.

MfG a German who regularly uses electric kettles to make tea.

Regular U.S. outlets supply much less power than U.K. outlets, so kettles are less practical. Homes have a small number of the bigger kind of outlet for larger appliances. And most Americans use coffee machines with their own heating elements. I wish I'd just gotten a stovetop whistler instead of a self powered kettle. It would be faster.

>coffee
fuck coffee and fuck tea.
when are we getting hot minty liquid weed?

boiling water in plasic
American education

I thought Sup Forums was for the idiots. You are now making me question about here too.

warming up plastics will fuck you up.

>The UK is basically the only country that uses electric kettles regularly
No, that's wrong. Like, really really wrong.

t. non-Brit.

I have one of these.
Boils in a few minutes, haven't bothered to time it.

This is the source of retard babies.

the only drink acceptable is espresso and since espresso needs a 10 thousand dollar steam machine to make then there is no reason to make homebrewed anything.

>Not french press

They make instant espresso.

i'm sure the nu-males we see today is a result of their parents consuming too many xeno estrogens.

Unlike America where you just inbreed

>instant
disgusting

espresso is God tier above all.

oh is that the reason you're importing citizens?

Flat out false, moron.

120v @ 20a (Kitchen Outlet) = 2400w
230v @ 13a = 2900w

500w difference, 17.2% more power.

Wow! THERES NO WAY AN AMERICAN PUSSY SOCKET COULD EVER HEAT FUCKING WATER AT 2400 WATTS

>importing citizens
>citizens
>CITIZENS!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I'm Dutch I do use an electric kettle

Is British food shit because you guys only have electric stove tops? Good lord must be shit to cook on that. The wait for temperature change must be tiresome and ruins many meals.

I have a question.

Why don't people boil water using their coffee maker? If you don't put any coffee in it, it'll just dispense hot water.

Why do you need a separate electric kettle?

Most U.S. kettles are 1500 watts max. You'd trip a breaker trying to take 2400 in most places.

>he doesnt steam hams in the microwave

In the UK there were originally power companies every few blocks. You'd buy power from them, they'd run a wire to your flat and you'd be able to turn on a light. It wasn't until the National Gridiron (now just called the National Grid) in 1926 that networked all those private generating companies and the same business structure is now used to link the UK's grid to much of the rest of Europe. This is basically the only thing allowing you to power those kettles, by drawing electricity from a dozen other countries.

America, on the other hand, had a handful of large electricity companies from the start that don't have to fucking share with anyone, really even each other.

Electric kettles are available here but they heat water about half as fast as they would in the UK or, yeah, like a lot of apparently angry people are noting any other European country attached to the same National Grid.

all british cuisine is boiled
they do not know of anything else, it's not how they were raised, and they do not seek culture outside their own

Mine is 20a, as they kind of expect they'll be used in the kitchen, and thus 20a outlets will be available.

>Your dollar store model might be 1500 though :^)

Still, a 15a light circuit is still 120x15=1800 theoretical max.

>t.
Yeah, we Finns are like just the only other :D

Although, if you don't have an induction stove, it is faster to boil about 90% of the water with the kettle first and then pouring it into the pan.

Bald, fat man is such an outdated meme.

How viable will power over fiber optic be in the future? Like collect light from some equator nation then run that light through fibers to dark non sunny nations to be used on solar cells. I always thought about this if its possible.

Oh my god I cooked with gas most of my life and only recently in the last few years had to use electric ranges.

I don't know how anyone can stand it. I had to get really good at remembering how hot shit would get for each individual burner and dial.

I'll bet you like Solar Roadways

So is [descriptive subtitle] but posting an image is make people more likely to read and I ran out of appropriate anime girls.

makes more sense to use trucks to transport light than that

>Why don't people boil water using their coffee maker?
Well, I must confess that I don't drink coffee. To make matters worse, they're not very common at all in my country, French presses are the preferred option.

Having said that, wouldn't you need to rinse out the coffee maker first to boil water in it?

>we Finns
I'm no Pekka, Australian actually, I just browse Sup Forums

But they're common pretty much everywhere I've travelled.

no, they are a huge waste. the idea of sending light half way across the world to non sunny nations to be used on solar cells intrigues me though. in the distant future it may very well be possible.

Am in Canada, use an electric kettle.

Mine is 850W but its also insulated, the outside hardly gets warm. 3 liters in a few minutes, I think I'll time how long it takes to boil next time it runs low.

Sure thing pal :^)

ahaha, you're a special type of retard aren't you? kettles are used daily in aus.

Liar, you lot live off fosters & xxxx lager. Also all you eat is bbq food and call each other mongrels & flamin galaaas

Just build huge-ass mirrors in orbit, like they did around Coruscant.

Nigger, every sane person uses an electric kettle to heat water.

Can't speak for him, but last time I had a barbie was the Friday before last at work.

I've also never drunk Foster's in my life, although I've drunk a fair few other beers that are owned by them.

Don't drink tea or coco so I have no need for a electric or regular kettle

Uhhhh no. Saeco's home espresso machines make some damn fine espresso, metal filter and all.

The one I use, the Saeco Poemia, goes for 160 USD in Amazon.

That said the pannarello is a bit shit, and for a good one you will need a more expensive machine. You will still be able to prepare half-decent cappuccinos and lattes though.

Here's a fun fact though: American homes receive 1000w more power than British homes. The typical Brit cicruit is the Euro standard 230v, 100A service. The US standard is 120v,200A service.

230*100 = 23,000 W
120*200 = 24,000 W

>britain is dum
>america is dum
>install gentoo

>electric kettle
Is this like our Wasserkocher?
Holy shit who doesn't own one?
In Germany you either use a Wasserkocher or put a pot of water on the hotplate.
The fucking microwave?
Jesus Christ in Heaven.

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACTUALLY: The Thread

Look, nobody is saying there's no such thing as a non-brit that has use for boiled water. People are saying that the UK has so fucking many kettles that they draw more power than the country could even possibly produce on its own. There's so fucking many in the UK compared to the whole rest of the world that, yes, it's 100% fair to call them a british thing.

Contrary to what you want to believe, nobody fucking cares that you are an exception to a rule.

>Here's a fun fact though
Actually, that was an incredibly mundane fact.

I can't imagine most people would even get close enough for that to ever matter anyway.

As someone who loves cooking and used both..

I would take gas all over the electric.

Good electric stove can be Damn good (I've used one where I could set a temperature in Celsius and intensity separately) but it requires some extra skill to use.

yes Americans can't into kettles for some reason

Wow.

mundane :(

Actually, you're wrong. The UK has approximately the same amount of them as everywhere else, one per household.

Also, their grid can handle them fine. BBC even did a documentary about it.

>lived in Germany when I was young
>never knew the word kettle
>always called it a Wasserkocher
>come to America
>call kettles watercookers
>get made fun of

thanks for reading my blog

Wrong.

I feel you. Watercooker would make more sense.
t. German

So fucking wrong.
America invented the electric kettle and tea is Chinese.

Fucking brits and their godamn narcissism, can't even speak proper English anymore.

fuck, I think I have a plastic kettle. Or maybe it's lined with metal on the inside, idk

Again, I know you want everyone to know you're special but nobody fucking cares that you are an exception to a rule.

I guess I worded that ambiguously. I was lamenting about the electric being terrible, not the gas.

So? If we'd invented them we'd be shit at it.
We invented tennis, cricket, and football and everyone kicks our asses at it.
Best if we don't keep inventing things.

>not moka pot

We're not the exception, that's the point. You're wrong.

Has it occurred to you that maybe the reason everyone on this board owns one is because they eat instant ramen for 5 meals a day?

Electric kettle are also widely used in China, Japan, etc.

Nearly every German household I've been to has an electric kettle. It's far more common than microwave ovens.

Those can clog and explode. I don't trust them like I do my pressure cooker with three different relief mechanisms.

Here in Holland literally everybody makes tea with an electric kettle. Maybe some old people use a stove kettle but nobody heats water in the fucking microwave oven lol.

It's possible I'm wrong though my source for this was the BBC so you're basically all calling yourselves idiots. You were wrong first, I just believed you. My mistake.

Mine has a relief valve but I do get nervous when it's taking longer than usual sometimes.

>though my source for this was the BBC
No it wasn't you liar.

People don't microwave their water in the US, they use a stove to hear it up, have you ever even been here?

>No Such Thing as the News is a British television comedy series on BBC Two
Watch it and see.

>The UK is basically the only country that uses electric kettles regularly because you're the only country that constructed its power grid to support half the country powering up electric kettles at the same time every day.

literally every country in Europe uses them

and half of Asia

t. non-Brit European who also actually have been outside of his country

>while cursing King George.
Which one?

The third one I think.

>BBC says britain is the only country that uses electrik kettles
kek

Was he not the same badass that fucked up the French?

>Was he not the same badass that fucked up the French?

Aren't the French famous for surrendering?

In WW2.

They used to be pretty fucking badass when they were still pumped on adrenaline from killing the royal family.

The US is the exception you fucking retard

Does anyone here speak United Kingdomish? I've always wanted to learn it.

I live in America and use this
I used to microwave my water when I was little
There's no difference really