Windows 7 is BEST Windows

>tfw fresh install of Windows 7 after spending a month with Windows 10
It's so quick and responsive and feels like there so much less bloat.

How many more years do you think most software devs will support Windows 7 for?

Dunno but security patching ends in 2020

She may be Wangblows, but she can sure blow my wang.

She was perfect. My OSfu

dumb animeposter

she will tell her father every single bit about it

That's her little sister, though.

Every windows has some sort of native backdoor since fucking 95. You have been handing your info to nsa since forever, but now that m$ acknowledged "yes we are gathering data" it started being a problem from 10 onward and the past never happened.

>anime picture

Didnt even start to read your pathetic bullshit

Performance wise 10 runs way better for me.

You idiot.

Since the NSA has been collecting basically every fucking bit of data that's passed over the Internet since 1993-ish (yes, seriously) or monitoring it at the most basic levels the idea of a "backdoor" into Windows or any other OS seems a bit stupid considering they can see all the god damned data without the need for the back door.

Think of it this way:

The entire Internet is like a fucking glass house, always has been. You have a computer that sits in the middle of the house and you use it.

The NSA doesn't need a fucking "backdoor" into the house because THEY CAN FUCKING SEE EVERYTHING YOU DO WITH THE COMPUTER PLAINLY.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

Yeah but now it isn't just the NSA. It's companies too.

Exactly, they can monitor everything that PASSED on the internet. Explain me how they access the end point that is your pc through the net without a backdoor.

You do know what a backdoor is, right?

Hikaru had such a nice design but the thing she represents was basically dead on arrival. Kinda sad.

I both know what Silverlight is and have no idea, is it an attempt to replace flash/html5?

(If encryption didn't exist)

It's Microsoft's attempt at flash but it arrived very late and everyone already hated flash(and really all plugins). It had basically no chance of taking off.

You're on the Internet making a post about not being on the Internet.

Your point is thus rendered moot.

>divide by zero, son, it's a bitch

Nope

>It had basically no chance of taking off.

And yet it makes Microsoft fucking money hand over fist because the world's largest streaming video service for movies and TV shows - Netflix (not YouTube) - uses Silverlight and will continue to use it for at least another 2 years paying Microsoft licensing fees in the millions.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

5 food coupons have been deposited into your welfare account.

Windows 7 bro here. I've fucked around with Windows 10 on a laptop before and it is rather shit. You have to turn off a shit ton of stuff so it's not falling on its face slow. The design is OK. I dual boot with Ubuntu anyhow where anything non gaming or non Windows is done.

Honestly seriously considering picking up a passively cooled 2nd card to run VGA passthrough with. It's just a lot of work to get started up especially with Nvidia based hardware. Kernel edits etc.

As far as support, security updates are as this user says , 2020. Dev support on the other hand may stop around then I would think. I mean just look at how many places still use 7 or even 8.1 which is 7 +Metro. They're not going to alienate their users by trying to force them to 10.
>Unless MS bribes them too.

Netflix supports EME. Silverlight is used for browsers that either don't have it or don't have it enabled(basically just firefox)

Actually does someone have a list of difference in WinAPI from w7 to w10? That will pretty much answer the question.

Windows is when you're so afraid of updates that you use a 7 years old OS. Linux is when you look forward to every new update because you get cool new free stuff.

NOW they support EME but Netflix has used and will continue to use Silverlight for another 2+ years (the current term of the licensing contract).

Or you enjoy vidya gaymez but are too lazy to dual boot

>cool new free stuff that supports an OS that allows no new games, decent drivers, or professional software that matters

FTFY

Windows is used for getting shit done. Linux as powerful as it is belongs in the Server environment and data centers.

There will still be support and updates past the cutoff date, but only for corporate and those willing to pay for it.

I've been on this shit board for seven years and this is still the only banter windows fags have come up with.

At it's still true

Nice meme. Unlike windows fags, I don't have to make stuff up. All I have to do is go to an arbitrary windows forum where they hate microsoft even more than I do and copy their arguments.

Most of the windows users are idiots, others just dont care.

The real question - if there nothing good in windows then why linux is still 1% on desktops?

Who was windows 8 tan? I remember seeing an image where she has an aheago face and a diaper.

Corruption.

Older the encryption the easier it is to break. Also hillary is going to manhatten project encryption that shit (god bless)

I never get tired of this meme

> Corruption.
It can take you only this far. If it was a sole reason then nubers will be something like 70/30 (not counting other OS'es).

Linux serverside is huge though, desktop is low because its relatively new, runs on 0 budget, and microsoft were extremely aggressive in getting maximum market share. Also everybody is all over the fucking place. Considering basically every distro is a fork of Debian. What we need is all these different distros to merge into fewer and focus on satisfying more philosophies while still having the choice between software

because there are no other reasons. I mean that. Think. If any popular distro of Linux had native Adobe suite, native AAA games made for it (regardless of your personal opinion on the state of AAA games now a days), Linux would be INSANELY more popular.

The big name programs for Linux would then require proper drivers, etc. Ball rolling effect. If Linux had proper support for major productive programs and games, I'd use it in a heartbeat. Hands down. I currently use Ubuntu MATE 16.04 for anything and everything that I can. But it just falls short for certain things.

There's no point since it goes against the gnu philosophy. Gimp needs better development, a better logo and name, and maybe games need like pay to play on severs or something.

Whoa what the fuck is EME and how do I use it. Does Opera support it?

then the GNU philosophy needs either changing, or a Linux distro brave enough to go against the grain. Imo the only distro that has a chance in winning mainstream is Ubuntu. Most popular, highest compatibility out of the box, and even has some games for it from steam.

Gimp doesn't even comes close to touching Adobe suite and professionals would never use Gimp. Gimp only exists because Adobe on Linux isn't a thing. You really think Gimp devs would continue to fucking bother if Linux users could get their hands on Photoshop for the $10/ month fee?

And no. Games are only made for windows because of popularity of the OS. If Linux started taking off like a rocket, game and software devs would see it as a new up and coming platform. (aka money maker). Forgive all my nay saying as I REALLY do want Linux to thrive, but as long as they continue this whole "philosophy" BS, they'll remain at 1% market share.

I mean Ubuntu isn't exactly a small distro. What is physically stopping them from even talking to professional software devs? Law? Contract of GNU/Linux?

>Whoa what the fuck is EME and how do I use it.

Are y-you serious right now?

windows 10 is a rolling release that will continue to improve while windows 7 is frozen, no new featuers will be added.

7 is slower and more bloated than both Vista and 8. Windows 7 is a meme outside of Sup Forums.

Silverlight will only support IE in 2017 so they might want to rethink that contract.

Too bad all those "features" will be completely useless for a sane person. And nothing of importance will be added/fixed.

EME is an API for a special class of plugins called "content decryption modules"(CDMs) which are used to encrypt and decrypt data. Right now it's mainly used by websites like netflix to prevent people from copying videos.

What CDM you need depends on the service itself but your web browser will probably tell you to download it when you visit the site if it supports it.

>the gnu philosophy needs changing
In short its to have everything be open source, tonnes "go against the grain".

I know gimp doesnt come close, what im saying is it needs to have funding or get good at what its supposed to do. Linux users can through wine and it works perfectly.

What do you even mean? Games can be ported with ease or run through wine with ease, but what i mean is keeping them open source would require a cost to access servers, which wouldn't work for non server games.

Cost stops them. Ubuntu isnt a small distro but it is just debian wich corporate branding and unity or whatever its called. Im talkimg about unifying developers, but it doesn't happed because everyone has a different philosophy.

Also back to the subject of games, several engines are open source and support compiling for linux

>Games can be ported with ease or run through wine with ease,

Too much effort. I'm going on about Native support for those games. Same with Adobe. You really think Joe Blow business man and young Johnny down the road want to dick around in WINE for several hours to get their software/game to work? While here on Sup Forums it's not that big a deal, everyone wants plug and play.

On the subject of game engines, I'm well aware and hope that will make more games for the future that people will see as worth it. But the problem is still the skill set barrier. 99% of people don't even know what linux is let alone how to get the .ISO, make a disc or USB, partition their drives WITHOUT deleting windows, etc etc.

What I'm saying in summary is Linux as a whole needs to become more willing to flex a bit on their "philosophy" if they wish to succeed. Open source everything and extreme popularity will not be a thing any time soon. No one but free as in freedom individuals give a flying fuck about anything being open source so long as it works.

but that's true. 7 IS MORE BLOATED THAN VISTA AND 8 FEATURES MORE OPTIMIZATION

why do people still use that? i hate the 'vista is bad' meme.

Its successful on servers and being flexible with open source is a non option. Read up on the history of the fsf and why rms formed it. Also i think gamers would tend to be more knowledgeable on. Isos and similar, but its more people are locked to the cycle of windows.

>using windows
>being worried about bloat
excuse me?

Servers I know are a lot more Linux prone. And that's what I was asking. So the FSF prohibits closed source anything on Linux? What about steam then? Isn't that closed? And you're somewhat right. Gamers would probably figure out Linux quicker but I'm talking broad spectrum here. Think baby boomer mom/dad and 30 something graphics designers. I keep stressing plug and play because many people are straight up lazy and just don't want to figure a single fucking thing out and thus wouldn't give any Linux distro the time of day.

Giving windows 10 a try after a clean install and doing my best to turn off all the callhome spying. Installed less than a month ago on my gaming desktop. It's okay so far nothing I couldn't live without.

>So the FSF prohibits closed source anything on Linux?
...no. The FSF has no control over Linux. My own PC's loaded up on proprietary software. I got Steam, all those proprietary games on steam, the proprietary nvidia graphics drivers... actually I think that's about it.

>doesn't know windows-chan

Best Windows ever. Better than XP even.

>How many more years do you think most software devs will support Windows 7 for?
For as long as NT lives.

You can run closed source on linux, but what i mean is its sort of poinless since its against the philosophy and thus not progressive.

Old people have no trouble with linux; especially those like ubuntu that have an app store. My mother for one uses xubuntu, i taught her how to use sudo apt-get install but i dont think shes ever used it aince everything she needs is pre installed.

Me is the best

How come I never got arrested for watching cp when I was 13

how true is this?

You will now.

Do you need other people's opinions on the s/w you should use?

Why is most of the nonfree software not italicized

There's a lot of stuff that is either dead or no longer relevant.

>Anomynous
Has this been your name yesterday? I didn't notice that....

>Microsoft should cease to exist.
>Linux is a disjointed nightmare with commie undertones.
>Freebsd is the way forward, as Apple already recognized
>I want to make op's anime girl real so I can lick the entrance to her sweet sweet bosom

It is just that Windows gets slow as you use it, soon your install won't be so fresh anymore.

>people's opinions

opinions? i was just wondering how many of those programs were dead or out dated. im not asking you if i should like it or not. im asking a question about technology. this is Sup Forums isnt it?

I upgraded from 7 to 10 last night just so I would have a license for 10 I can use in the future. Not sure how licensing in 10 works, though.

It's okay. Some of the new features are nice but they're bogged down by just how terrible everything else is. Two control panels, weird inconsistencies everywhere, 'apps', etc. I hope they fix this shit in the future because 10 could be a big improvement over 7 but for some reason Microsoft doesn't want to make that happen.

I need to do a clean installation soon which is why I chose to do the upgrade now. I'll probably stick with 10 just to try it for a bit longer but I definitely prefer 7 by far.

I was under the impression that licences from free hardware upgrades are tied to that specific hardware config. Does anyone know if that's true, and if so are retail Win10 keys able to be re-used on different computers without any hassle? What about keys from Deamspark?

Why is bsd the way foward and does apple actually use free bsd? Would that make osx open source?

Yes I always use this name when mobile posting

I just switched to OS X. Honesty the best option unless you're an avid gamer. Ubuntu is good too.

Who do you want to live the rest of your life with, Sup Forums?

went out for a coffee at my family and now win ten saw this opertune moment nest in my pc.
I lost they pulled me into the swarm.

i want to fug nanami and touko at the same time

fucking retards

no bully