So I'm getting an i5-2500k and need a mobo

So I'm getting an i5-2500k and need a mobo.

I want a $40-50 mobo, and I've come to two choices: ASRock or MSI

ASRock:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157515

MSI:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130659

I'm only going to be using 1333mhz RAM and will only do light CPU OC'ing. So, ASRock or MSI?

>buying old tech

the 2500k train is about to retire

buy a skylake system you gook

Spotted the (((Shillstein)))

There is no reason to spend an extra $100+ for a new Skylake i5 when the 2500k performs the same in games, not to mention it overclocks like a champ.

>2500k
>H61

you got a problem with H61 bud?

As much as i love my Asus P8P67 and 2500K doing 4,8GHz im considering upgrading. It runs perfectly fine for most tasks but some new things are struggling.
For instance it cant handle overwatch in the background without having the desktop lag around.
I mean come on, its like 6 years old.

While this could be true with zen, that would also retire the skylake train.

>do light CPU OC'ing
If by that you mean only few mhz on blk clock - then you be fine, don't bother.

Why do people keep saying this when there are plenty of games where a good cpu makes all the difference?
Just get a 6500K or something if you're poor

Shell out for a 5820k. It's the new 2500k

I'm only interested in pure gaming and I don't care about multitasking, I'm not an enthusiast, so a 2500k is the best bang for my buck considering this 9 year old 965 B.E that I've had for 5 years.

>buys unlocked processor
>buys unlockable mobo

I know why you're poor.

The 2500k (stock) is just 20-30% worse than a 6600k(stock).

Now is the worst time to upgrade, wait for zen, or Intels counter to zen.

I5 tier zen(hexa) should be 50-60% better than your i5 and the octacores should more than double.

Can't change the multiplier, unlocked CPU is useless.

I'm a faggot, now I'll need to find a cheap unlocked mobo

>so a 2500k is the best bang for my
It basically always is since you could get a used system for $200(no gpu) which is less than just a skylake i5.

the sandy bridge i5's bottomed out in price 4 years ago

that was the time to buy it

now you might as well go skylake so you can buy reusable RAM, decent sata ports, and type c ports

I wouldn't buy something so old user, just skip the GPU for a while and get a modern socket. Those motherboards don't even have USB3.0 for fucks sake.

b-b-but he's going to buy a USB 3.0 PCIe card, an expressSATA and SATA 3.0 PCIe card, and possibly a thunderbolt card

the sandy bridge is so economical, I swear!

This. Even though the 2500k may be a decent processor, it doesn't make much sense to buy one these days.

get xeon instead if you wanna buy used stuff. stuff cheap as fuck on ebay, as a bonus youll get ECC rams also cheap as fuck

Get an Asus Z68 or Z77 mobo