Why aren't you using LibreOffice as your office suite?

Why aren't you using LibreOffice as your office suite?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kevinarefunny/my-homepage.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it takes hours to build and updates constantly.

>he fell for the gentoo meme

>export as docx
>formatting gets completely fucked
Because I have a real job that requires things to actually work

> chrome
> Not chromium
G'bye!

I'm not gay. Sorry.

Because I'm not a Sup Forumsimp using a piece of shit software
>Why take the bus when you own a fucking car?

What's wrong with using Gentoo?

Because I can into hackintosh, and don't have to emulate homOSeX aesthetics.

Fucs up layout and what not

>replying to that underage reddit faggot
Saged

Off yourself right now

Because it can't into Excel macros

Stop faking, faggot. Everyone knows you're using ubuntu.

>LibreOffice
Your post was good until
>Google Chrome
>Ubuntu
>Tripfag

Is your name by chance kevin

Or maybe I'm faking using Ubuntu. Maybe this is all a masterful ruse.
Yes. How could you tell?

>too dumb to Link the right post
Just go back to >>>/reddit/, circlejerk with your wannabe schoolshooters and trump fanatics.

>tfw using open office portable.

>BUILD

HAHAHA, SUDO APT-GET INSTALL LIBRE-OFFICE

because I like functionality

Sorry.
this was meant for you (the first part)

What about LibreOffice isn't functional? Generally curious about your experience, as I've had no issues with it and have no problems with .docx files.

There's just a lot of little things that are off. Microsoft Word detects grammar and spelling mistakes far better than libre. Headings not on the first page is also more difficult in libre. .doc files are more efficient storage wise than LibreOffice's extension.

Things are just easier in Word.

Also same thing with Gimp. What year is this? And Gimp still doesn't have the equivalent of layer styles?

>yet another attempt by Kevin to fit in
sage

I agree with you there about the grammar and spelling mistakes, but I find the autocomplete useful (most of the time), and the headings is a bit annoying. And I'm curious how .odt compares to .doc and .docx for large documents, but for small ones .doc and .docx is more efficient. And I find LibreOffice easier, but that's just me. And GIMP is retarded for that stuff. I only use it for very small edits, otherwise I load up photoshop cs6 in wine and I use Krita sometimes. It just depends what I need to do. If I don't need to use Photoshop I won't, I'll use GIMP, and I have it set on single window mode so it isn't an utter mess ui wise.

Because I am not a glitterboy
I use TeX like a sane person

Cause M$ Office 16 is much better and flatter? Lmao @ you senpai

Also
>there I just finished my absolutely basic startscreen for my browser with today's worth of 'my first html and css page' I found on codeacademy
>I need to show this to the guys at Sup Forums they'll be so jelly
>I'll get screenfetch to because it's what the cool kidz use, to get that fancy ascii logo for my recently installed training wheels distro
>I also use libreoffice because muh freedumz! I'm so hardcore because I dropped linux
>There it is!
No bully though, welcome to linux and enjoy your stay,

Lol I made my startscreen on my own and I just Like libreoffice. Thanks for the laugh though cause this is somewhat true (the part about showing Sup Forums) and a shameless plug to my homepage github link github.com/kevinarefunny/my-homepage.
Some of that is objective and opinionated, and what about libreoffice in the screenshot isn't flat?

the question is why are you using it with unity , which has menu icons turned off in it.

Can someone please tell me which theme that is?

because iWork TM

It looks and feels like half-assed trash and I don't see a point in using software that feels sub-par.

I just use StarOffice instead.

Because I have a wife and two kids

This happened a few weeks ago

>Re-installed windows on my dad's PC
>Install libreoffice
>he sends some files to his colleagues
>they can't open the file
>install word
>works

>Build
JUST

>install libreoffice
>doesn't work
>install word
>works

tripfag

Because WPS Office is available on linux.

>i like to spend hours to building packages
>i like to download compilers and hundreds of libraries to compile said packages
>i like to solve compilation errors
Why not just download the binary? I never understand why anyome would want to do this.

Binary packages come with a lot of extra shit that you don't need so that they're compatible everywhere. If you build the package yourself you can optimize to for your system.

Google Docs is a thousand times better

A bus is easier way to move around as you're letting someone else drive. Same with office suites. Also Markdown isn't a car. It's more like a bike.

see the screenshot fag

The free version can't save in docx

I got memed on by OpenOffice back before the Oracle takeover. It was really a case of you get what you pay for.

because iWork is all around better

>Can only operate with 1 window
Holy fuck this shit is slow. Beside if 1 document crash - all other will too. Fuckibn piece of shit.

Outlook.

emerge libreoffice-bin -qp
[ebuild UD] media-libs/glew-1.10.0-r2 [1.13.0]
[ebuild UD] app-text/poppler-0.42.0 [0.44.0]
[ebuild N ] app-office/libreoffice-bin-5.1.2.2-r1

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

app-text/poppler:0

(app-text/poppler-0.42.0:0/59::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
app-text/poppler:0/59 required by (app-office/libreoffice-bin-5.1.2.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
^^^^^

(app-text/poppler-0.44.0:0/61::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
app-text/poppler:0/61=[qt5] required by (app-office/texmaker-4.5:0/0::gentoo, installed)
^^^^^^
(and 3 more with the same problem)

dev-libs/boost:0

(dev-libs/boost-1.56.0-r1:0/1.56.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
dev-libs/boost:0/1.56.0 required by (app-office/libreoffice-bin-5.1.2.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
^^^^^^^^^

(dev-libs/boost-1.61.0:0/1.61.0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
>=dev-libs/boost-1.46.0:0/1.61.0= required by (media-video/mkvtoolnix-9.1.0:0/0::gentoo, installed)
^^^^^^^^^^
(and 2 more with the same problem)

I had office 2016 for free, and it worked great up until gwx.exe fucked up allot of my dlls and made office not work.. fuck microsoft.

Because as a feminist, I see that its a problematic software suit. It lacks absolutely any kind of diversity rather it be race, gender, or sex. Honestly its down right oppressive.

no

I am

Good.

piss ugly that even google drive's office suite webapps look better than libre any day

At least she's 3D.

Ew, I didnt notice that until now.
>all those imperfactions.
Glad my waifu doesnt look like that!

Occasionally I do, Kevin. But LaTeX is way better.

Microsoft Office works very well, and is free as in free beer, which is what I care about.