Can we have a gaming in freedom thread?

Can we have a gaming in freedom thread?

What are some games that don't require you to join the botnet in order to enjoy? Pic related, Xonotic

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/mars-sim/files/latest/download
sourceforge.net/projects/scrabble/files/latest/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Very comfy game

minetest + minetest-server
Bretty gomfy aldernative to minegrafd

Does Sup Forums have a xotonic server?

All open source games are fucking shit.

>Quake 3 is fucking shit

Wanna fight?

Looks nothing like BF4, fuck off.

Not sure if pathetic casual or bait.

maybe growtopia? you can play it on ios, osx, android and windows. i play it with my sister while she plays on a tablet.

Fuck off with your mario graphics gay shit. Wake us up when an open sores games can compete with BF4 graphics and mechanics.

I dual boot debian and windows 7 btw

This is probably bait

Isn't that game a fork of the FreeCiv engine?

looks very comfy indeed. installed. thanks user

OpenMW is probably better than the "real" version of the game at this point desu.

is autismcraft opensource?
i play it time to time

I love playing wesnoth.

retard

No.

I could set one up, if people would play on it.

>What are some games that don't require you to join the botnet in order to enjoy?

Some quality ones I can think of:
- hedgewars
- C-Dogs (SDL)
- Kolf
-Supertuxkart

Back in dev:
-Supertux

Some user anotherday told me to avoid it and/or use another clone.

Usually I'm not a fan of 2x4chan, but, agdg had some pretty good arguments:

4x2ch.net/agdg/res/21574.html

I can't wait for that to be fully finished. It looks excellent with the graphics mods and the music is excellent.

Guess I should go download Unreal Tournament

Thanks, OP

>I'm proud of using Debian AND Windows 7

Oh dem demon trips!

See Minetest isn't that bad, but it's lgpl and has fairly high cpu usage with maxed out settings on sn AMD hexacote (i mean tricore)

>unreal botnet

Daily reminder Linux has now over 2000 gaymes on steam therefore windows is deprecated and opengl pwns directx

YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP MAH BOIS

>OpenGL
>not Vulkan

>Minetest isn't that bad,
I don't know desu, that broken scripting API model sounds pretty serious.

If you stick with vanilla it shouldn't be a problem, unless you consider a lack of any mobs whatsoever to be a problem.

>unless you consider a lack of any mobs whatsoever to be a problem.
Well, I do. Otherwise, I could use [minecraftclone no 53] instead anyway.

The problem is that the core development team aren't responsive enough to the Minetest game modders who demand various features in the Minetest engine. The options for them are to either join the Minetest engine team to push through features as an engine developer, fork the engine into a new project or suffer as they currently do.

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Nicu dubs

Tested and played in Lubuntu, just do "sudo apt-get install" followed by the name here given.

ADVENTURE: beneath-a-steel-sky, flight-of-the-amazon-queen, lure-of-the-temptress, out-of-order
ARCADE: 2h4u, etw, frozen-bubble, teeworlds,
BALL GAMES: neverball, neverputt
PUZZLE: whichwayisup, connectagram, anagramarama, gnubg, blinken, brainparty, gbrainy, xsol, pokerth, kcheckers, xboard, xmpuzzles, xword, einstein, quarry, grhino, gnugo, qgo, uligo, pingus, warmux, miceamaze, xsok fillets-ng, xshisen, colorcode, kitsune, gmult, scribble, xshogi, gnome-sudoku, gtans, ltris, xwelltris, glotski, groundhog, numptyphysics, phlipple, peg-e, gmchess
ROGUELIKE: crawl, freedink, freedroidrpg, gearhead, nethack-console
SHOOT EM UP: luola, marsshooter, starfighter, slingshot, torus-trooper, uqm, xgalaga++
STRATEGY: curseofwar, liquidwar, openttd, gtkatlantic monopd, 0ad, netpanzer, unknown-horizons, warzone2100, dopewars, singularity, freeciv-client-gtk freeciv-client-extras, freeorion, lordsawar, teg, pioneers, lgeneral, triplea
VEHICLE SIMULATION: searchandrescue, armagetronad, supertuxkart, oolite, vegastrike vegastrike-music, openssn, openbve
VIRTUAL WORLD: minetest

BONUS: Games from other repositories.

PLAYDEB
opendungeons : like dungeon keeper, but up to date
openra : command and conquer red alert
megamek : mech warrior
ufoai : x com
xonotic : first person shooter
urbanterror : first person shooter
worldofpadman : first person shooter

Cataclysm, Dark Days Ahead
sudo apt-get install git
git clone git://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA.git
cd Cataclysm-DDA
sudo apt-get install lua5.1 lua5.1-dev
sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev build-essential
make -j4 LOCALIZE=0 RELEASE=1 LUA=1

Mars Simulation Project: sourceforge.net/projects/mars-sim/files/latest/download
Scrabble3D: sourceforge.net/projects/scrabble/files/latest/download

Is there some sort of opensource danmaku gsme?

Is runescape open source?

> probably
are you retarded?