RX 480

When will this sexy beast get some non-meme benchmarks?

If it's as good as like a gtx 980 for 200 buckaroos then I'm def getting one. This could would be the end-all, be-all for 1080p 60fps gaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/news/28231/official-specs-confirm-300-series-radeon-rebrands
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/3c98b8f1-a653-4f3a-84ca-78c8636ca5ab/match-details/5482cfd7-552b-45b9-a664-452b51b9286e
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/ladders/benchmark/overall/Crazy_1080p?viewType=myself&filters={"cpu":"Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz","gpu":"AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series","api":"DirectX 12"}
forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2475414
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/687f2890-ba32-4665-a3ae-f6178c3612ed/match-details/f86fe4ae-0269-4d6c-acf1-f68b2f328460
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/5a674cca-f35f-4213-91ff-75f0382edcba/match-details/915efade-a2b4-4ba8-b1eb-8b3314b0fcb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When people actually have it.

There's no pre-order yet, and there's not real benchmarks yet. Just fucking wait.

>this could be the end-all, be-all
>this could be a total dumpster-fire

We don't know enough about it to make any kind of real speculation yet. Just wait a week. Jesus.

Most articles talking about it tends to say it will be between a R9 390 and a 390X.

talking about waiting, the RX 480 should come the 29th of june, but when will come the 1060, the 480X and the 490 ? Those cards should all be under $500 I presume.

Question: Will my i5 4570 bottleneck a rx 480 at 1080p 60hz gaming? I've read that this cpu will bottleneck an gtx 980, which is more or less the equivalent of the 480

meme benchmarks as in the pascal architecture and fewer cores which make it ideal for gpu password cracking? All enthusiast builds should be radeon

think about it. If AMD had a card that is equal or superior to a ~450$ card, why would they put it at that price point? You think AMD doesn't need the money? If it beat the 980, it would be at least 300. I'm not shilling for nvidia, I'd REALLY like AMD to be an option again.
It will be a great card for the money. It probably won't be what people hope it will be. Please AMD, prove me wrong

however nvidia is better for gaming, it has more cores to process less sophisticated calculations

I hope this isn't a ruse. I've been making due with an ancient hd7770 for years now. This will work well with my cheap fx6300 and I can get a second one down the line and my 600w psu can handle it.

This is a great solution for 1080p and a second one will be great for 1440p 21:9 a couple of years from now.

VR seems a bit of a stretch though.

I got one OP

Holy shit, we have the same rig fampai

What's the fucking point? People are selling GTX 980Ti's for 200$ second-hand now that the 1000-series is coming.

That's literally not happening

Maybe 970s

>1440p 21:9 fine
>but VR is a stretch
hmmm

>arch brings minor IPC uplifts over previous
>has some new features that won't be directly used in most games
>clocks moderately higher than other GCN cards
>clock speed much more variable, but not like Nvidia's simplistic yet numerous boost states
>RX 480 has 36CU
>performing in the same neighborhood as the 40CU R9 390 to the 44CU R9 390X
>doing so while drawing a fraction of the power

Just look at benches on Anandtech of the 390 and 390X. Its somewhere around there, maybe a bit better than the 390X in certain titles, but its not going to be mind blowing. Just a solid mid range offering at $200. Might have similar optimizations for VR workloads like Nvidia showed off for Pascal since thats what they're aiming for.

A lot of gossip puts it around a non-X Fury with power use of 120 +/-10 Watts, for $200/$230 (4/8 GB).

Unless Nvidia gets a GP106 out the door ASAP, I'm upgrading my GTX 670 to this next month.

ahahahah

AMD will be sending out cards for review on the 10th.

a $200 card performing at or above a $350 card is pretty mind blowing

or you can use crossfire to out preform the 1080 for cheeper

An overclocked 2500k wouldn't bottleneck it so you're good.

If you're hype for the "budget performance" bracket and keep your cards for more than two years don't buy the 4GB version of anything.
8GB is going to be an essential amount, considering how much "AAA" titles use the VRAM for caching now.

Just a word of advice.

>1080p

It's not the 2000's anymore kid. Play 4k like all the big guys do with their nvidia cards.

>Play 4k
>can't afford card more than $300
>spending $600 on a fucking monitor

Off topic: if money isnt a issue should i go for the 1080 or is AMD coming with a card of the same caliber?

490 will come october
1060 is supposed to be out september

go be a nigger somewhere else.

>4k
>nvidia
wew lad

You probably don't understand what money is not an issue means

Fight me 1v1. Fagget

>490 will come october

Not worth the bother since it will be just be an overclocked 480 or a rebranded fury x

I wasn't thinking this card would be a viable option for me as I currently use NVENC to stream with OBS. I just heard about VCE though for AMD cards which does the same thing. Totally getting one of these now.

>it's another "poorfags have unrealistic expectations about what they can get while being a poorfag" thread

Its a brand new die called Vega, you fucking retard.

AMD's HBM2-based platform, Vega, is scheduled for a Q1'17 release, but rumors come on and off that it might get pushed up to Q4'16 if Hynix can deliver the new memory in sufficient volumes.

Less information is heard about Nvidia, but a GP102 using either 384b GDDR5X (480 GB/s) or HBM2 coming out in a broadly similar timeframe.

Fury/Fury X/Nano needed 4x HBM1 modules to reach 4GB and got about 500 GB/s bandwidth.

HBM2 cards could be released in the following flavors:
> 2x - 500 GB/s - 16/8 GB (hard to justify interposer costs when 384b GDDR5X alternative exists)
> 3x - 750 GB/s - 24/12 GB (maybe most likely?)
> 4x - 1000 GB/s - 32/16 GB (would need a 600 mm^2 GPU die like GP100, probably too expensive for 1st gen 16/14nm consumer cards)

>being this retarded

No thanks, I have central heating and air.

>believing AMD's lies

>techreport.com/news/28231/official-specs-confirm-300-series-radeon-rebrands

They have done it with the 300 series. They will do it again with the 400 series.

Two GPUs that scale to 1.83x the performance of a single GPU getting 62.5 fps = a single GPU gets 34.2 fps. The r9 390x gets around 40 fps in the same benchmark.

The dual GPU benchmark was not done with crossfire, but the multi GPU support in dx12 that is better than crossfire. So if you an to use these cards in crossfire, it won't come close to a 1080 in dx12.

Lastly, this is just dx12 performance. dx11 is more relevant for now and AMD does worse in that regard relative to their dx12 performance.

Say it with me, AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT.

>all this AMD cucked fags thinking the 480 will be their savior

AMD will get bankrupt on 2017 due to the Zen's mediocre gains. Enjoy having a processor 10 years behind. Even my Q6600 is faster than a Piledriver cpu.

>AMD does worse in that regard relative to their dx12 performance
We don't know how that new polaris chip does though, do we? My 390 is already on ebay, so I really hope the 480 is as good...

The R9 390X does not pull 40fps with the same test system. They were using a 3.5ghz Haswell-E CPU.

Try to read, tech illiterate retard.

>being this fucking stupid

Even an i7 6700k only gets 43 fps with a 390x. ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/3c98b8f1-a653-4f3a-84ca-78c8636ca5ab/match-details/5482cfd7-552b-45b9-a664-452b51b9286e
And if the game is more CPU bottlenecked, well that's just really shitty/even malicious marketing from AMD.

If the RX 480 does better than the GTX 980. What price will the GTX 970 fall to when it comes out?

>cucked AMD fags doing ad hominem attacks to justify their purchase

While I enjoy my fast and efficient system. Enjoy your housefires.

That's a big if. Also I doubt price drops will be that dramatic, they know the stock will eventually clear out from people buying them for SLI.

By sure to check frametimes and not only fps. Spoiler alert they'll be bad.

>Even an i7 6700k only gets 43 fps with a 390x. ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/3c98b8f1-a653-4f3a-84ca-78c8636ca5ab/match-details/5482cfd7-552b-45b9-a664-452b51b9286e
And if the game is more CPU bottlenecked, well that's just really shitty/even malicious marketing from AMD.

Toppest of keks. AMD cucked it's fanboys once again.

The i7 6700k is a 4ghz Skylake processor. The game scales well with serial throughput, all of this is well known.
>compare two entirely different test systems
>act as if they're the same
>shitpost
>LE X IS FINISHED

Go outside and get murdered.

>Enjoying a maxwell rebrand and die shrink.

Okay user but watch for the GTX 1080 housefire.

>$200 card outperforms a $350 2 year old card
I like where you're coming from, but no. That's just reasonable pricing.

70 degrees in furmark in the latest Strix review I read. 50% fans.

>They have done it with the 300 series. They will do it again with the 400 series.

please explain how, given that they're selling a $200/$230 card that is on par or beats everything from last gen except the Fury X and Pro Duo.

the Polaris 11 will likewise completely obsolete every low-end desktop GPU in the 300 series as well.

Intel's processors have been stagnating quite a bit recently, they even ditched the tick tok model for more gradual reform. The 6700k is not outdated by any means and is the highest end consumer grade processor of its generation. If that is a bottleneck for this demo, then AMD is using Nvidia tier marketing to mislead you about the performance of a single GPU.

And why didn't they show more tech specs/benchmarks to give an idea of how a single GPU performs? Why doesn't the NDA lift until launch day when Nvidia lifted their NDA much sooner? Is it because AMD knows they have a turd on their hands? If this thing is really 980 tier for $199/$239 and consumes a fraction of the power, they should be all over showing it off, but they're not.

>I'm going to make all kinds of dumb fuck assumptions based on nothing but ignorance

Jesus Christ, kid. You're too fucking stupid for words. You just compared a 4ghz Skylake system to a 3.5ghz Haswell system and pretended like gaming results were directly comparable. Think for one second in your pathetic life.

>No Radix Sort
I'm kind of disappointed. Would love to see how it stacks up visually with Heap and Merge sort.

It will deprecate them. Obsolete is not used as a verb outside of Burgerstan and those fat fucks are irrelevant.

As long as the processor isn't the bottleneck in this system, then both processors are sufficiently fast enough that the differences shouldn't have more than a small difference in fps. But if the processor is the bottleneck, then AMD is lying through their teeth about the performance of this.

Angry birds? More like pile of turds!

It's a fun game user.

>I have literally no idea how anything works
>mindlessly regurgitating "bottleneck" meme bullshit from Sup Forums

Both the CPU and the GPU are always a "bottleneck" to varying degree in gaming workloads. You never run into an instance where the CPU just stops being relevant to frame rates. At excessively high resolutions the balance just tips towards the GPU becoming the larger limiting factor since it is handling vastly more of the workload.
Seriously, go get murdered.

>to varying degree
And that does not justify AMD is using a game that is more CPU intensive when trying to show off how powerful a GPU is. Now tell me, if this is really equivalent to last gen's high end cards for lower price with a fraction of the power consumption, why is AMD being so secretive about the performance of a single 480? Why aren't they all over releasing benchmarks for other games if their claims hold up? Why is the NDA so delayed?

>Seriously, go get murdered.
Why are AMDrones so triggered that they want to exterminate people who disagree with them? I always see antisemitic remarks from AMD fanboys about Nvidia, is AMD the official CPU/GPU brand of fascism?

They didn't release fury nano benchmarks, did they? and now thats even better than they said it would be

AMD has never ceased of being an option. Especially outside the US - where nvidia price gouging is even more pronounced.

Besides, Amd played the enthusiast premium overtax and got instant karma from intel. (maybe they're simply replaying the same game against nvidia from a different perspective this time around). And as a alst point, if the yields are good, on a small chip and they feel like they can price aggressively why wouldn't they do so to regain market share? It would actually be a lot less sensible to overprice their polaris chips to the highest profitability possible when you're trying to regain market penetration.

>hurrrrrrrfff I was wrong about literally everything so far
>I'm just going to keep talking out of my asss
>HAVING AN NDA BEFORE A PRODUCT RELEASE IS A HUGE CONSPIRACY GUYS I KNOW BECAUSE CLEARLY I'M INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO DEDUCE SUCH A THING

You literally deserve death for being this monumentally stupid.

>die shrink
>rebrand
Kill yourself.

Nvidia shills working overtime to spread FUD.

>>hurrrrrrrfff I was wrong about literally everything so far
Nope. I'm using AMD's own fucking marketer as a source to get the 34.2 fps figure. If this game is even more CPU bound than GPU, and their test setup used an extremely high end processor, all the poorfags buying this card will not get the advertised performance. Now matter how you slice it, the 480 does not get the same performance of last gen's high end cards in a situation that is very ideal for AMD no less.

>>HAVING AN NDA BEFORE A PRODUCT RELEASE IS A HUGE CONSPIRACY GUYS I KNOW BECAUSE CLEARLY I'M INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO DEDUCE SUCH A THING
Then why doesn't Nvidia make their NDA's lift on launch day? People who bought the 1080 and people who will buy the 1070 on launch day at least have the ability to read the reviews of the card before making a decision. AMD wants you to blindly buy their product. Either their marketing department is monumentally retarded and deserves to die with me, or they're trying to cover up the fact that they have a turd on their hands.

or, think about it: if your sole competitor is (unarguably) overpricing its products and you can still maintain decent profitability (small chips and according to rumors good yields) while engaging in a good old fashioned dumping strategy, why wouldn't you? It's not even a underhanded move from AMD since nvidia positioned themselves in that spot (exactly in the same way AMD did back then with their original fx-51 processors).

The i7 6700k performs better than the i7 5930k AMD used in their test system in this game.

Get this through your head. Tech. Illiterate. Retard.

290x performance, supposedly. For reference, my 290 gets playable frame rates in everything at 1080p with max settings.

cuz i play at 1080p 60fps and a 980ti seems overkill for that

also they are NOT selling it for 200$

also it uses like 300 joogoowatts of power as opposed to the 100 watts of the rx 480

ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/ladders/benchmark/overall/Crazy_1080p?viewType=myself&filters={"cpu":"Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz","gpu":"AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series","api":"DirectX 12"}
Even several year old i5s get 38 fps on the same benchmark. The rx 480 simply does not perform as well as AMD's last gen high end cards in a situation that is ideal for AMD cards in the first place.

basically no one plays games above 1080p or above 60hz. if you look at steam hardware survey, which is a pretty big indicator of where the pc market is, only like 4% of people play at resolutions higher than 1080p.

blowing money on on a 1070 or 1080 or whatever you're advocating for is a big dumb waste for 96% of people.

Here come the Ashes benches

why would AMD use the posterboy game for dx12 -- which is by the way 'inspired' by their own mantle initiative? I wonder why would they try to promote something that puts a spotlight on them accross several generations of hardware and software development. They must be all flaming retards like yourself.

>Then why doesn't Nvidia make their NDA's lift on launch day?
release strategies probably machinated exactly in roder to counter AMD's own schedule? And if you diodn't notice it was a plain ole paper launch. But you must have your head so far up your diarrhea green ass that you failed to take that tidbit into account.

>the tech illiterate retard won't stop shitposting
forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2475414

None of those benches you just linked have comparable hardware configurations and/or settings. Not a single one is using 8X AA, and the AMD demo did.

Go kill yourself.

The level of autism in this thread gave me cancer. Now I remember why I haven't been in this sperg orgy in months.

>why would AMD use the posterboy game for dx12 -- which is by the way 'inspired' by their own mantle initiative?
Why does their new card get less than 35 fps in their posterboy game? Isn't that slightly worrying to you? That they expect you to buy TWO cards to get decent performance?

>I wonder why would they try to promote something that puts a spotlight on them accross several generations of hardware and software development. They must be all flaming retards like yourself.
Why can't they show off that AND more standard benchmarks? Is it because their standard benchmarks are dogshit?

>And if you diodn't notice it was a plain ole paper launch
Nvidia still did that and they lifted their NDA well in advance of the actual launch of their cards. When AMDrones shit on Nvidia, they have the privilege of using actual benchmarks/thermal performance/etc. When anyone criticizes AMD, they always get to fall back on the "we just don't know" while believing that this card will perform as well as a 980 and planning on buying it.

> Why is the NDA so delayed?

people complain when there paper launches.
people complain when there aren't paper launches.

AMD can never win.

Meanwhile Nvidia always seems to be right.
When they paper launch, it's brilliant. They're building the hype.
When they hard launch, it's awesome. Only solid companies put their chips all in without concern for any other shenanigans.

ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/687f2890-ba32-4665-a3ae-f6178c3612ed/match-details/f86fe4ae-0269-4d6c-acf1-f68b2f328460
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/5a674cca-f35f-4213-91ff-75f0382edcba/match-details/915efade-a2b4-4ba8-b1eb-8b3314b0fcb8
Both of those have 4x AA. I'm still looking for one that uses 8x AA. Those two benchmarks STILL outperform the 480. And yes, it's not a perfect setting because the rigs are not exactly equivalent, but tons of difference processors still get around 43-42 fps with the 390x.

>They're building the hype.
WITH NO BENCHMARKS FOR A SINGLE CARD. They know that a lot of people will buy this on hype alone before benchmarks are even out. It's an Nvidia tier scheme.

>actual benchmarks.
Like the ban on benchmarks from OC'ed Titan X's or no more shiny new toys for all of you beautiful reviewers and tech journalists?

I criticised AMD by calling their marketing Nvidia tier. I can criticize both. AMD has said themselves they're tired of playing second fiddle on the low end, I'm 99% sure we're going to see them act more and more like Nvidia because what Nvidia does gets sales, AMD wants sales.

No shit, it's a top of the line card.

>even more asspulls after getting blown the fuck out

>even more desperate shitposting
>STILL posting benches with dissimilar settings

How do you go through life being this fucking dumb? There is a big performance hit for MSAA, and you're still not even looking at the right fucking processor. Jesus.
The i7 5930K+R9 390X result cataloged there, with 4X MSAA, is pulling 39fps average.
The test system AMD had with the same processor and a single RX 480 pulls 34.2fps, with 8X MSAA.

The RX 480 is 36CU. The R9 390X is 44CU.
Entry level GPUs for VR are considered to be the GTX 970 and R9 390 by Oculus. The RX 480 is advertised as being an affordable low power entry level VR card.
There is no performance discrepancy anywhere to be found. The 480 performs exactly as one would expect it to, no one is going out of their way to hide anything.

You honest to god deserve death. Kill yourself.

>1080p 60 fps
>in the year of our lord 2016

The 290? That's a card from two generations ago, and it wasn't even top of the line then.

meme this

Oculus and VR in general are niche bullshit segments and the fact that pajeet over at team red shills this crap while staring at a twitter feed spells fucking DOOM for AMD. Pun intended.

>>even more asspulls after getting blown the fuck out
How is that an asspul? I want more than 35 fps. AMD themselves said multiple times they're bringing console quality gaming to PC in their presentation.

>The test system AMD had with the same processor and a single RX 480 pulls 34.2fps, with 8X MSAA.
Theoretically. AMD didn't release any single card benchmarks, because they're afraid to. For all we know, the 1.83x scaling could be a lie, like the lied the first time by saying it 1.51x, implying single card performance was better than it actually is.

In my opinion Nvidia managed to spread the halo effect very efficiently accross the lower end customers. AMD won't try counter that in the same fashion, but by the means of a dump strategy which has been kinda set by Nvidia themselves. And either way, the only counter maneuvre would be a down price war on the low-mid end. Which is awesome for everyone (except for diehard Nvidia fanboys who are apparently all filtthy rich and despise poor people who dare to spend less than 500 dollars on a video cards).

>The rx 480 simply does not perform as well as AMD's last gen high end cards in a situation that is ideal for AMD cards in the first place.
Of course it doesn't compete with Fury, and calling Ashes ideal for AMD is irrelevant, since DX12 won't magically skyrocket a card to a different place in the lineup.

Why did they use 8x AA when all the available benchmarks use 4x? Are they afraid of people being able to compare their new cards to their old ones?