Why does everybody hate 16:10 monitors?

Why does everybody hate 16:10 monitors?

friendly reminder to not reply to this makishit cancer

but Sup Forums worships them, hell people here would rather have a 1280x800 over 1366x768 even though it's less pixels.

Stop replying to shitty bait.

What shitty bait?

I have one 16:9 and a 16:10, and they do not wirk great together, especially not with a 690.

bump

Kill yourself faggot.

Why?

I love 16:10 monitors because I get them on the cheap on ebay because normalshits don't like them because muh movies won't fit them.

And if that monitor has DisplayPort and no HDMI it's twice as nice.

>tfw rMBP is 16:10

>hating 16:10
>hating the ratio that's only ~.018 away from golden ratio

16:9 is fine if your resolution is high enough to make up for its anemic vertical resolution. For instance, 2560x1440 is a pretty great 16:9 resolution.

1366x768 sucks ass because 768 pixels height is actually more like 512 pixels or something with all the taskbars, toolbars, menubars, status bars, tab bars, etc account for which means any kind of content with more than a postage stamp's worth of imformation is going to be an infernal scrollfest unless you resort to NEET weeblord tiling WMs and turn off all the bars.

1280x800 isn't that great of a resolution either but it takes some of that width and reallocates it where it's most direly needed on such low resolutions.

3000:2000 master race.

Eat shit from your hands 16:10 faggots.

because the only thing that it's good for is movies.

sauce

And even then, if you watch any shows made before the past decade or so 16:9 sucks because letterboxing 4:3 content produces football field-sized black bars on the sides that are far more egregious than the bars 16:10 produces letterboxing 16:10 or 4:3.

>letterboxing 16:10
*letterboxing 16:9

No 16:9 resolution is fine. I mean it's usable, but all the aspect ratio's really good for is watching modern media.

Because square monitors are a thing of the past.

>Thinking 16:10 is good because it is approximately the Golden Ratio
>Not worshipping 4:3 when it is EXACTLY a Pythagorean triple
Stay pleb