Windows 10 is fucking atrocious

I'm ready to go back to Windows 7. What am I missing if I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/feedback-diagnostics-privacy-faq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing, install Gentoo instead!

Nothing, install GNU/Linux instead!

Install Windows 8.1, it's basically an improved W7.

Nothing, install Windows 10 instead!

DX12

Nothing, install Vista instead!

Nothing, install OS/2 instead!

Nothing, install windows 2003 server edition instead!

>What am I missing if I do?
The fucked up usb microphone driver
fuck microsoft.

DirectX 12, future upgrades

whats wrong with it? i have no problems with it whatsoever

I agree. The 8.1 has anything that you need atm. Just make sure you install Classic Shell after the completing the installation and you're good.

>if it's off for a while we'll turn it back on automatically.
Something tells me that they themselves do that, not the software. That's how good the surveillance is.

>sure is Sup Forums in here

DirectX12

Shouldn't windows 10 support a modified bash shell soon ? Once it does I'm not sure why you'd go back to any older version.

You're missing about 3 unimportant games and really fast gamecube/wii emulation

There's people who don't need that

This desu theyve crossed a line somewhere in all this and im sticking with Sup Forums
avoid win 10

about 25% performance in vidya gaem

that look like the logo to NoScript

>install classic shell with the windows 7 start orb
make will win10 look more sane, but it won't stop it from anally raping your freedom

Nothing, Windows 10 is broken shit.
Botnet shit to one side, I've installed it on 3 machines before and every single time it has broken after a couple months. Be it WiFi not working, not accessing the hard drive. And every single time from day 1 my connection in games is disgusting. Must be all the communicating with microshill that my PC is doing.

On my main machine it actually seemed like it was resisting my uninstall of it. It refused to open programs that created bootable USBs and refused to open any partition program I installed. My restart and shutdown buttons did absolutely nothing.

People who say "Windows N is terrible! I want to use Windows N-1!" are like those who say "The Republicans have let me down! I'm voting Democrat!"

So fucking bluepilled.

I feel conflicted because I see a shitton of people having issues with it that I couldn't reproduce. I haven't used this system for long enough, but so far I haven't run into issues. On one side, the whole forcing people to upgrade and update is really shady shit and I would never condone it, but on the other hand it's looking the same way XP and W7 were back in the day with people staying and people moving on until the latter was perfected.

Also I haven't tried my current build with specific games, but Ishiiruka with DX12 works fucking sweet and I keep seeing benchmarks that show that w10 still surpasses the previous systems in terms of performance. And I like to make good use of my hardware.

Still I don't dig how it looks for instance and how tampering with the system is more complex and time wasting

>I feel conflicted because I see a shitton of people having issues with it that I couldn't reproduce. I haven't used this system for long enough, but so far I haven't run into issues.
this. until yesterday, when I discovered that from 8 to win10, microsoft changed something in their usb microphone driver and ALL OF THEM (which would use that, because on 7 and earlier it just werk) are now basically useless.
tl;dr: its just a matter of time

Nothing if you're a consumer.

But let's be real, who the fuck cares about the consumer anyway, just install GNU/Linux when you're at it.
When you think "Windows 10 is fucking atrocious", you wouldn't buy an XBox One, or a Hololens, or any Windows 10 IoT devices. The entire point of the Windows 10 free upgrade was to get you into the Windows 10 ecosystem. Therefore, if you're not interested in the ecosystem, they don't give two shits about you.

The whales and enterprises are Microsoft's target audience. Save me for your bickering, all of you le ebin "winblows 10 is so baaad xdddd" and just install GNU/Linux and forget Windows ever existed.

>>sure is /poo/ in here

MUH GAYMEN

Wintards will defend this

Windows 10 is phenomenal.

You're missing performance increases, some app integrations, the Linux terminal integration, easier theming.

I'm not sure why you would ever consider going to 7

10 poos have been added to your loo account

security updates, enjoy your viruses

Window 7 EOL is January 14, 2020

4 whole years, whoopdifucking doo

Nah

Here's what microsoft collects based on your feedback settings :

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/feedback-diagnostics-privacy-faq

They only added a middle man tap for the NSA, it's the same driver otherwise.

>As we describe in the Microsoft Privacy Statement, we share personal data, among Microsoft-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries
>we share personal data
Not even hiding it, huh?

Sounds like bollocks

now remove all the data collection on it and give users more control over it then I will make the switch in a heart beat.

>ITT pic related

This. Let me strip it down to as bare as I want, IE remove unnecessary languages, applications (including onedrive and skype etc) and all modern UI apps and give me real control over whats happening in the background and I'd seriously consider it.

I'm fucking around with Winreducer to see how much I can strip and still keep it useful.

> ITT - People with something to hide

You all are starting to sound like a bunch of freedom hating terrorists.

it is none of their business to be collecting my passwords,pictures,videos or documents. also their is no proof that data collection is going to stop terrorist

Since you implied you have nothing, and I mean NOTHING to hide, can you please share where you live, your credit/debit card number along with your SSN, and all of your usernames and passwords along with the lists of sites that work with said usernames and passwords? We need those to enhance your experience at Sup Forums.

Not saying hes right but if he would pist his shit here people would fuck around with it. In MS' hands his info is just used for ads and shit. MS would never use his credit card info for example, some guy from here would

What im trying to say here is that your argument is shit

bash, dx12, all future updates, virtual desktops, faster startup times.

>people are unironically liking the fact that a curryniger cucks them
How low can manchildren fall?

Sup Forums is the smartest board on this website please help me.

You realize you can do all of that, right?

Uninstall the things you don't want, what a novel concept.

You voluntarily give up more personal information via your smart phone and browsing history.

I'm not sure what this ridiculous narrative against telemetry is about, other than the usual suspects of ignorant people doing their chicken-little privacy bleating.

Anonymous user data is collected from pretty much any Internet connected application you run these days, and virtually any website you visit (and if they don't currently collect it, it's all logged should they choose to collect it).

>In MS' hands his info is just used for ads and shit

Right up until they get hacked or the company they sell the info to gets hacked.

There is no way to justify it, especially not security.

Nothing, install JuicyBlackDick9000 instead!

Can you remove the windows store? I don't mean disable it, I mean REMOVE it without breaking a lot of other shit.

It's not as simple as you make it. Have a play with winreducer ex100 and show me just how easy it is to remove certain features, test it out in a VM and basically trial and error for days.

Jared got ratted out by the executive of his foundation not because of W10 dumb dumb, but it's good to make the pedos paranoid.

>0.006 kWh have been deposited into your energy stores, Microsoft Promotion Bot #22DA-02. Thank you.

>Anonymous user data is collected from pretty much any Internet connected application you run these days
>Anonymous user data is collected
>Anonymous user data
>Anonymous

Support for anything in the future, you'll be staving off the inevitable when it loses support in 2020. Dualboot 10 and linux and use linux as a workstation if you're a programmer or something. If you're just a regular Sup Forums poster and play video games just stick with 10

>give up more personal information via your smart phone

what is rooting and installing a custom rom

>browsing history

what is naked browser

I'm a sysadmin by trade (shitposting from work, in fact). I don't really care what MS collects from our work computers, personally I use mostly debian/ubuntu even at work. We decided some time ago to update our infrastructure to win10 and here I am, upgrading our licences a few at a time, about twenty to go.

Most critical services run on linux or freebsd anyway (well there's one machine which has a winxp, but that's a different story).

>I don't really care what MS collects from our work computers
I hope you get the boot soon

DX12, some hard drive space, VHDX support, native ISO mounting, RAM compression.

Well... obviously you need to delete system32 folder. Duuuh!

>He thinks Windows 7 is not infected with telemetry botnet
>He fell for the botnet meme meme

>some hard drive space
wtf are you talking about
> native ISO mounting
> VHDX support
in w8

dx12 memes and literally nothing else

also reminder that virtually everyone but microsoft is supporting vulkan anyways

Not OP, but for some unknow reason, my 8.1 refuse to run programs made in Pascal I need at work. 7 runs without problems and without additional actions needed, even 10 runs it without problems.

For some reason 8.1 cant and NOBODY could tell me why.

w10 occupies less space, especially if put onto a small partition. Rather than have a 4GB recovery partition, they have a cut down system residing in a ~0.5GB partition, with the bulk sitting on the main OS partition.
Previous version of windows do not have these space considerations.
And OP was asking about 7, not 8, so he misses the features of 8 & 8.1 as well.

Nothing. Ignore any Sup Forums morons and shills trying to tell you otherwise.

Are loos those little guys Horton found on a flower?

Don't forget that you can finally fucking compress the shitty winsx folder with compact.exe.

Wait, you don't have to do that manually anymore?
FUCK
Went through that headache on 10 not too long ago.

yeah its compact.exe /compactos:always

I think it's just for the winsxs folder. Compression ratio was around 1.7 so it freed up a couple of GB. I'm still fucking around with in inside a VM to see how small I can get it to go without breaking everything.

Try making a trimmed installer. Pre-compression I got Enterprise down to 9.8GB all told, with 2 languages.

I've been fucking around with winreducer ex100 but I'm struggling not breaking search and a few other things. Keeping windows update and add & remove feature going is quite hard.

It also frequently freezes when removing languages. I'm sitting at around 10gb fully installed and functional, including a 1gb pagefile but most of the languages are still installed.

>people unironically worrying about 2-3 gbs here and there

Is this 2000? 2TB HDDs are literally $50 now.

I get the feeling once Server2016 hits RTM we could see some ultralight builds based on nano.
And yeah, languages take forever to uninstall.
When you have 6 VM's sitting on solid state storage, you don't want to waste space.

>And yeah, languages take forever to uninstall.
I had three VMs making three different ISOs to test out and only one fininshed the next morning.

It's all running off an SSD so it shouldn't take THAT long. All in all most builds complete in about half an hour or so.

Hmm. Off an HDD work area, Mine took ~hour without gutting the languages, not quite 2 with.

>Shouldn't windows 10 support a modified bash shell soon?
It's not actually a "modified bash shell" at all, it's a Linux subsystem (reimplemented most of the Linux Kernel API to redirect into Windows API calls) that they run a custom Ubuntu distro on (which by default starts with Bash)

>Op dont like buy high quality software of trusted sources (Store) and prefer Cnet downloads.

Enjoy when the next Office is Store exclusive

What do you use to modify the ISOs? Winreducer is still in alpha so it's pretty much a gamble, hence why I make three at the same time because something usually ends up going wrong.

Even removing modern UI applications fucks with the search somehow and search is one of the few things I actually want to keep.

I dont understand why Sup Forums is obsessed with "botnets", why botnets ruin you life? dont like that someone spy you ""super secret hacker files"?

I remember when Gentoo and Ubuntu added that Amazon Shopping len and everybody mindblow about botnets

It's about principle and privacy. Trying not to be deceitful about it helps too.

WinreducerEX100.

Did you follow a guide or just trial & error? Does your search bar in the taskbar still work?

Trial & error. It works, kinda. I disable web searches & Cortana anyway, so If those break, I don't know nor care. Local works.

>Posting from work
I sure hope your not on windows 10, maybe your boss will buy your web searching history from microsoft to see if your a good employee.

If you're not a huge gamer, you should install Linux instead. It's better in every way.

>I hope you get the boot soon
In fact they made me an offer to buy a part of the company so I'm a partner nowadays, so this is unlikely for the time being

Like I said, I personally use linux even for work. And I use my home vpn to shitpost.

Look, I hate win10 as much as everyone else. Thing is that I admin an engineering company, our software simply does not run on linux. We could stay on win7, but eventually we'd be fucked anyway.

Well there's siemens nx, but that would be nearly $100k per licence so that's kinda out of our budget.

>what am I missing?
Gentoo.