> user shaders:
- gist.github.com/igv
- gist.github.com/voltmtr

> low preset:
vo=opengl:deband:blend-subtitles
hwdec=auto-copy
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake/blob/master/packages/ffmpeg-0002-Add-HEVC-intrinsics.patch
a.pomf.cat/vkyaao.webm
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/a02d77ba0df747b60ffad7d2a5eacfc6528aabef
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/9eccedf4471621dcb82219a657141bf5960b77dd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What makes it so special?

I like that logo apart from the color being a bit on the gay side of purple/lavender.

Is there anyway to speed up HEVC decoding? I can manage 720p playback but it keeps stuttering on complex scenes like rain. 2Ghz Core Duo

what are your settings?

Just vo=opengl but I get the warning 'most extended features will be disabled' so the intel GPU must not be doing much.

Here's a GUI.
Though MPV is most efficient on command line.

do you use build from sourceforge?
it should be faster because I believe it includes this patch
github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake/blob/master/packages/ffmpeg-0002-Add-HEVC-intrinsics.patch

any advancement on that trakt.tv plugin? ;)

Enable --hwdec=auto-copy

>HEVC
>2Ghz Core Duo

HDR
SDR + faux-hdr
SDR

HDR seems a bit dark to me. Probably need to configure target-brightness?
faux-HDR looks good.
SDR (8bit h.264) is just meh...

auto-copy is not valid for my mpv. just auto shows it attempting vaapi but can't open i915_drv_video.so. I'm guessing there is no acceleration possible no something this old

I can dream right? This machine is still quite usable but I'm bumping up against some hard limits for content consumption.

so, you are on linux, compile mpv yourself then with this patch

>they're all SDR screenshots
you fucking idiots will swallow up anything marketing throws your way

oh, hi retarded, how is your retarded life is going?

>anything
I didn't and still don't care about 3D TV's or VR
?

>--hwdec=auto-copy
whats the difference between that and --hwdec=auto?

have you tried reading the manual?

haha nigga just use madvr and nnedi3 256 neurons and superres all my hentai and anime look fucking crisp as fuck haha nigga really

>github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake/blob/master/packages/ffmpeg-0002-Add-HEVC-intrinsics.patch
I'll try that. Does this have any chance of getting into mainstream ffmpeg?

ffmpeg doesn't accept intrinsics, it should be converted to assembly for it to happend.

thanks

can you windowsbuildfags include the development shared library as well? Like how srsfcknbiz does, but his shit is rarely updated

retarded much?

? None of them include the dll and headers like srsfckbiz dev releases

bt.2020 content when?

who gives a fuck the builds play videos haha you fucking autist

As soon as Ultra-HD blurays are cracked (AACS v2). Give it a few months.

i want to make a video player you autist

And it still will be SDR according to some retards

Oh so that's why UHD blurays haven't appeared on torrent sites yet. I totally forgot they need to be cracked first.

>You can drag n drop subtitle files from your file manager into the video to display them
Damn, why didn't I tried that sooner? This is comfy.

Square logo when?

How can I watch a 60fps video with mpv?

mpv FILE

have you tried reading the manual?

HDR monitor = SDR display with a higher brightness

swallow it up, cuck. I know you love your brightness war

kys

now

lachs0r fix that goddamn problem with the ALT+TAB on fullscreen mode on windows

I'm not lachs0r but what is this problem?

stop using windows

Not square enough, but thanks for the effort.

linux is for fuggs

put a video on full screen then try to switch programs with ALT TAB

and? works fine

Works on my machine.

it doesn't for me, windows 8.1

there you go senpai

ANGLE is throwing this
[vo/opengl-hq/d3d11-egl-rgb] Failed to create D3D11 Device: Unspecified error (0x80004005)
on red with hwdec=auto or hwdec=auto-copy on nvidia drivers, hardware decoding itself works fine even with the error. You might want to suppress it because it makes people confused. (possible driver issue?)

No errors with hwdec=dxva2 . Using sourceforge build and vo=opengl-hq in config

Which GPU? Does dxinterop work? (--vo=opengl:backend=dxinterop) Do you have a multi-monitor machine? The default backend (backend=win) uses WGL, which enters exclusive fullscreen mode randomly depending on the whim of the driver developer. That might cause problems with Alt+Tab if it also refuses to leave exclusive mode. The next mpv build will use ANGLE as the default backend.

intel hd 3000
No fucking clue what that is
My laptop supports more monitors but I'm using just one
I have mpv set to enter FS automatically

>command line

Do I really need that? I just set it as the default program and use it to open video files, seems to work with my .conf.

>I have mpv set to enter FS automatically
Does it work better when this isn't the case?

I'm not confident that dxinterop works on that GPU, but you could try adding vo=direct3d to your config instead. That's the only thing I can think of other than waiting for a build with ANGLE (or using one of the Git builds in the OP.)

just tested it, it doesn't.

I use the default vo config so I don't know what to type on mpv.conf. I don't know this stuff like you guys, I just like the player more than mpchc

from last thread
latest mpv use DirectComposition in angle..so that probably the fault here. Build 1st of June 2016 doesnt yet use DirectComposition
Your drivers can't handle angle DirectComposition? Try with git-9f42760.7z build from sourceforge?

A little too plain. Also triangles are fine.

Triangle is too big. It's left size is longer then the others.

Rounded egdes. Also what with that shadow?

Yeah, I'm quite picky

Yeah, if it gets that error when it's auto-probing, it probably shouldn't print it in red. Which Windows version by the way? The d3d11-egl-rgb hwdec might only work on 8+, which would mean it prints that error for all 7 users.

Right i'm on W7

hey it works now, I added direct3d and it worked. Will this have any influence on video quality?

It's probably not much different to vo=opengl, but it would definitely be worse than vo=opengl-hq. The direct3d backend is only meant as a last resort if nothing else works. For example, it only supports bilinear scaling and it only does hardware colour conversion for yuv420p and NV12 input.

I really hope that bug doesn't affect all HD 3000 users. If it does, mpv will probably have to have an option to disable DirectComposition.

Also, if fullscreen DirectComposition swapchains are broken, then things like Windows Store games should be broken too, so maybe mpv and/or ANGLE is doing something wrong here.

just use mpchc

This too tbqh. I like mpv, but if you can't use vo=opengl{,-hq} you might as well be on MPC-HC. mpv's Direct3D render is not really maintained or cared about.

When memory leak with user hooks will be fixed?

What memory leak?

when using 'w' - 'e' with a shader that hooks SCALED

Fixed.

What's with the ugly ass logo
Almost every player I've used has that feature.
?
a.pomf.cat/vkyaao.webm
Latest bitbucket build.
>windows 8.1
Just get W10 or Linux or W7

Madoka's mom is the best.

>Almost every player I've used has that feature.
Yeah, but I kinda assumed mpv doesn't because it focuses so much on terminal usage. I just always typed (well, autocompleted) mpv video.mkv --subs-file sub-file.ssa even though I was in a filemanager either way most of the time.

Okay, I can reproduce it. (As well as a number of other memory leaks related to resizing)

Seems to be a GPU driver issue. It's triggered by FBO resizes. Every time you change panscan or change the window size, the texture needs to be resized to the new size. This apparently introduces a memleak on nvidia drivers, and probably others

I can work around it by making the FBO texture fuzzy (like we do for interpolation), but that could possibly break some user shaders.

Maybe I could add some sort of work-around in the form of allowing user shaders to bind textures in fuzzy mode instead of regular mode? Seems ugly though.

Actually, the issue was dumber than that: The FBO resize never deleted the old FBO.

Should be fixed in master.

I know flip and mirror exist as video filters, but how do I bind those to a key? There doesn't seem to be a command or a property in the vein of video-rotate.

I just looked at my Administrative Events and there are a lot of Application Errors, all of them are Faulting application name: mpv.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57584159
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll_unloaded, version: 10.0.10586.122, time stamp: 0x56cc089f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000006445b

First one occured on 28.05.2016

try asking for it on the github, looking trough the manual you can't add it as a keybind.

Also lua scripting might work.

You can do it with a lua script

you can do it without a lua script too

X vf toggle mirror

Thanks. A bit unintuitive but it works.

I can't live without ewa_lanczossharp, deband, display-resample and interpolation.

Possibly crashing on exit because of this commit?
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/a02d77ba0df747b60ffad7d2a5eacfc6528aabef

Maybe those dll unloaded in code before exiting? I don't know shit about this

Or github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/9eccedf4471621dcb82219a657141bf5960b77dd
I'm trying to use fresh builds

>Possibly crashing on exit
Yes, crash on exit (pic related) if I start mpv from command line.

How do I use the preset code?
Where do I paste it?

What to use on my windows, dxinterop or angle? They both work fine.

>I can't live without ewa_lanczossharp, deband,
what do they even do and what settings should I try

When I use angle it fucks up my subtitles, mind sharing your config?

Holy
shit
justuse
VLC
faggots.

Fuck you, basement dweller.

Don't talk when grown-ups discuss unless you're spoken to, you massive cunt

>basement dweller.
>spends hours configuring a player to play anime at its top most weeb potential.
Got me there, bro. Keep spittin that real talk nigga. You sure is one fly motha fucka. I'll go back to dwelling in a basement, watching anything i want by simple clicking on the file.

>basement dweller.
>spends hours configuring a player to play anime at its top most weeb potential.
nice assumptions you got there faggot.

why do you care so much ?

Well, it's nothing special, almost like in OP.

vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:tscale=oversample:blend-subtitles:backend=dxinterop
video-sync=display-resample
hwdec=no

deband-threshold=48
deband-grain=0

## Window
--geometry 50%:50%
--autofit-larger=100%x93%

## Audio
alang=ja,jpn,jap,Japanese,en,eng,English
audio-channels=2.0

## Subtitles
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll
slang=en,eng,English

## OSC
--script-opts=osc-hidetimeout=500,osc-layout=bottombar,osc-timetotal=yes,osc-minmousemove=0,osc-timems=no,osc-vidscale=no,osc-seekbarstyle=bar

## OSD
--no-osd-bar
--osd-font-size=16

## Playback Control
[extension.gif]
loop-file=inf

[extension.webm]
loop-file=inf

## Youtube
ytdl=yes
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

Can youtube-dl+mpv play a playlist?
How can I see the playlist list?

guessing you use

mpv youtubeplaylisturl

yes

F9 show-text ${playlist}

i find it amusing knowing that you can't ever watch a video without costantly thinking about what settings you need to tweak

at least the guy who made mpv can program and got a job from it. you're just a fucking loser playing in a text file

And I find it amusing that you shitposting about program you never realy used. Tried once at best.

Whats the status on lachs0r's builds? Its been almost 2 months.

>F9 show-text ${playlist}
This is all it does?