Name Some No Nonsense CPU Coolers

Must not be a meme cooler marketed towards Faggots

nice meme

Self bump

You're dumb enough so that anything recommended you'll call a meme

Sorry you only use hipster CPU coolers.

Pic related doesn't have any nonsense fans.

I don't want the evo. But I like how it looks functional

Is that the interior of a washing machine????

>look at list of cpu coolers
>google one which looks appealing visually and by price
>find out temps and noise
>buy it

o wat a meme :_DDDD

Looks like chink shit

hyper 612s.
i bought it while it was cheaper than the 212 evo.

Looks big. Does it cool better than an evo?

mugen masterrace reporting in

Is the cryorig h7 any good senpai? Looks sexy

Is this one particularly bad? Got two on the way to cool Xeon 5650s on a supermicro board I bought off Craigslist for cheap. Wattage to price seemed decent.

It's ok but it has a cult following of hipsters driving the price up unnecessarily

>push/pull
>part of normal airflow path of cool air in the front and hot out the back
>doesnt just blow hot air into the side panel and fuck up airflow

Nice.

Amazon had them at 18 each. I can't say I would've expected anything cheaper. Downside is that I should've noticed the 1366 slots have fucking wings on suermicro boards so attaching them will be entertaining.

Wow. 18 is a steal

I have that. It soothes my autism about processor temps nicely.

Gotta fill out 5 dollar rebates but meh.

also since it has such good airflow you can put a filter on the intake fan so your heat sink doesnt get dusty since dusty air always seems to get in

What do you think about cryorig?

nothing at all. im just memeing. i looked into coolers and thats the one that looked nice and made sense. its sitting in a box still waiting for the cpu to show up in the mail so i can install it

i even ordered meme noctua fans to replace the cooler master one.

All their products on their website are photographed so up close and cool that they're hard to see.
A for effort, go read reviews

Intel Stock Cooler.

Just werks and only ten bucks.

True...some of them look even better than AIO water coolers.

The 212 evo is the memest of coolers, the bequiet shadow rock slim costs the same while being more silent, cooling better, and looking better

>cryorig?

Thermalright TrueSpirit

These fans are fantastic. Well worth getting.

This thread is exactly what I was looking for. How much better would a aio with a 280mm radiator be than a hyper 212 evo?

I know you guys hate corsair but whats wrong with the h100i?

depending on clocks, ambient temps, case airflow it will stomp the shit out of those garbage 212's. if you are on a budget, a 212 is good enough tho.

nothing except price. if you want to style, use an ek predator 240/360.

for the price of an aio (or probably for less, even) you can get an nh-u14s

I know that this thread is about cpu coolers, but can someone tell me what's the best case out there in terms of cooling/airflow?

Meh, I'm actually more interested in the mounting options of a aio. How does the noctua fare against them?

Corsair 750d

Should be better if you set it up right. But they are not that much different from high end air coolers.
I think they are good options if you don't have enough space for big ass air coolers or just want your guts look cool or just have money to spare.

Pick one you like, look up reviews.
>Big enough
>Front intakes, back exhaust, top exhaust.
>No side fans.

uh, for an aio you need space for a radiator (x2 or ideally x3) and the appropriate airflow, for the noctua you don't need anything special assuming your case cost more than £10 and isn't 'small form factor'

I've spoiled myself with EK blocks/rads. they are costly but if you want an aio loop that can easily be added onto they are pretty damn good.

it's been awhile since i've been on air but last system i did for a guy was a 1366 socket with a prolimitech megahelm

as a machinist fag i can tell you they are, or were solid as fuck mounting/build wise.
(pic related)

why no side fans?

well yeah custom loops blow everything out of the water

problem is they're also at least 2x as expensive as the best air coolers that are both quiet and good enough for moderate overclocks on a summer day

also the megahalems is pretty cool, my one had a wonky mounting bar though and I couldn't get it to apply enough pressure, which sucked

NH-U14S requires 165mm of clearance
Hyper 212 EVO requires 159mm of clearance

I've only ever used one for one build to see how they were and that was like 2010, lol err whenever the 1366 socket was new.

before i used the prolimatech i had a 212 and the fucking "X" scissor mount with the tit on it would not seat right. fucking whole cooler wiggled on me when mounted.

>that 212 is sitting on a shelf, collecting dust.

i have this one, its pretty quiet

>prolimatech armageddon, not megahelm

I have this one. Cheap as fuck but cools great.

SilentiumPC Fera 2 (and probably 3, since it is just a refresh?) - very good for cheapo.
Scythe Ninja 4 - less cheapo but very good price/performance. Both have great noise "output" too.

BEHOLD THE MIGHTY ALPENFÖHN

The best you can buy.

This, stock cooling is more than enough for non-OC CPUs. My CPU is running at 59C at full load 3.7 Ghz.

>How much better would a aio with a 280mm radiator be than a hyper 212 evo?
You're comparing a $25 cooler to a >$100 cooler. What are you expecting as an answer?

Just buy the 212 evo and be done with it like 90% of us. Buying anything else in 2016 is pretty much grounds for an autism diagnosis.