Just Ordered Two 1080s

AMD fags please bitch and moan how its wrong for me to spend MY OWN MONEY on a product I want.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487246
marketwatch.com/story/amd-gets-622-million-investment-from-middle-east-firm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

god bless you user, at least you dont spend your money on pro terorism companies like MAD

Doesn't matter, AMD Nvidia Intel. You're a braindead consumer idiot

Just make sure to put it in this.

I bought it because it is my hobby and I have the money. My friend collects expensive watches that are 20,000 a piece. This hobby is much cheaper.

No. I got the Fractal Design S

Gaymen is a degenerate hobby

How are they pro terrorism?

I use it for other shit too. Not just Gaymen

You just fell for bait from a shitty troll.

kek, why should anyone care?
do you think you are some kind of special for wasting money on shit everyone can buy?
wow, you are so damn retarded op.

>amd dindu nuffin
>amd moderate cpu/gpu manufacturer

>EE master race
>85k a year
>buy whatever I want since no kids
>shill wars over a product no one on Sup Forums will even buy because NEETs
Feels pretty good Sup Forumsentlemen. OP Don't pay attention to Sup Forums, just watch from afar and come back in a couple months after 480 release. Hopefully it will turn back to "normal" by then

>yeah guys I just put my dick in a meat grinder even though you told me not to, what are you gonna do about it?

Nothimg, OP

Wow, OP, you bought two cards? Not one, but two? You must be so rich and handsome!

Is that what you wanted to hear?

You'll regret that in two years when the 490X drivers are better and beat that shit in the ground.

No senpai. I'd buy the top card at that time. I am an enthusiast. Not a gamer or your average computer user.

Current AMD user here. Guess that makes me an AMDfag for the time being.
I'll tell you how it's wrong.
I don't like any kind of multiple GPU setup, and especially not so shortly after a card is released.
But here's to it working well for you. Enjoy your hardware.

Yeah like literature, theater and films

enjoy your hardware

Thanks senpai.

I'd buy 2 AMD card if thet are creme de le creme someday.

EE?

nah, thats fine, i just think that right now its just fine to give an amd card a shot. the 1080 doesnt sound so hot

Why the fuck did you make this thread? Nobody cares cunt.

>buying FE
Top kek m8.

Proof or gtfo poorfag.

I highly doubt it, but if you did, I hope you enjoy your purchase :)

Not FE senpai.

gud 4 u?!?!
also this is not your blogger platform, and no one in here cares how you spend your money (you could buy and inject heroin onto your penis if i care)

This. Otherwise keep dreaming, OP.

Kek
>checks Twitter
Oh shit

Electrical Engineering.
Computer Engineering for people that don't actually want to make a lot of money.

I figured after I posted. any tips on getting into this as a career? I haven't started college yet.

You can spend your money however you see fit, OP.

Most of the rest of us are not richfags dropping $1.5k+ on cards that are expected to being even poorer at retaining value than the 980.

> t. RX 480 / GP106 bargainfag

You dun gud then

I'm a Keplerfag, and I'm shaking my head at you when I realize that GP102 information is already starting to dribble out.

Did you people learn nothing from what happened with 980/Titan X/980 Ti?

what the fuck were they thinking?

>bu.... but it's not for ga-gaming too a-a-user!!! I'm also use it for video editing!!! I-I am not degenerate!!! reeeeeee

The only difference is that those watches will be worth at least what he paid for them in 5 years while your rig will be worth pennies.

Why should we? You're free to waste your money.

We're still going to suggest other, more sensible people avoid doing such a stupid thing.

>GP102 information
What do you mean by that?

so much for switching to amd

You clearly know fuck all about high end watches.
They lose 20% value the moment you open the box. Still a much better "investment" than PC hardware.

He must learn on his own, brother, he must learn on his own...

OP and cucks in a years time we will be here for you.

who gives a shit

youre still a fat virgin

These threads are getting tiring ASF and we still have summer and pascal/vega to go

Into EE or CE? This a is a braod question so you are gonna need to specificy a bit, exactly what interests you career wise in 20 years?

there's nothing substantial yet, just the usual shipping manifests and driver table entries, hinting toward a release in 6-9 months.

That said, anyone who buys a $700+ GTX 1080 is either rich, retarded, or both.

Microstuttering?

here at Sup Forums we are pro freedom and this includes the freedom to be retarded

in fact I'd say it's one of the most important

Better than a Titan X at half the cost isn't retarded. Enthusiasts will buy it up in a hot minute.

It's a shame GP102 isn't HBM apparently

Titan X is currently selling for $1100-$1200, GTX 1080 is going on eBay for $800-$900.

You'd be retarded, desperate, or very financially unconstrained to buy either at this very moment.

nobody knows anything right now.
384b GDDR5X or 2x-3x HBM2 are all plausible eventualities.

Everyone knows Nvidia couldn't possibly source enough HBM(2) to meet their demand. They're just too popular to pull it off. If they price it extremely high to compensate then it can't compete with AMD's alternatives.

This is all part of AMD's master plan.

It's kind of disturbing that RX 480 is supposedly on par with Fury despite having only half the bandwidth.

If Polaris 10's 230 mm^2 size is accurate, a Vega with 2x HBM2 would need to be ~450 mm^2 to keep the same logic/bw balance, and a 3x HBM2 GPU with the same balance would be simply too big.

I can easily imagine scenarios where both Nvidia and AMD back off from HBM for now since they threw enough effort at memory compression to mitigate the need.

> not even TI
enjoy getting rekt by single AMD cards at half the price

Bandwidth of course does not mean everything. But it does impact latency.
I wonder how well the 480 does in comparison to frametimes, as well as transitions and loading times?
Perhaps Nvidia can give, sort of like, a "Quality of Life" improvement for a few extra bucks.

>he fell for the "my friends are retarded, therefore im retarded" meme

>X company can't provide X amount of products before a deadline therefore losing possible income
>Somehow this is all AMD's plan

say wut m8 seriously.

>muh premium experience
>the way its meant to be played!

They have the same bandwidth you cuck.

Oh come on. You know he didn't mean it's AMD's plan. But if the HBM supply will really be that low, which it sounds like it is since there's so few cards coming out with them, then Nvidia not being a monopoly does prevent them from setting their prices "too" high.

There were rumors about Zen APUs bringing HBM as a shared memory pool for both CPU and the integrated graphics, and HBM being in low supply could harm the introduction of Zen this way.
So I wouldn't say it's necessarily a good thing, if those rumors were true.

Sort of like that, yes.
During Kepler they boasted about performance per watt, which is quite the marketable point in places like San Francisco and northern Europe, where people with money as well as a love for green things are.

He was talking about the Fury.
I know 1070 and Fury are both 4 characters long, but it's not the same thing.

What the fuck am I looking at?
How can NoVideo charge $400 for this?

It's Nvidia man! :^)

> faster clocked logic
> presumably a bit better memory compression
> tech press enjoys sucking off Jen-Hsun's tiny Taiwanese cock
> fanbase willing to pay anything for "premium" experience

Also, if you think the 1070 will have an average street price around $400 any time soon, you're kidding yourself.

Frankly, I don't expect to see the RX 480 very close to its $200/$230 price points either.

Fuck you amdrone! We use premium materials and premium software and features on our GPUS.

>4/8 GB vram
>0.5 GB

wtf you gonna do with half a GB of VRAM in 2016. is this some kind of 3rd world GPU??

Because is the one of the strongest single GPU you can buy right now.

If AMD wants to charge the same (they charged $500+ when they released the 7000 series because Nvidia had nothing to compete with) they need to release a stronger card.

>inb4 but 2X perform better than a 1080

Yeah you're right two but only in one game and one game that uses MDA mode, you're not going to see the same performance on games that use LDA Implicit/Explicit which is more than 2/3 of the games, in fact Ashes is the only game that supports MDA, not even AMD sponsored games use it.

The rest will use LDA Implicit/Explicit like they have been doing forever, in fact if they can't do LDA Implicit/Explicit, MDA support becomes even more unlikely as its even harder to implement than the former modes.

welp looks like im a #NvidiaMissile now

$380 MSRP and $450 Goyim Edition.
It'll be around $400 for the first month at least, until they let aftermarket cards run wild.

>8gb
>on a 256 bus
what were they thinking

I legit was considering giving AMD a shot until I seen that abomination posted in this thread. I would rather use integrated graphics now. Why the fuck would they do that?

>Why the fuck would they do that?
pander to muslims??? who the fuck knows.

If you look at what's been going on with 1080 sales, the $600 MSRP for non-ref cards is basically fiction.

There are a handful of cards listed at $610/$620, but unless you want the lowest binned ASICs and construction so chinkshit that it will probably give your children cancer, you'll be lucky to find for $800 a card with a nominal retail value of $650-$680.

Paying anything under $500 for the first month or two for a 1070 will be a good find.

New nvidia's cards are extremely overpriced on Turkey, and AMD tries to lure them.

Still you're apparently so unconfident about youe purchase that you have to come to a chinese cartoon board to tell everyone about it.

T. Nvidiafag

What are you talking about EVGA,Gigabyte, Galax and a bunch more have already released their aftermarket cards on neweggs and amazon and only sit around $610-$630, asus is the only one that went as high as $650.

I told you guys AMD was made by poos and mudshits and was inferior quality

you wanted to be in denial and wait, but in the end you get what you pay for

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487246

Build a wall around AMD
Ban all AMD products
Saracen apologists are not allowed

are you familiar with the concept that you have to be able to actually find a seller with stock to buy something?

ebay auctions have been closing mostly in the $800-$850 range

Life is pointless beyond the struggle to stave off boredom.

If buying two video cards can provide you entertainment, it's money well spent.

You already posted this comment. Embarrassing.

>Not waiting and buying two 1080 Tis

lmao

i like computers and money and math

Congrats on your purchase op. Can I see the receipt though?

I'm probably going to get 2 of them as well. I want off of AMD's Crossfire wild ride.

>Just Ordered Two 1080s
wow dude, you are rich!!
I still want my $199 because I love AMD

They don't support TEAMGREEN™.

Kek

Yeah, its 800-900 if you buy secondhand from the scalpers like a retard. 600 dollar cards come out in two days.

marketwatch.com/story/amd-gets-622-million-investment-from-middle-east-firm

AMD got a lot of rich goatfucker investment. The same rich goatfuckers also funded the insurgency in Iraq and (more recently) al nusra and ISIS.

AMD is indirectly supporting these groups by not forcing them to divest.

what's the final verdict on sli capabilities? 2 way at the most or all the way up to 4?

Not that I care that much, just saw something that reiterated that there would be only 2 way, but there are reviewers still saying that they are indeed possible.

Well, you could always purchase and install 4 1080's and have the last 2 of them spinning on idle for the entire system life. I'm pretty nvidia would be quite agreeable with that idea.

It's not that huge of a deal. I bought the 1070 and It's (from the benchmarks) way more card than I actually need. I'm running a 2560x1080 and a regular 1080 monitor both with 60Hz refresh. It's about buying what makes sense and that's really it.

I don't get it. Isn't Ramadan a holiday?

People like you seem to not understand that it just isn't about the brand, it's about the features that come with the brand. I have a Shield Tablet K1 that I use on a regular basis to stream my games to. I don't see a convenient solution like that from AMD and if I did, I could be very tempted to switch and save myself money.