How often do you upgrade to a newer smartphone?

How often do you upgrade to a newer smartphone?

Whenever mine breaks.

this desu senpai

When Verizon let's me get one for free.

Why would anyone do otherwise?

>How often do you upgrade to a newer portable botnet?

When mine becomes annoying to use

when mom wants the phone i have

I've been running on a LG Optimus 3 since like 2013 and I have no reason to change it anytime in the next 15 years.

Every year, but I'm always a couple of years behind so it's cheap.

>When Verizon let's me get one for free
>let's me
>Why would anyone do otherwise?

Confirmed cuck.

When the current one breaks. Comes mostly out at almost once a year. Had this with dumbphones too, I just can't get myself to protect my phone.

Usually , which is usually every two years.

However, this time I'm buying a Moto G as soon as it releases because my two years old Huawei has become a unbearable buggy and laggy piece of shit.

Don't feed

Whenever I feel like it.

So far went from an HTC Desire Z (Late 2010)
to a Moto G 2nd gen (Late 2014)
starting to check out the offerings but haven't found anything too appealing yet.. what I really want is a new 5.5" Nexus with 4-6GB ram, mSD and good battery life.

I will never leave my Note 2

Not ever

When it either gets stolen or two years pass since I got it.

whenever my phone breaks and it becomes not worth ot to repajr, generally about 3 years

I'm legitimately serious, I got a droid max for free last year and It's been just fine.

Don't.
I bought a MXPE and so much has gone wrong with it since september (light bleed, charging issues).
Lenovo literally killed the brand i used to love so much.

1-2 years

As soon as one of my relatives upgrades and I get their previous phone for free

Two years, if it lasts.

The least amount of time I've gone between upgrades would be the Zenfone 2 to my Mi5. The ZF2 is just way too big, don't fall for the 5.5" may may.

Listen, Verizon is cucking you a memetastic way. You are not having phones "for free" your a paying an overpriced contract with allow you to change phone every year, you pay ways more than the real cost of the phone + contract every year

Still on my first one, so...

every year, when the new iPhone is come out

When the battery goes since it's not like they are really easily replaceable now. Plus, at that point the phone is long obsolete, so a bulging battery bending the case is a good excuse.

Meh, it's my parent's money so I'm not paying a dime anyway :^)

You better work hard

Would you buy a car that doesn't let you swap the wheels?

I'm not some basement dweller NEET, I'll say that much.

I haven't yet. Still have the same chink phone for almost four years now.

I get multiple from work every year thrice a year I guess.

Once a year. If there's nothing I like I keep waiting.

>tfw using a nokia
>not even a flip phone, an actual brick
its barely older than I am

Every year.

Every two years

Every three years

When the current one gets unusably slow
So every few years

Nah. I know it's possible in smartphones-I've done it for other people. I've never had a battery go out on me and the first phone I had lasted 10+ years until I moved and have to change carrier and got this smartphone which I have had for a couple years no problems. I generally use electronics until they are notably obsolete and then break enough to not be worth fixing. I got nine years from my last computer until the motherboard died. Dual core from the time when they were just announcing motherboards with dual dual core processors, lasted through quad core up through a few generations of i3.
But, I do repairs on things-stuff designed to be disposable generally has poor part availability after a while. At that point, if you take good care of your devices they can outlast affordable parts or available parts and make just replacing them cheaper.
I'd love to see a smartphone with a replaceable battery though so I don't need to try and design my own.

Every 6 months. I have shekels.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

When mine look like it been trough several wars and about to receive a Purple Heart.

Essentially this.

>Go to after Xmas
>Deciding between Sony, HTC, and droid turbo
>Sony $300
>HTC $200
>Droid $1
>Wait what
>$1 promo deal. Just renew contract and pay tax on phone
>Pay $67 for phone
>Never had a problem with it
>Will likely keep it till it eventually dies or we get a better successor than the turbo 2

I went from a Nexus 4 to a Note 2, to a Note 3, back to the Note 2 and I'm kind of wondering if it's even worth upgrading when all I do on my phone is email and post on Sup Forums.

When dad upgrades his, I upgrade to what he upgrades from.
>Not even joking.
>Not even below 25

Just upgraded
>Got a Galaxy S2 in 2012
>Just used it for Reddit
>Never bothered to upgrade
>Just changed networks and got a Moto X play on it
>Now I can actually do stuff

i get the latest nexus every time

can't wait for next generation, 6p was a let down

As far as my uses on a phone go (texting, email, twitter, browsing, gps) I can't really tell a difference between my first gen Moto G and my current Nexus 6

>When Verizon let's me
>When Verizon let us me
>let us me

How often do I buy a new NSA spytool? once every 6 months because I'm an Appleā„¢ fan! =)

Every month

When the urge strikes.

>tfw glorious s7 edge is not a meme

Every six months usually. Got the s7 edge on announcement. Can't wait to buy the note 6 in a few months time.

I haven't. Still have the same Nexus 4 from when it came out a few years ago. I'll buy a new one when this breaks

I wish I was rich so I could buy every single shitphone in the entire area and crush them all while all the fucking people brainwashed by this shit technology watches and cries.

when it breaks, when it gets slow, when i find a phone that's better that i want to upgrade it to

currently using an s5, have no problems with it. except for finger print reader requiring swiping, and locked bootloader (difficult to install custom ROMs)

>feed bait
>feed
>bait

What?

Once a year

>shit first smartphone
Needed to check emails on the go

Had extra money, tired of a ten second delay opening k9
>nexus 4
Great phone, no sd card, shit battery

Traveling overseas January this year, decided to treat myself to a phone that would last the day, also I was a bit lost in the afternoons without maps
>Moto g 3ed

Going to keep using this for the foreseeable future

4/10 you almost got me

Last year I bought a replacement battery for my Nexus 4... and then a replacement screen

This.
Basically every few years. My previous phone actually lasted me through all of high-school and beyond.
Current phone has only lasted about a year and a half though, and is quickly breaking down, seeing as I intentionally got a cheap model.

Last time I upgraded I went from a Nexus 4 to a G4. I regret it, this phone has been giving me nothing but problems so I'm going to get whichever new Nexus phone that comes out this year.

Confession: I don't have a smartphone

Never. Using my Nexus 5 since launch. Before that I had a flip phone since 2008.

I don't really.

They all seem shit these days.

Can't seem to get smooth running, good battery, and good storage amount in a single phone even if you are willing to pay out the ass for it.

this
before i would switch when technology became obsolete and i have enough money to buy decent new phone but last few broke way before that happened

Well, I got my current one 6 years ago.

Multiple times a year, i trade on craigslist all the time. Only spend 100 bucks every year to trade w.e phone i have for the latest note/note edge

Whenever I feel like it. Given BlackBerry seems to have given up on BB10OS I probably won't be upgrading for years.

>had N95 8gb shortly after release
>then N9 shortly after release
>now Note 3 for 2 years

maybe will change for new nexus/OnePlus 3

Give me one single good reason why I should upgrade from my 1st gen Moto G

No.

whenever it dies

When something 2x better appears(that's me general rule for all hardware) or

I still have the Nexus 5 and I don't plan on changing it.

When it breaks.
I used a galaxy ace 2 from 2012 to 2015 and when I finally got a new phone (wileyfox swift, nothing fancy) I was blown away with how much better it felt in general use. No more slow as shit OS and being frustrated by outdated android.

I have never had a smartphone.

How does this make you feel, Sup Forums?

Got my first cell phone in 2003, a Nokia.

Got my second cell phone, a Samsung 5230 in 2011. Still use it.

Why you not having smartphone should make us feel something?

I am getting a new one whenever I feel like my phone is not doing what I want it to do, or when a new phone has some features I crave. I went from Siemens CX75 to N900 because CX75 broke, and then I went to Xperia Pro because web browsing on N900 sucked, and jabber went out of fashion, after that I got Photon Q, because Xperia Pro's screen died on me. Kinda like this.

>gran autismo

Whenever a phone fucks up, usually ends up being like 2 years

Just got the Nexus 5x, it's awesome.

I just switched from HTC one mini 2 to LG G4.
This one is so fast that I think it will last for 3 years.

2 GB of ram. That's the only thing that kept me away from buying it.

never
Smart phones are consumer toys.

yes, if you don't leave your mother's basement.

When you give me a valid reason of abandoning my Note II.

Yes as I'm not a nigger, spic, or redneck

Whenever I feel like. Whether that's 3 years or one, it's just whenever I feel the upgrade is worth it.

First smartphone was/is a Nexus 5 I bought on launch day (Halloween 2013). I really have no plans to upgrade as nothing on the market is actually an upgrade.

Last 5 years i have been only using samsung, still don't regret it, they keep on making better looking phones every year, i just sell my last year model to some poor cocksucker who will usually buy it gladly and pay for my new just released better looking samsung smartphone.

The peasent cocksuckers pay almost 70% of the new phone price, what an idiots, gotta love em.

>buying a new phone every year
I think we all know who the real cocksucker is

>when it breaks
At least try to fix it. I thought my power button broke but it just needed to be cleaned with IPA and compressed air.

>when the battery life gets shit
Then get a new and better battery

>when it becomes annoying slow
Then just clean flash a new ROM/modem/kernel

Been using my Galaxy s3 since 2012

I had the complete opposite experience. Moto X Pure is hands down the best phone I've ever used. Sounds like you got a defective phone.

having google maps, bus times, reminders and stuff on the go is pretty great. I travel a lot and get lost quite often. Also whatsapp/telegram etc groups are a really convenient way of keeping me connected to my family day to day, wherever they are.

i think i'd miss that stuff most if i moved to a dumb phone. the other stuff is whatever. im like you though - rarely upgrade unless it dies.

what am i meant to feel?

whenever my current one dies, usually every year but at the rate im going looks like my note 5 will last atleast 2 years.

2 years