I have been worried for a number of weeks now...

I have been worried for a number of weeks now, about what would happen where a powerful OS like Linux fall into the hands of the ghosts that haunt the moon. We all know that spaceships don't run Windows, so if a spaceship crashed on the moon, it would be likely that moon ghosts would find their way inside, and, due to their curious nature, tamper with the computers. If one of these computers had Linux on it, it would give the moon ghosts technology that they would not be able to comprehend or use responsibly (ghosts *cannot* use technology responsibly, this is scientific fact) which could have dire consequences for the human race.

My idea is to write a Moon-ghost distribution of Linux (suggestions for names welcome!) that would be very cut down, so it had little power. This distribution would be installed on all planet-bound spacecraft. This way, if it they where to crash on the moon, the moon ghosts would not have such a powerful tool. My question to Sup Forums is, what distro would be good to use for this? What sort of features could be removed? Wireless obviously has to stay in as the spaceships need to communicate with earth, and they would need webcam functionality to photograph stars and craters and things.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WxS0kiUX6p0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How stoned or drunk are you?

drugs are bad & I don't drink

if you think about it OP, it's likely that the ghost's hands would not be able to press keys and buttons on the computer--it would therefore be difficult for them use the Linux operation system, and they'd probably give up. Just extrapolating from known data re: ghosts, and Linux.

Pictured: artist's impression of moon ghosts

I'm sorry but I don't think this picture is actually a moon ghost
do you have any from different angles so I can make a better judgment?

also ghosts can use computers this has already been proven multiple times

see you later space cowboy

See you later space cowboy

SEE YOU LATER SPACE COWBOY

See you space cowboy

Literally who?

FUCK YOU MOOT YOU LEFT US YOU PIECE OF SHIT WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT AND YOU JOINED GOOGLE NO LESS
*starts crying uncontrollably*
I HATE YOU!!!! I HATE YOU.. I MISS YOU

i searched my archives and found another picture of a moon ghost. sorry for the delay--had to scan it in :~)

It's simple OP, we install OS X

yeah right there's no way my moon ghost could possible be this cute

It's what they look like, I know I was there last week.

I made sure to use only windows ce on my rocket ship though.

is that you in the pic? impressive

... is that you terry?

how did you get this video of me?

I don't think spaceships run Linux.
Laptops on board might, but I don't see the benefit of using it.
NASA most likely write their own drivers, and the you won't send software far away you don't know everything about.

Yes but the light saber horn is a false one. I couldn't figure out how to do a real one it was too hard. It's just frosted glass with led's in the base.

much like you're moms freaking dildo nerd. that's much more gross and less of and own than i thought im sorry

see you later, space cowboy

See you later, Mr. Who.

I really, really don't want moon ghosts to download Linux. They're ghosts. Do they even understand the gpl? Who knows what kind of proprietary software hell they might unleash.

I'll start on the logo

lol so randub xd

That last line reminds me of Kim.

I need all the good luck and prosperity I can gather up in my two small hands...

The obvious solution is to use Android (no root, locked bootloader) in spaceships

No problem I'll get started on the logo right away

Fuck that, I miss Snacks

lel fuck you jewt

i'd bang the shit out of Mallory's redhead friend Tbh

C ya later ya Twit

See you later Space Cowboy

Also, we have a bigger threat of encountering daemons or the aliens watching us, than pissing off the ghosts enough to hack us

Who's the guy in the picture?

Google just brings up an employee roster

See you later, Space Cowboy!

I never post in these but god, I really miss mootles
fuck you OP for these feels

Spaceships run OS9. As evidenced by Jeff Goldblum's Apple Pismo connecting to the alien space ship in Independence Day 20 years ago.

youtu.be/WxS0kiUX6p0

Gotta agree. I hate how time marches on, but sometimes that's the only way we truly appreciate what we had.

See you later, Space Cowboy.

See you later space cowboy ;_;7

>Scrolling pages
>using pages
>not only using catalog

What in the fuck are you talking about?

moon ghosts, user
can't you read

Aliens using the most advanced technology available? Color me shocked.

No worries user, even if these moon ghosts figure out how to abuse a powerful operating system, and scavenge up enough parts and solar panels to run a powerful machine, the internet doesn't reach the moon. So you're safe.

You know, space cowboy

just install gentoo

Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Windows 10, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.

What in the actual fuck?

an old 2ch tripfag called spirit of moot

Mallory a qt

dear moot

you sold your users out and turned 'le chans into click-bait marketing

fuck you