Fuck maki

fuck maki
Desktop environment, daisuki~

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/everett1992/wp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hey man that's a good windows 10 layout, nice job!

This is fucking GNOME3
It runs under GNU/Linux.

what distro?

GNOME3 is pretty great. I resisted using it because I hated GNOME2 but I think I've found my fit.

Pictured is probably Fedora.

How easy is that patch that adds thumbnails in the file picker? Because everything else looks super touch friendly, EXCEPT for the file picker

If you run gentoo, no joke, it's super easy. Just apply ahokadesuka 's patch files.

I actually dual boot Parabola and Trisquel. I might give it a shot, despite my laptop not having a touch screen, because it does look comfy af.

Why does fortune suck so much?

I dunno, i recommend clover.

Doesn't work on iOS

post the yuyushiki folder & watch K-ON

Damn, Dunno what to tell you bruh. Haven't used iOS in ages.

+1

hello gnomefreind

Hello fellow gnomefreind.
GNOME screenshot thread? GNOME screenshot thread.

But fuck maki.

hello here is my desktop

hi benjamin

I wish Gnome3 didn't fucking require compositing. What a clusterfuck that is. Everything is slow and buggy as living fuck.

5/10
7/10 good job getting CDE running.
4/10 nice botnet

It works on my machine.

>>>/reddit/

You don't notice a huge speed increase in every fucking thing if you use a non-compositing desktop?

did you quote the wrong person because that isn't cde

No, but it does look a lot like CDE. either way, congrats to the both of you for having such appealing desktops!

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

I haven't used a non-compositing desktop in ages so.....

You sure? Looks like windows 10 to me.

I don't think you understand that i'm not a reddit boogyman.

Anyway, Stale pasta. I think i even recall using that once when i was slightly more retarded.

xD

No

>Barely usable and ugly as fuck out of the box, makes windows metro look good
>hours of rice later, it's starting to look sane
>it updates
>you have to do everything over again because gnome does not officially support anything that conflicts with their "vision", just like hipster tiling WM devs

GNOME - for people that hate usable computers and free time

Compare to KDE and XFCE

>sane out of the box, no ridiculous hipster zen paradigm shifts that add no benefit for people that don't write literal essays about why titlebars shouldn't have titles
>doesn't break every couple of months
>point and click ricing, all customization already built in

And enlightenment

>trash
>garbage
>shit
>refuse
>rubbish

That's the X server.

use something else

something not made by retards preferably

gnome is just a really, really, really, REALLY, really, really really, really, really bad mac clone two bee eich famalama

literally OS X is like gnome but better in literally every way. gnome = want a mac but 2poor2live.

Is KaOS' take on KDE a good choice? I started using Kubuntu perhaps a week ago and, while I am rather enjoying KDE in this context, I'm also curious about other major choices.

Also looking at openSUSE for the same reason - the way it integrates with KDE is intriguing.

h-here I go!

That's because Gnome has no interest in being a Mac clone. If you want a proper Mac clone, install GNUStep.

Gnome 3 is fucking beautiful

GNOME is nice but also sucks for a few reasons.
I don't have an issue with usability anymore but there are some other pretty annoying bugs.
Also Wayland made everything faster apparently.

nice robutt.

More of a KDE guy myself.

What distro?
How annoying is it to compile and set up CDE on arch?

Posted something like this in the other thread, but its sorta dead. So....
Got any suggestions? Term colours are sorta close, but I'll change them next rice.

>That enormous top bar on Firefox.
Jesus Christ user get a stylish css for that.

This, also get rid of transparency on your terminals and taskbar. Maybe think about changing that Sup Forums CSS to fit better with your color scheme. I like your color scheme and wallpaper btw.

I'm actually not sure how desu. I also like the graph paper theme (Which is used on all my computers that have sync turned on)

I actually like the transparency :S
Also wall paper is attached if you're interested.
Theme colours were generated by a script.... Let me see if I can find the site rather than just posting it.

Found it :D
github.com/everett1992/wp
Cheers~

You know what to do

>so much denial
You belong to >>>/reddit/ 2bh.

>so much denial
That's supposed to be my line.

Also, you belong to or any of the 14 weeboo boards. SO FUCK OFF

>the image literally only shows pro anime arguments
Get off my anime website.

I'd love to give GNOME3 a go, but I have performance issues when closing Activities and returning to desktop/app. Everything else is smooth and reponsive, but that one effect looks like total crap. Any ideas? When I run that gnome performance tool, it doesn't stutter, only in real life usage.