It's only getting worse Sup Forums

Getting ads in notifications and now suggestions in my start menu

What the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

userstyles.org/styles/116309/nightly-fox
ninite.com/classicstart/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

You were warned. Reinstall 7 and fuck off.

I've had windows 10 installed for like 8 months now and I haven't gotten a single ad in my start menu, stop being a retard

Same. OP hasn't even bothered to check his settings

The full-screen start menu does not have this problem. And is much more useful, too.

Embrace the brave new Windows 10 start menu.

>right click
>turn off suggestions

Stäng av reklamen ditt jävla inavel

God, I should at least provide the Internet with a better version of that image.

> gratis

7 rupees have been deposited into your Bing account, Poojit!

you can turn these off, for now. Forced updates will bring them back eventually.

What? You promised me more! And when can I use them? They're not there yet.

So it would be better if they didn't have the option?
You want software with no options now? Only just the features you approve of and nothing else? Fuck what anyone else wants?

Basically, you should be coding everything yourself.

It's not wrong

Let's see at what point you won't be able to hide them.

Everyone itt is retarded. Just use classic shell and all your start menu problems will disappear.

An additional year of unemployment has been deposited into your autism account, PaNEET.

??
???

PLEASE DELETE THIS
YOURE RUINING THE COMPANIES REPUTATION

Having ads in the first place is not an option and certainly not a fucking FEATURE.

There will be an update that brings more of them back, with no option to disable them. These are just testing grounds.

>What the fuck
You installed windows 10.

Because you say so? "Source: my ass" stopped being funny years ago.

It is an option,actually

This desu.

>spend 4 hours configuring arch
>cant turn off a single togge in windows

forgot pic

Where are the ads you lying shit?

Install ubuntu fag

what firefox theme is that?

Because if microsoft didn't want it, there wouldn't be any in the first place.

As dark as my soul

it actually changed my suggestions settings over night last night
im also pretty sure it updated on it's own the other day too because when I came home one day all of the menus looked different suddenly

Get Classic Shell.
Really.
Do it.

That doesnt really prove anything.

There is same chance that it would remain like it is, aka "ads on by default, any user with a brain can disable it in settings", like at

Why would anybody be rewarded for telling others to turn off advertising?

I don't really get the motivation here

userstyles.org/styles/116309/nightly-fox

$ 0.01 has been deposited into your Microsoft Wallet.

This fucking bait thread keeps appearing.

>gratis

I wish this was the case, but from my point of view it's being naive. They are making money this way, there is no reason for them not to make more.

>use third party (and non-free as in freedom) solutions to cover shittiness of the platform
Why is this allowed?

Stay cucked, wincuck

Trips of truth.

Literally is an option.

classic start you fucking retards

ninite.com/classicstart/

Alright then, fuck you too.

I have only spent like 15 minutes tinkering with my windows 10 install and in that 15 minutes it probably took a whopping 10 seconds to figure out how to disable ads.

Win 10 is a service.

Terms of providing a service can be changed at any time. Be it a fee or displaying ads. Already present in solitaire, that used to be free and bundled with system.

Updates are forced, so microsoft can change anything they want within their service, like adding more ads and removing the options to hide them.

If you break terms of service, by modifying the system, they are entitled to remove your access to the service.

There already exists a paid service by microsoft, like office 365 or xbox live gold, where you pay for features that could, and often are, free.

So yeah, microsoft has both means and will to do it. They won't openly admit it just yet, because they want as many people as they can to give up their windows 7/8 licenses for their new shiny service.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, if there was a free version with ads, and paid regular license that you actually own to choose from.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAA. Wincucks. You deserve all you get.

Posted from my ThinkPad™ running GNU/Linux®

>Gratis
Swefag detected. Also got that fb app bullshit last week. Perhaps it's pushed out to users by country basis or something.

that looks like shit

If I upgrade my Windows 7 to 10 is my original win7 product key still valid if I want to go back to it later? My concern is that when the new AMD cards come and I swap to those my win10 install isn't validated anymore.

I don't know why you retards don't get Enterprise version.

You shouldn't use Home or Pro wangblows at all. They suck. Enterprise is usable but still violates your privacy to some extent.

Looks like actual shit.

what's the actual difference?

>swapping parts other than motherboard invalidates license and forces you to pay for windows again
is this fucking true?

Install Gento...

Classic Shell.

Install Classic Shell.

>install clasic shell
>3rd party program to enjoy a nice experience
Nice wincucks never learn

Not really naive. The percentage of people trying to disable telemetry or care about ads is actually low compared to whole userbase. Kinda like how low percent of 3DS/Vita users play with CFW. People managed to find away to download pirate copies of games directly from Nintendo servers and they didnt really cared enough.

I dont use Win10 yet, so I cant really say anything about how updates works here, except for that when I was setting up Win10 on my mother laptop, "Pro" version, I could easily set up "notify before downloading" in Group Policy and it worked. If this function would be provided via updates, then it could be disabled. Given that user would actually read the content of each update. MS once tried to abandon the practice of providing info about each updates, but huge negative feedback forced them to rethink this decision.

but it doesn't though

Isn't that the entire point of Linux?

It is terrifying that you can sell someone a computer and then claim that the software required to run that computer is a service rather than part of the product. That's the real issue here.

Not even close, I've swapped drives, gpus, my cpu and ram left and right.

Even if you change your mobo, just open up the support chat and ask them for help, they'll fix it quickly.

>Sup Forums - Technology
>Can't figure out how to toggle one setting
>Instead of learning how to just make pajeet jokes

Win10/Fedora has been an amazing dual boot for me for a while now. No isses with ads on the Win10 side.

>Windows 10 is a service
Fuck off with ebin platitude. Anyone who isn't brain dead can see that Windows 10 was made a free upgrade for a year because most people were still on 7 and Microsoft wants to push the windows app store. It's clear as fuck considering how much they've been pushing UWPs and making ported Xbone games exclusive to that platform.

>ads

they are helpful suggestions for products which will make your life better, stop being ungrateful.

>use windows
>Don't even attempt to purify its installation
Where you need to add more stuff to make GNU/linux more appealing, with windows you just need to make the opposite
just google it

haha! that is funny

>Dark theme
How

>Terms of providing a service can be changed at any time.

Alwyas with asking user first, if he agree to the change. This applies to ALL services, giving option first, to opt out, if you dont agree with new terms.

>Updates are forced, so microsoft can change anything they want within their service, like adding more ads and removing the options to hide them.

Not truly forced, amazing how you guys often miss this part. Pro and Enterprise can disable it easy without digging in registry, Home, being castrated version of OS anyway, require more serious stepps - but does Home users really care?

Saying that they WILL do it, because they CAN, is pretty much like assuming that openSUSE or Macs will suddenly display poping ads on user desktops, because devs CAN implement that. You CAN write software and provide update turning it into something opposite. But does it have any sense?

You are just wild guessing, using as a base statement that MS is evil and all they want is their users hurt. They are fucking software selling/developing company - thats their product and how they are getting money. MS went full Apple in recent years, wanting a piece of this huge cake. They desperately try to adjust to new situation - truth to be told, often failing, as there cant be two Apple companies around.

>I wouldn't have a problem with it, if there was a free version with ads, and paid regular license that you actually own to choose from.

Actually, it is free version in case of Home/Pro - free upgrade for existing licenses. Enterprise/Edu is paid one (although, Edu is fancy named Enterprise provided for academic students and staff) and gives their users proper level of official control, as you can see by reading their own articles.

This is Sup Forums in 2016.

Congratulations! You are intelligent enough to know what website you are on and the current year!

Checked
Underrated

Maybe you should stop having the default settings moron.

this

Or even better - get rid of Wankblows and install GNU/Linux.

I riced my registry

5 rubles have been deposited into your ubuntu account, dimitry

No. Swapping your motherboard will fuck your shit up though, obviously

Holy fuck you imbeciles are so fucking easy to fool.

Like jesus christ what the fuck are you doing in tech board if you can't even tell that is a shitpost

>right click
>pick turn off ads
>jobs done

The sad thing is, that's not a shitpost

>anno domini
>Windows 10

You were asking for it

>stick head in sand
>still use windows
>get profiled anyway

I recommend Start10

if you don't agree to ToS you can't install windows

>Like jesus christ what the fuck are you doing in tech board if you can't even tell that is a shitpost

Yes, what are you doing here dude?

This isn't like what you said, it's 10 rupees, not 7 rupees.
Give me the rest 3 rupees or I wont shill on Sup Forums again

Op confirmed for applefag
here is how windows menu actually looks like if you are not retarded

I could show u firefox with 100toolbars too to make it look bad

If you are retarded anything can be bad

Worst part about this piece of shit OS is how fucking spread out the settings are all over the fucking place

Like holy fuck there is registry
there is group policy
there is different sort of settings for same things in Control Panel and that other panel Christ

Should I go from 8 to 10 guys? Been thinking about it for awhile now.

If you can get Enterprise or LTSB

Windows is going the way of uTorrent

and if you're not 18+ you can't use this site
therefore everyone on here is 18+
:^)

>tfw i was going to reply to this post saying classic shell is FOSS but discovered they changed the fucking license to be proprietary

why is THIS allowed?

windows 7 doesn't work on my computer.
no CSM/INT 10H.

If they enable ads with no setting to turn them off do I sell it?