Get a 5X or wait for the 4th gen Moto G?

get a 5X or wait for the 4th gen Moto G?

5x is a rip-off. Google intentionally gimped it to push 6p.

Typing from one now, it's a lagfiend for sure

it does not run smoothly, despite stock.

how?

seems to have gotten great reviews literally everywhere. i like the idea of stock android and the design seems sturdy. the features it's lacking i don't miss.

elaborate please?

>runs smoothly
>despite stock

isn't this nonsensical?

if you buy it from google it's a rip off but the support you get if something goes wrong is second to none

>not getting the Wileyfox Swift
user pls

I wouldn't be buying it from google

Bought it for a friend, she seems to like it.
Everything running smooth, camera is ok aswell, update support as usual at nexus phones. Seems to run great.
But I cant say if u should wait for the Moto G cause I dont know it.

I have one, it is not that great but it is not terrible either.
The phone is fuck huge. This is more of a trend than specific to this phone, but the ergonomics is really bad.
They have moved the speakers in front of the phone which is good if you watch a lot of videos on the phone but bad if you anything but.
This means everything is moved up and it is harder to hit the space bar.
You can probably get around this by using some special keyboard I haven't found yet, but the stock keyboard is near unusable.
You are paying for updates at this point.
There is no reason to get this over an older phone except for updates.

>Wileyfox Swift

I'm used to the stock android

>This means everything is moved up and it is harder to hit the space bar.
>implying that other phones don't have bezels

I dont think its that bad, I guess it strongly depends on how big your hands are.
I have the 6p, which is a bit bigger than the 5X, and I really like it. But I have pretty big hands, so I can pretty much reach about 70% of the screen just with my right thumb, which is enough for me.

I got it for 200 bucks, I think it's worth it. Replacing my cracked LG g2. Google Fi is just so cheap.

>The phone is fuck huge.

is it though? all the other same gen phones are even bigger.

i currently have the 1st gen Moto G and i'd love something similar in size (suggestions?). but even the Moto G line has gotten bigger and bigger. Moto G 4th gen is going to be even bigger than the 5x.

Cyanogen OS is pretty stock, and its CM support is great. Don't bet on other custom ROMs though unless you speak ruski

see >inb4 shill
I used to be a G1 owner. It's slightly bigger (5in vs 4.5) but still feels pretty good.

Certain apps kill performance, Snapchat is the main offender. I think it's a super solid phone, and I love the fingerprint reader

i was thinking of getting the 5x for around 340 euros but the lg g5 price already dropped and its around 410 euros now

Get it below the RRP

Mine is coming in a few days, the specs are enough for me and I could argue a removeable battery or sd card slot would be nice but I am not going to hate the absence of them. The fact its stock android and the phone itself looks nice despite being plastic sold it to me. the fingerprint reader is also actually cool and not a gimmick.

Why not get a moto X pure? $300

I'm expected motorola's future phones to become progressively shitty and chinese

Avoid. I have 5x. It's gimped severely by low ram. It stutters constantly, is generally laggy and slow, and large threads in Sup Forums - or elsewhere - often crash or freeze browser. It doesn't have microsd slot so you need the overpriced 32 gb version or its useless.

That said, for the right price it could be a solid purchase. Good things: fast updates, very good (though slow) camera, good screen, perfect size imo, no bloat, looks and feels fine in hand, fingerprint sensor is surprisingly convenient and nfc capability along with always up-to-date OS makes it relatively future proof...if it wasn't for the inadequate specs.

I can tolerate the lag, but don't pay more than $250 for the 32 gb version. Right now 3+ gb ram is minimum for premium phone which this isn't.

Z whatever compact is your only hope for a decent sized phone.. I love my z3 compact, I just wish they made one with a white body and a black face

Oh yeah, one plus I forgot, which is the fast charging. +25% in 15 mins is better than it sounds and goes long way balancing the mediocre battery life.

Get the Blu Life One X, shouldn't give money to Lenovo since they've been caught backdooring all their products

if you can't even get past the point of making a purchase you don't belong on a tech forum

>z3 compact

Good phone. Especially with the Sony Marshmallow Concept. Just the build quality is really flimsy/shitty. In less than one year I've broken the back glass twice and the front one
once. Perfect phone otherwise would buy double for a phone with the same hardware/size but sturdier build.

Just grab a fucking Oneplus X

it's a worse phone in every way that matters to me.

worse camera, worse processor, worse battery life

5X has a really short shelf life.

the 5x is sweet
people who prefer other phones other than nexus never had a nexus

and by that you mean?
compared to what?

what does this mean

It was made to bridge the faults of the N5 but it carries similar issues. Battery life is one of them.

5x, Motorola camera is utter garbage

Everyone seems to be complaining but I love my 5x. I don't get lag or whatever these other people are complaining about, everything just works and for the price it's an amazing phone. My mom has a 6p and it's also a nice phone but it's too big for me, 5x is good enough.