/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Bluetooth 5 is coming soon with better range and speed for low energy transmissions
gsmarena.com/bluetooth_5_is_coming_soon_with_better_range_and_speed_for_low_energy_transmissions-news-18705.php

>Leaked teaser talks of 10x optical zoom for the Moto Z flagship
gsmarena.com/leaked_teaser_talks_of_10x_optical_zoom_for_the_moto_z_flagship-news-18701.php

>Paranoid Android ROM is back with a big new release
androidauthority.com/paranoid-android-back-new-features-697196/

>The Galaxy S8 will have a 4K display, analysts predict
androidauthority.com/galaxy-s8-will-4k-display-analysts-predict-697297/

>Vernee Apollo Lite Gets $30 OFF On OPPOMART (COUPON)
gizmochina.com/2016/06/08/vernee-apollo-lite-gets-30-off-oppomart-coupon/

>LeEco smartphone with SD823 SoC said to be coming this month
gsmarena.com/leeco_smartphone_with_sd823_soc_said_to_be_coming_this_month-news-18660.php

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-ZUK-Z2-5-0-Inch-FHD-Snapdragon820-Quad-Core-Smartphone-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Cell/1818235_32677541420.html
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waze
aliexpress.com/store/product/spg/342812_32597684693.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/spg/1986585_32636040211.html
en.miui.com/download-301.html
youtube.com/watch?v=NC3iYURvhU4
ecumenicalnews.com/article/google-nexus-2016-rumors-huawei-tapped-to-manufacture-this-years-nexus-phone-exec-says/45759.htm
9to5google.com/2016/06/01/google-more-opinionated-no-oem-branding/
youtube.com/watch?v=ra0AZfgAC2w
frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/7NNgS8A/xiaomi-hongmi-note-3-pro-redmi-note-3-pro-dual-sim-td-lte-32gb-2015112/cricket-wireless-united-states
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thenatureweb.apnsettings
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any idea how much the Zuk 2 (non pro) will be when it comes out?

Don't know if you talk about this kind of thing here, but just got a new S7 Edge. Any recommendation on some apps?

$400
aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-ZUK-Z2-5-0-Inch-FHD-Snapdragon820-Quad-Core-Smartphone-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Cell/1818235_32677541420.html

Paid:
Moon+ reader pro
Zetatorrent pro

Free:
Chrome
Opera mini
MX Player
Clover (get it from f-droid)
Waze
Youtube Downloader (get it from github)
FOTO
Macropinch Battery
Helium Backup
Flashlight (pick the one with a UI you like)
Igor Fast Notepad

What is waze?
>Macropinch Battery
I prefer battery monitor

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waze

Best GPS app.

is the 5x really this bad and should i get a lg g4 or g5
prices are similar for the 5x & g4 (around 340 euros), g5 would cost around 420

considering first smartphone buy
looking at the guide and around the internet

Redmi Note 3 Prime 3GB/32GB version
€155 from aliexpress

I am worried about few things as a dumb phone user
>huge phone will be unwieldy
>non-removable battery will make it unusable after 1,5 year
>no software update after short time

also kinda worried about buying from chinatown

Are there any ~4" phones I should look for if I never owned a huge phone?

Get the g4 better specs and option to expand storage and battery.

If you're completely new you should get a well supported western phone. Flashing a custom ROM after official support has ended should be easier with one of them.

they are expensive as fuck, if Id buy anything close to specs what chinks offer it would start at 300€

I need a cheap phone with decent camera.

I was supposed to buy Redmi but someone told me the camera is shit.

Best phone camera in the market is the S7 right now.
But if you can't handle touchjizz just go with a Nexus 6P/HTC 10

You don't shoot pics with chinkphones.
True
But it's a hussle to root the redmi. You need to post a request to unlock the phones bootloader in a chink forum.

>Are there any ~4" phones I should look for if I never owned a huge phone?
There's hardly any sub-4inch phone coming out recently. Real shame because i really like my phone small.

Correction: sub 5 inch.
I have a limit too.

It's a great phone. if you order it from a good shop and tell them to flash the global rom you won't need to to start doing all that stuff yourself.

aliexpress.com/store/product/spg/342812_32597684693.html

aliexpress.com/store/product/spg/1986585_32636040211.html

>Are there any ~4" phones I should look for if I never owned a huge phone?
Only the iPhone SE. but honestly 4" is too small. you'll get used to 5" or 5.5".

So anybody using a Redmi note 3 pro and running miui 7.3.2.0 global get this problem after going to the screen lock and fingerprint option, that it goes back the main setting screen?

well specs isn't everything as the concerns you posted show. Go with ipSE if you want to save a lot of hassle and headache

Backup data and reflash the global rom, you might got chinked.

This thing is hilarious overpriced in Europe.

4 inches is almost too small even if you want easy one handed use, using my girlfriends iPhone 5S with one hand is almost more uncomfy than my Oneplus One but that might be a problem with iPhones since they have such stupidly big bezels. 4.8-5.2 inches is the sweet spot if you want a small phone that doesn't feel like you're holding a Nokia 3310

$400 for the non pro version? I've been wanting to get the pro version since it has an AMOLED screen but I doubt it'd be worth it if it'll cost more than $400. Are Oneplus phones the only phones you can buy in Europe without being shafted by the Dollar > Yuro conversion?

Also, have anybody tried the new Paranoid Android? I've been thinking about trying it out on my Oneplus One but dunno if it's worth it

same version or a different one? The one i'm using appears to be the latest.

Paranoid android was great they had many features that got included into stock back then. Then most of the developers started to work on oxygen os now some of them are back. Just try it.

Maki's.... puss puss :3

en.miui.com/download-301.html

Needs unlock code ofc

i'm already running the stable rom nigga. How do i know the problem won't reappear after i reflash it. It could be a bug in version, no?

If that would be the case thousands of people would complain about it don't ya think.

Found a used 7" asus tablet for $50. Not sure what it was but i think its a memopad 7. I only need a tablet for chinese cartoon/comic and web surfing, is it fine for that?

I saw one forum post about it. You're saying it could be a hardware problem?

I have a galaxy s3 on virgin mobile and pay only 35/month and paid~140 for the phone. I'm ok with the service but would love to install a different OS on the phone but am afraid that I won't be able to use my actual phone services with the new OS. Any guidelines here? I'm an omega nooblord.

No not likely. might wanna try to flash AOSP or CM13 and see it it helps.

Helium Backup or Easy Backup for your data and then flash.

b-but i just bought it

Rooting does not change the frequency or connectivity. You'll still be able to use the phone perfectly if you install cm or some other custom ROM.

Then it's a fake rom or some shit.

Record a video with the issue and put it on YT to get an RMA or something.

Maki's..... legs

Delete your life.

youtube.com/watch?v=NC3iYURvhU4

Thread theme song ^

Is that Maki?

MAKI

Please kill yourselves and then piss off to

Do you guys like Maki too?

I have 6p but i was wondering if its still flagship ?
Some people say its slow compared to others

It's still flagship and still had the best software.

Who doesn't lain already got a dedicated board so maki is our mascot.

you own one ?

I have a friend that does.
Even though there are phones out with slightly more powerful hardware now the 6p is not even a year old and is by no means a slow device.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little baka? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Otonokizaka High School, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al Nusra, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in idol warfare and I’m the top slut in the entire idol industry. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of idols across Japan and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, faggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare ass. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed cock sucking, but I have access to the entire arsenal of weeaboo faggots on Sup Forums and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

But Sup Forums furiously rejects Maki from their board.

(OP)
In need of some help bros, got my redmi note 3 pro and activated it on cricket wireless in the US (which uses AT&T's network) I can't seem to get anything other than edge speeds on this thing. I knew I wasn't gonna get LTE but I thought at least I could get 3g. Any ideas bros, or did I fall for the meme

Why the fuck did google feel the need to remove merged apps and tabs entitely from chrome? It was so handy on my Note 5. Jfc I can't be only one raging over this. Why won't google let me choose if I want to dick my own anus?

>or did I fall for the meme
Yup. Never trust Sup Forums.

Does the Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro have gorrilla glass or something similiar

did you get the chink model or the global model?

Any news on the new HTC Nexuses? Specifically battery size?

Battery will be 20% smaller than appropriate for the screen size and device thickness, as per the unwritten nexus rules.

fuck

why do they do this? what is the end game?

I mean if some faggot with a dremel can put in a 3000mah battery into the Nexus 5 there's no reason they couldn't have fit one in the Nexus 5x.

No idea. Can only imagine they intentionally don't want them to compete with the manufacturer's other flagship devices. Otherwise they'd have competitive battery life and SD slots, there's no other logical excuse not to have them.

ecumenicalnews.com/article/google-nexus-2016-rumors-huawei-tapped-to-manufacture-this-years-nexus-phone-exec-says/45759.htm

My theory is that google told HTC they had to gimp the battery and microSD slots and HTC said fuck that, why would we make a worse version of the HTC 10 a year later with a lower profit margin, so chinkphone steps in yet again to take google's cock since no one would buy their devices without Nexus in their name

also this prob had something to do with it too: 9to5google.com/2016/06/01/google-more-opinionated-no-oem-branding/

That rumor isn't real. What they said was they're relaunching the 6P in south africa this year.

i don't think i would have any issues returning it but i want to keep it cause if i return it, it would be hard to acquire a new one

and i've heard xiaomi service centers here are a sham

Interactive or ondemand scheduler, Sup Forums?

I'm after better battery life and I don't mind if the animations get a tad laggy in the process.

Interactive.

Who team XIAOMI?

youtube.com/watch?v=ra0AZfgAC2w

Okay, thank you!

The fiops i/o scheduler is good for the battery life as well, right?

fiops or cfq both good.

The global model I believe, got it from a trusted seller on aliexpress, they flashed the global rom of miui onto the phone

It takes 10 minutes to flash a new rom. don't be lazy. either that or factory reset. either way you need to backup your shit.

frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/7NNgS8A/xiaomi-hongmi-note-3-pro-redmi-note-3-pro-dual-sim-td-lte-32gb-2015112/cricket-wireless-united-states

It should work, try to change the APN.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thenatureweb.apnsettings

Are there any good chinkphones with decent AOSP Support? I want a phone that has decent support. The nexus 5x is on my radar although it's a bit big.

i was just looking up shit about unlocking bootloader.
currently have the updater downloading latest rom. I don't think it should need unlocking using the updater right?

Not sure really. try asking /csg/ or their discord channel.

MORE PINK PHONES

>it's not rose gold

It's Strawberry Pink

Le fashion trend xD

Fucking gay

Finally a kawaii phone ^-^

Creamy Berry

Moto G 3g or Oneplus x/2? or wait for Oneplus 3?

OP2

Wait

It's out in a few days, rather wait.

Always best to wait, particularly because prices will go down regardless of how good the new one is.

If you can wait, you should always wait

don't be a good goy

I just updated too...WTF
It was actually a useful feature. Allowed me to browse one-handed.
Now I have to use both fucking hands to switch or close a fucking tab.
Jesus fucking Christ.

I want to use the Google botnet so I have all my shit in one place, but this is tempting me back to Opera for browsing....

Yeah.

>not using clover to browse 4chin

Does anyone here use cyanogenmod?

How the fuck do I install it? I can't find an installer apk. Am I retarded? Are there any babby instructions for how to do it? Please help

I use more websites than just 4chens

They have their own website dedicated to the process. Have a look.

Link?

There aren't instructions on how to use the downloads on what seems to be the main site.

cyanogenmod.org. There are instructions for your device in the device wiki usually.

>there are people this retarded on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW

S-sorry

Thanks, but the wiki seems to only have instructions for someone on a linux.

what device? Those instructions usually work on windows too when you talk about fastboot. cd into the directory with your console and do that shit there. Did the same with my xperia zr on windows.

Does disabling apps in the s7 work? I don't want to root but I want Facebook Uninstalled from my phone

I actually am this retarded, unfortunately

Old HTC OneX+, I want to try it out with an old phone before risking a newer one