I'm an engineering student with a mid range desktop...

I'm an engineering student with a mid range desktop. Should I get this ultra portable laptop for $200 in pic related or wait til a new $200 laptop comes out?

ask again

Should I o' conch shell?

I bought this one like a month ago
Asus x205ta
Pros
lightweight
comfy keyboard
good battery life

Cons
there is two "pins" in the bottom of the screen and it really hard to use on a desk, it sliding on it
im trying to install linux on it and its pretty hard

looks good, but install win7 or linux

Will I ever get a girlfriend, desu?

No i'm not :^(

Is maki real?

pls

Get yerself to /csg/ m8

Wait until aug/sep for mad online deals

Then wait until nov/dec for even madder deals

I'm going into my senior year as a ChemE. You shouldn't buy anything you think you need or what other people (especially the god damn university) tell you that you must have. You won't even use anything computationally intensive for a while, so having a laptop is more of a perk than a requirement. Even then, you're gonna have a tough time acquiring legit copies of crucial software for personal use that you need for large projects later on. I could have made it through all my years as a student without ever owning a laptop and using the school's computers. However, you definitely wanna bring your desktop to your dorm. Just don't clutter it up with your school's shitty software. Use the university's computers for programs you need.

Also don't be a cuck and buy textbooks. Just about everything is on library genesis, even senior level stuff.

no but mari is

Wait for Apollo Lake

Same boat as you man.
I tried to get OSX but nah lol can't even get out of fast boot or select what I want to boot from.
Have you done anything with it?

Locked boot loader and fucking finger prints everywhere are two more cons. Used thinkpad op

x220

Roll

Pic looks like 205ta. Hp stream 11 is better imo (I had both).

Thanks mang

I second the ThinkPad suggestion.