/guts/ - Guts Thread

If nobody is gonna start the next one, I guess I'll do it.

See, that's the thing. There's probably none, but that didn't stop vendors here from bundling them together, making people think it's a good combo.

Also, reposting my babby.

Thought about buying the hx750i but eventually went with the 750w G2. The stock cables included in those Corsair PSUs piss me the fuck off. It's like they're deliberately providing flat cables so you buy their overpriced cable sets.

>750watt
>970

why?

Considering switching cases to something slightly larger. We'll see how the 6950X handles in my loop when it comes in.

Always beautiful

Not bad.

Forgot picture

Thanks. I would've done a better job on the cable management, but my PSU's non-modular, mobo only has 1 casefan header and there's hardly any room behind the motherboard tray.

Mine. Pic quality is poor cause I used cam built into my phone.

It seems like a value-oriented PC. Which is totally fine. If you ever want new stuff, just upgrade over time man. Seems plenty fine for now though. The biggest difference would be an SSD dedicated to your most used programs/games. Obviously OS, too. If you can bother getting something with a decent storage amount.

i also built my latest build in a stealth case

As nice as ever
compact, nice. Surely you'd get better temps/quieter fans if the back exhaust was intake
I would get one of these if they weren't so expensive
>32gb of ram
why
what are temps like in that case?

>I'd get one if it wasn't so expensive
Have you seen the Cougar QBX cases? They basically stole the layout and put it into a SLIGHTLY larger enclosure. For VERY cheap.

Rate my window mod.

2x Xeon E5440
16gb DDR2
5x 400gb RAID 5
HD5750

built it a while ago, about to step up to LGA1366 xeon dual 3.3 quads

havent decided if Im going to house it in this case or go the sleeper route and find some old beige 90's server tower, gut it and stuff the 1366 setup in it

yeah, was thinking about that one but it doesn't support enough HDD cages, I'd need atleast 3 3.5"

3 / reich

Why not migrate to one, larger drive? I've got this going on for storage in my little M1. I'll likely get a 950 Pro soon, too.

>back exhaust as intake
Wouldn't that just make a hot zone?

New lens on the DSLR. Snapped a quick shot.
Gpu is back in the box , somebody coming to buy it this week end!

cheaper. I can get a 1tb drive for £20, but 3tb drives cost £80+

What are you getting instead? One of the new 1080's?

The new picture looks better.

I cant justify a flagship for my gaming habit!
In canada the damn thing is 900$. Mainly waiting for 1070/RX 480 bench/review/third party cooler

Still not a bad GPU. Any particular model you're waiting for?

seeing as 2 480x's cost the same as 1 1070, my money is on AMD this generation. I might try a pick up a cheap 970/390 around Christmas, when people are selling them cheap to upgrade

>3 / reich
>not 14/88

postan
Probably because blue
Spaghetti
I love the little fan peek in that case.

I'm a little jealous of the cleanliness of cables in your case. Granted you have a significant amount less than I. I also couldn't use the stock 24-pin cable, because it couldn't reach mine with the radiator and other items in the way, which is part of what I have sleeved cables. I think the watercooling loop is awesome, but what I see simple M1 builds like yours it makes me just wanna "downgrade" sometimes. lol

I occasionally want to watercool, but I love the look of aircooling fins too much. :)
I'm also cheating with cables since the 24pin and 8pin are on the right side of the mobo.
The trade off you get for poor power placement is significantly more POWAH than I've got by a longshot.
Still looks very nice though, so it's not like your doing badly or anything.

Yeah, some heatsinks do look really nice. But, I'll have quite a bit more compute power if I decide to get that new CPU or not. ;)

How are your temps currently, and with what hardware?

I honestly like the asus 1080 strix , if they make a 1070 strix identical/close to the 1080 id be really interested.

As for the RX 480 a new Vapor-X serie would be really awesome for my blue guts! Id crossfire them without hesitation!

16gb Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 @ 2000mhz
3570K @ 4.1GHz (1.2v I think?)
Asus Reference 980 @ stock
P8Z77I-Deluxe
SX500LG
My house is around 25C.
CPU idles around 45C, tops out around 65C
GPU idles around 35C, tops out at 82C
Here's some old FLIR images from when I had a C7 in it.
C7 idled around 50C, topped out around 82C.
Was very loud compared to the M9i.

Maybe I want SLI/Crossfire in the future? I went from my CX500M to that. I wanted something capable of more than one card.

That's a thing too.
I'm so used to not thinking about SLI/Crossfire that I don't even think about it at this point.

can that fucking thing see through walls?

Unfortunately no, but it can see heat reflections in glass/ reflective surfaces.
Here's the other set of images I took when I had a U9B-SE2 instead of a C7.

Slightly off topic, but what's a good case these days?

I still have my old FT02, wondering if the ENTHOO EVOLV ATX is a worthy upgrade?

I need all white fans I think, I thought the blades would be enough.

dont like hds, and cable management.
i hope its a prebuilt. i made a 250 build for a htpc and it looked better.
super clean, nice.
best GPU?? i think so.

6970 is dying.

here comes the biggest ITX case ever

really digging my new 980ti, runs super quiet and silent and DSR 4k looks pretty damn nice

The lower total wattage used, the greater the power efficiency per watt. Electricity bills, son

Still love it!

Reminds me of high school

6/10

Interesting bit with the cable combs, I should try something similar

lovely use of space, how are temps?

Clean and basic 8/10

Like I said the other day, sleeved front panel stuff is a good touch.

How loud does that AIO run?

good ol' 2500k, gotta love them

I've been playing VR stuff for the last ~2 hours, and right now my max temps are 63C on the CPU, and 82C on the GPU.
reference 980 and a 3570K @ 4.1GHz (1.2v iirc)
Also, thanks user!

OP here. Throw a 970 or equivalent in there. My 2500K handles it flawlessly. Hell, even something more powerful.

The only rig with aesthetics in /guts/ that I like more than mine . Always nice to see.

Case OP?

>all these sideways mounted CPU fans in Sup Forumsuts threads

is this some kind of meme?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Why PSU fan facing up?

takes hot air from the case and expells it.

Personally, I prefer the other way around as well, but some retards like the guy you linked to does it the other way around.

Have you cleaned your fan filters, user?

Strange.

I always thought it's better to have the intake take cool air from the outside (like fron-side panel fans) and then the hot air from the psu is expelled off the back of the case. It seems in such a configuration the intake fan would pull into the PSU hot air from the case (especially the one generated by the GPU).

6 million/10

Rip the psu sticker off!
Full black guts!

what case?

Step away from the sliders, pal.

>Rate this mythological beast

Define S.

Very roomy case and stylish. Just a shame the front panel is plastic.

go away

Next upgrades are a Designare X99 board and an M.2 NVME drive. I'll get some sleeving for my tubes and white fittings in a couple months and then set it up as a single loop.

temps are after gaming for a couple hours.

i like the look of the hdd slots in the back compared to the r5, and still have nice big rads in the front

Yeah it was the best case for my needs since I don't use many harddrives.

I also aimed to use another radiator when the 1080ti arrives. Iirc I can't fit two 360mm radiators though, just one 360 and a 240/280mm. Even then it will be roomy while still being a fairly small case.

same here.
Bought it few days ago and am very satisfied. No sound dampening in the front but the case itself is very silent and the stock fans are also good -- not big of a difference in noise between 600 and 1000 rpm, so I plan on buying two more of these which are also kinda cheap. Love the back mounted hdd/ssd slots and lack of cages.

Yeah their fans are very nice. My case is just their 120 and 140mm.

Guts are mess i will clean it next week I have too much work now.
The question is do I need aftermarket cooler?
I use box now on stress test i cant go over 55c, the old cooler bend mobo for some reason and it dont want to start up with it.

Forgot pic

I need new DDR3 sticks and was looking at these rated at 2400MHZ so I could run them at 2133MHZ and drop the timings, but I'm worried the black and red finish will look tacky as fuck. I have an Asus ROG board though...

>I'm worried the black and red finish will look tacky as fuck
>I have an Asus ROG board though

You're already tacky as fuck, just get whatever is cheapest unless you can color coordinate.

Stop being hidoi

The board is black and red of course. Case fans are white

Rate me please

it's good. Pull back that CPU and Mobo cables, they have too much slack. Also fix the GPU sag

How do I fix the gpu sag

prop it up

forgive the poor quality, lost the original

I want to find a replacement case that doesn't have a face

I like the expansion card brace

I should get a case with psu shroud, I hate how I can't hide those cables coming from the psu. Gonna wait till Vega comes out and think about upgrading then probably.

getting a smaller rig soon. probably gonna order the dan cases A4-SFX with an Intel rig

>Rig in pic is an FX8350 and Fury X with 16gigs of sweet love

Your Fury X is exhausting hot air out the front, or did you convert it to intake?

The hub is clearly facing inwards.

yes, I opened it up, took out the stock fan, and replaced it with a static pressure fan intaking air

Makes no difference, it depends on the direction of air from the fan you fucking retard.

I see, that's what I was wondering. Far as I know you can't flip it on the stock piece of shit fan.

Should I buy some custom cables, or make my own? I'm still using an old AX 850... should I upgrade and buy cables?

If I can make them myself, where can I find resources? (UK)

Show me a fan where the air doesn't move in the direction of the side with the hub supports, please.

Shut the fuck up.

Amazon, Overclockers UK

Alright, you're a fucking idiot. Got it.

For custom cables, or to make them myself? Is it cheaper if I do it myself?

If so, how can I assure that the cables are compatible with my PSU?

search your PSU into overclockers, or atleast corsair. Cable extensions are much cheaper, at £30 for a full set

waiting for my new case

rate

what do you guys use to clean out dust and shit? just compressed air, or have you committed to some sort of vacuum. i'm getting back from school and my computer is dusty as fuck

I guess this has way more room than the back side of the Define R4 (which I have).

My cables are just pushed together when I want to close it, it's not pretty.
Seeing your build makes me wanna get this case. Seems pretty great, I have about the same setup as you 2x HDD 1x SSD.

Anything I must be aware of about this case?
I'm looking at the window version right now, is your the closed or window one?

I use one of these to clean out dust. Won't help with the shit, though.

First build, I'm not the best with these things, wondering why my CPU is so hot.

get yourself an aftermarket cooler.

why get a new case when that is fucking amazing. 10/10

Can't say if it has more room than the R4, but there is plenty of room in the Define S.
I have an old Antec case which was terrible for storing cables in the back, and this is like heaven.

But I also have a modular PSU.

I was mostly disappointed in the plastic front, but it looks like brushed aluminium, so it's all good.

Can't say I've found any other bad things. Maybe the bottom filter is difficult to get back in, but yeah that's not an issue in my eyes.

I got my case for around 70usd.